Vibe: Everything about it!

bawpotter

Earning My Ears
I am traveling on the Dream in February with family. One of the people traveling will be 14 and 1/2. He wants to know everything about the teen club, Vibe.

Anything about it that you know of would be really helpful!!!

Thanks.

My DD's 13&15 loved it. They wanted to hang out there every
chance they got.
I toured it and it was a really cool place...no parents are allowed. The ages are 14-17 but the will let in 13yos with permission. They have their own pool area right at the bow of the Dream.

They made a Zombie movie,
They had pool parties.
They played games like gender wars where the whole club could join in ( boys against the girls)
They play music and you can even be the Dj. Had dance paries.
They had smoothie hour....free smoothies!

They have video games, ping pong, foos ball, life size chess board and all kinds of games.

They all rode the aquaduck as a group. had a magic show one night

All I know is when I asked them what they wanted to do, they said go to the Vibe! They met lots of friends too.

In addition to what Tink-n-Belle said...

We sailed last week on the Dream. My 16 year old twin boys spent a lot of time at the Vibe, just as they did two years ago when they were 14.

On the first night, they have "The Download" where the teens sailing that cruise get together with the counselors to plan out activities they'd like to do for the week. My kids loved dodge ball on the sports deck, pizza party, smoothie hour, trivia contests, the zombie movie making activities. (They didn't participate in the zombie activity this time around but were really into it last time). They would watch old movies at the Vibe (Sister Act was one they watched last week). On the private Vibe deck, there is a small pool, ping pong, foosball, and loungers.

Curiously, my son said one negative on this last cruise was that they had "open house" at some point every day during the cruise - usually that's just a few hours on the first day. It stunk for the teens, b/c most activities were shut down during that time, and parents and kids of any age were allowed to come in an check out the Vibe (but, as I said, most stuff was shut down, so there wasn't much for anyone to do but tour it). Hopefully DCL will get enough feedback on that to cut it down.

In addition to what Tink-n-Belle said...

Curiously, my son said one negative on this last cruise was that they had "open house" at some point every day during the cruise - usually that's just a few hours on the first day. It stunk for the teens, b/c most activities were shut down during that time, and parents and kids of any age were allowed to come in an check out the Vibe (but, as I said, most stuff was shut down, so there wasn't much for anyone to do but tour it). Hopefully DCL will get enough feedback on that to cut it down.

I have cruised many times with my son and the Vibe only had open house the first day only before the ship sailed. Only one that had open house was the Lab/oceaneer's clubs they did this everyday so parents could go in with them to play with their kids.

The cool thing the Vibe kids get is there own key to the Vibe. They will change there room key to a Vibe key that does both.

On the first night, they have "The Download" where the teens sailing that cruise get together with the counselors to plan out activities they'd like to do for the week. My kids loved dodge ball on the sports deck, pizza party, smoothie hour, trivia contests, the zombie movie making activities. (They didn't participate in the zombie activity this time around but were really into it last time). They would watch old movies at the Vibe (Sister Act was one they watched last week). On the private Vibe deck, there is a small pool, ping pong, foosball, and loungers.

Definitely make sure he goes on the first night to the Download. It is usually around 10pm. This is the night most kids make their friends for the cruise. My DS loved Vibe so much we had to make the rule he had to have breakfast and dinner with us.

I've heard somewhere that they have a kitchen area, with drinks, snacks, smoothies. Can anybody confirm or deny that?

Yes, they have a bar area with sodas, smoothies and a few snacks. Just off Dream yesterday and 14 yr old nephew had an amazing time. Spent every second in Vibe. Great counselors and activities.

I've heard somewhere that they have a kitchen area, with drinks, snacks, smoothies. Can anybody confirm or deny that?

They do. One of them not sure if it is the Dream or Fantasy has a coffee maker that my son loved in the morning. Smoothies are not all the time, they have a smoothie party or something like that. The last poster said there was soda and snacks that must be new from last year because the kids used to have to run up to the top deck for this.

My two kids were in Vibe this past April and had a blast. They met so many kids from all around the world and are still texting and using Skype to keep in touch.

Snacks are not available all the time, just when they do events that involve food (e.g., smoothing hour, cupcakes, pizza, etc.).

There are two entrances - the main one on Deck 4 and then the back entrance via Deck 5 which is not always open.

As others have said, that first night is really important because the kids all get to meet together for the first time and friendships seem to blossom from that point on.

Neither of my kids participated in the Zombie movie, but had plenty of other things to do.

They always came to dinner with us, but would leave right after dessert to get changed and head back to the club for the night.

We are going on the Fantasy next April again and the kids are really looking forward to the Vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter