Cast

Me - Vicki or mummy or wench ;)
DH - Steve or "SPIDER!"
DD1 - Rebecca
DD2 - Bethany
DD3 - Jessica
DGM - My mum
DGA - My Step Dad

We all got up early with the aim of going to Universal Stuidos :woohoo: . DDs decide if we are taking two cars then they can spread out and not touch each other in the back of ours. I'm sure there was some cry of needing "space".... :rotfl:

Drive was fantasic, as if we'd never left. I just love being on the road. In fact I am so sad I videoed our road trip to MK the next week. Well I thought it would bring back memories :sad2:

Anyway, we met up after entering the park and all dash to Shrek 4-D. My DD1 missed out on this last year as she was ill that day (my kids seem to really be affected by the weather). So she had heard about it for a year and now wanted to go experience it. This trip was for her to catch up on things she'd missed out on last year.

The queue was about 40 mins, which wasn't too bad. It was covered and the time passed rather quickly. Got in and sat back. Now I wont spoil it for those who haven't done it yet (but for those that have the spiders have me screaming!) Enough said. It's very clever and so enjoyable.

After coming out of Shrek 4-D my DGM & DGD went their own way. I queued up with DD3 to meet Donkey and Shrek

477015787_7e87ef09e1_m.jpg

478431048_1de3b38015_m.jpg

This did take awhile and we were out in the sun. It was very hot! Donkey was very "rude" to the lady in front of us.

After this it was a quick dash up to see The Blues Brothers

478431058_cfb30a0918_m.jpg

Don't think my DD2 and DD3 know who the car belongs to :cool2: :cool2: BUT it made my DH very happy - like a kid in a candy store :yay:

Off to watch Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue. Great show. DD1 really enjoyed this, she has a thing for men in black and the vampire was just her cup of tea. She also giggled a lot as we were sitting in front of a German family. As she studies German she understood what they were saying. Seemingly their sons were being naughty and she found it funny to hear how they were told off. Well I can't tell you if that's what they were saying or not, I have enough trouble with English :laughing:

Once the show was over we had the cry for food from all 3 DDs :dance3:
We went to Finnegan's Bar and Grill. Stupidly, as we were hungry we ordered starters :scared: they were big enough to feed us! After them came the main meal. Can't remember how much it was, but we came out stuffed! The drinks got refilled nearly before you'd finished swallowing the last mouthful. We had a lovely American who played the guitar and sang songs - he also took the mick out of everyone - us included :rotfl: . We all loved it esp DD3. She found it very amusing when it was directed at her dad.

Once the stuffing was over, and it felt like torture at the end we headed off to do a nice gentle boat trip called "Jaws" :lmao: I get so scared :scared1: when we go into the shed. It's so dark and there's a shark.... you know what I mean!!!! Anyway, I also find closing my eyes when I'm scared is great. Works even better in the dark coz no-one can see the big wimp I am :rolleyes:

DH and DD2 ran off at this point to do the Mummy. Me, DD1 and DD3 chilled with a look through the shops and a drink and a nibble popcorn:: :coffee:

While walking past Men in Black we talked DD3 into the ride. I hadn't done this before so it was all new to me. It was great and we all enjoyed it, even DD3. And we won! Can't say it was any of us 5 coz we had an extra little boy with us. He scored so high it was unreal. I think he won it for us, we were just there for the ride.

However, I was still so full from lunch that at the end when you are spun around a few times I could feel it coming up. Not the best ride to do when full. We bought the photo from this ride but I haven't scanned it in yet.

Met back up with DH and DD2 and we decided to just look through the shops. We knew we were coming back for
478431156_26e2b5fa4d.jpg
mardi gras so we left it at this for the day. (Yes that's a photo from 2006 but I have only downloaded one camera - still got two others to do)

My DGM & DGD stayed to see The New Universal 360 - A Cinesphere Spectacular. They had a cunning plan :rolleyes1 . Having found a bench in front of a sphere they parked their bottoms down and spent the next 2 hours chatting and watching others walk past. They had high hopes it would be worth it.

The time dragged on, and it was very hot that day. Then it began. The sphere lit up and died 4 mins later. By this time they couldn't get near another one so had to watch from a far. From what they said it wasn't worth it - I can't back this up as we haven't seen it. I always like to decide for myself as what I enjoy isn't always gonna be the same as what my mum enjoys.

Anyway, we went back to the villa, jumped in the pool, watched some TV (yes we did have that luxury) and went to bed. I wanted an early night as we had plans to shop the next day so wanted my DH in a good frame of mind :rotfl: . He puts up with a lot of shopping trips living with 4 girls, but we love to shop :love:

Thanks for all the nice comments. I am really enjoying writing these. I know my spelling isn't perfect but it's good fun.
Vicki

My favourite ride here is the mummy.

Sound like you had a great time.

Susan

I love Universal Vicki and the Mummy is my favorite ride:goodvibes Great reports:goodvibes

I love Universal Studios too, and really enjoyed reading your report. I thought it was really funny that your daughter understood the kids being told off in German!

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter