• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vibe age question....

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I know that DCL is very age specific about the kids clubs once someone turns 18, they are no longer allowed, but I know there has been flexibility between the other clubs onboard. I am wondering if anyone knows if they would let my daughter who would be 3 weeks out from turning 14 into Vibe if we did the Hawaii cruise in May 2020. She is looking forward to Vibe and by the time we went on this cruise, she would have been to Edge multiple times. Just wondering if they might let her hang in Vibe if she preferred.

I think they would let her if you ask. You would have to sign a permission form, and they'll only do it if there is space available. (With the timing of that cruise, I don't think it will be full of 14-17 yr olds.)

My DS is the opposite. He will be 15 by the time we sail and he is already lamenting that he won't be allowed back in the Edge by then. He loves it there and is worried the Vibe will be boring.

My DD was 13 on our Med cruise in June. We went to visit Vibe and they offered to let her in if I signed a release form without us even asking. She ended up spending half her time in both clubs.

Hi all. I know that DCL is very age specific about the kids clubs once someone turns 18, they are no longer allowed, but I know there has been flexibility between the other clubs onboard. I am wondering if anyone knows if they would let my daughter who would be 3 weeks out from turning 14 into Vibe if we did the Hawaii cruise in May 2020. She is looking forward to Vibe and by the time we went on this cruise, she would have been to Edge multiple times. Just wondering if they might let her hang in Vibe if she preferred.
As noted, IF there's space in Vibe and you sign a release, chances are good she will be allowed in.

It wouldn't hurt to talk to the CM's when you board. I've done Vibe at age 16 so I didn't have to worry about anything

My daughter was in the same situation a few years ago and they let her into Vibe without an issue. She had a fabulous time. In fact, we rarely saw her and it became a family joke that she wasn't even on the cruise with us...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter