Vice President Cheney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DisneyMomx7

Please note some of the bylines of the Bush supporters and you will definitely see "don't be a girly man - vote Republican" "Kerry is for fairies". I just wanted to see if any Bush supporters would be willing to criticize these mean spirited attacks of those who support Senator Kerry.

Oh, wow. . .should I change it to "show a sense of humor. . .vote republican?"

Galahad. . .my sig says, "don't be a girlyman, vote republican"

Wow, the complaints some people have. Do you also comment on everything the republicans might find offensive, or is your complaining politically divided?

Originally posted by Kendra17
Oh, wow. . .should I change it to "show a sense of humor. . .vote republican?"

Galahad. . .my sig says, "don't be a girlyman, vote republican"

Wow, the complaints some people have. Do you also comment on everything the republicans might find offensive, or is your complaining politically divided?

I think you'd have to have a sense of humor to vote republican this year! :p

Originally posted by gometros
So he attempted to avoid military service through accepted means and when he couldn't get the deferment, he didn't run, but did his duty to his country. And you're going to criticize him for this. How desparate are you Republicans?

Cheney didn't run either. He was granted a deferment. So, why would he need to run? Kerry was NOT granted a deferment, so he chose to try to hide in the Navy and avoid combat. Alas, his plans were foiled, so he figured out how to get 3 purple hearts as fast as possible so he could go home.

Originally posted by dmadman43
Cheney didn't run either. He was granted a deferment. So, why would he need to run? Kerry was NOT granted a deferment, so he chose to try to hide in the Navy and avoid combat. Alas, his plans were foiled, so he figured out how to get 3 purple hearts as fast as possible so he could go home.

I think it's just marvelous that you're so full of knowledge that the rest of us lack. :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Did Kerry even apply for a deferment? Or did he just
volunteer because he thought it was the right thing
to do?

And by some people's logic on this board, all those other
swiftboat veterans, you know the ones who are coming
out of the woodwork now, they must have joined the
Navy to avoid combat also:rolleyes:

Originally posted by crazyforgoofy
I think it's just marvelous that you're so full of knowledge that the rest of us lack. :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Hey, the history of Kerry's Navy plans is all in his own words.

It's well documented how long Kerry was in theatre and how his 3 purple hearts qualified him to leave, even though many soldiers with the same number of purple hearts (and less with more severe wounds) chose to stay and server their full tour of duty.

In an interview with New York Times, April 23, 1971, "An Angry War Veteran", Kerry stated "I wanted to go back and see for myself what was going on, but I didn't really want to get involved in the war." So late in 1968 he volunteered for an assignment on "swift boats" - the short, fast aluminum craft that were then used for patrol duty off the coast of Viet Nam."

Kerry also admitted the same to the Boston Globe, "Kerry initially hoped to continue his service at a relatively safe distance from most fighting, securing an assignment as "swift boat" skipper. While the 50-foot swift boats cruised the Vietnamese coast a little closer to the action than the Gridley had come, they were still considered relatively safe. "I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

Glad I could help fill your knowledge void.

Originally posted by mudhen
Did Kerry even apply for a deferment? Or did he just
volunteer because he thought it was the right thing
to do?

And by some people's logic on this board, all those other
swiftboat veterans, you know the ones who are coming
out of the woodwork now, they must have joined the
Navy to avoid combat also:rolleyes:

Yes he did apply for a deferment in order to go study in his beloved Paris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry

After an application for a 12-month deferment to study in Paris was denied, Kerry volunteered for service and enlisted in the United States Naval Reserves

I can't speak for why the others joined the Swift Boats. I can only go by what Kerry has said about himself.

Alas, his plans were foiled, so he figured out how to get 3 purple hearts as fast as possible so he could go home.

This is just classic. I'm sure he was running around looking to get wounded. That's total BS and you know it.

Originally posted by oracle
This is just classic. I'm sure he was running around looking to get wounded. That's total BS and you know it.

The scary part is some of these people actually believe it.

Goodness you put on so much spin, I'm getting dizzy. In one breath you extol Cheney's ducking out of serving while slamming Kerry for not serving to your standards. And then to accuse Kerry of intentionally trying to get wounded? That's just sick.

Kendra 17 - I would comment on either side of the political spectrum when I find a comment tasteless and offensive. If you want to be an advocate for your political issues I think you should show more class.

The Kerry for Fairies and your by line I think are insulting to the many veterans who support Kerry. Everyone has different opinions politically, and that's how it should be, but when you resort to name calling and insults it only serves to divide people even further than they already are.

Originally posted by richiebaseball
Senator Kerry was actually against the fence before he was for it.

“I know how disheartened Palestinians are by the decision to build the barrier off the Green Line," he told the Arab American Institute National Leadership Conference. “We don't need another barrier to peace. Provocative and counterproductive measures only harm Israelis.”
October 2003

Of course this was a speech to the Arab American Institute. Just a case of changing the message to fit the crowd. No big deal.

Richard

You worked hard to find that one didn't you? I googled "Kerry Fence Israel" and the article you referred to is the first on the list. If you stretched your imagination a little bit more and looked down to the second search result, you would have found a reference to a list of Bush lies, including this statement from one about Bush's accusations about Kerry flip-flopping on Israel:

It is true that before each audience, Kerry emphasized what that audience wanted to hear. But there is no reversal of opinion here. In the same article the Bush campaign cites for the 'legitimate act of self defense' quote, Kerry campaign staffers point out "While he has objected to the route of the fence – as has Bush – Kerry has never opposed Israel's right to build the barrier for security reasons."

Goodness you put on so much spin, I'm getting dizzy. In one breath you extol Cheney's ducking out of serving while slamming Kerry for not serving to your standards. And then to accuse Kerry of intentionally trying to get wounded? That's just sick.

It's amazing when you see it. These people are rewriting the definition of chutzpah.

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
I like Vice President Cheney.

Thanks Dan, for that insight I guess with that endorsement, he's all set for Nov. 2nd :teeth:

You worked hard to find that one didn't you? I googled "Kerry Fence Israel" and the article you referred to is the first on the list. If you stretched your imagination a little bit more and looked down to the second search result, you would have found a reference to a list of Bush lies, including this statement from one about Bush's accusations about Kerry flip-flopping on Israel:

It is true that before each audience, Kerry emphasized what that audience wanted to hear. But there is no reversal of opinion here. In the same article the Bush campaign cites for the 'legitimate act of self defense' quote, Kerry campaign staffers point out "While he has objected to the route of the fence – as has Bush – Kerry has never opposed Israel's right to build the barrier for security reasons."

Never opposed it only called it a "barrier to peace". Got it.

As for the rest of your post, it deserves no reply.

Richard

Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
Kendra 17 - I would comment on either side of the political spectrum when I find a comment tasteless and offensive. If you want to be an advocate for your political issues I think you should show more class.

The Kerry for Fairies and your by line I think are insulting to the many veterans who support Kerry. Everyone has different opinions politically, and that's how it should be, but when you resort to name calling and insults it only serves to divide people even further than they already are.

Democrats have become the thought police of the 21st century. Get a sense of humor. ..or not.

Edited to add: What if I changed it to "Don't be a Metrosexual. . .Vote Republican!" Is that "offensive", too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter