• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Via Napoli

emilyhuff

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an info regarding a possible Via Napoli closure at the end of October?

My DBF and I absolutely cannot go a trip without having their tasty tasty pizza. The only reservation time we could snag was 9:15pm the night we get there 10/24 (but will have been up since 430am) I turn into a pumpkin after early mornings so I dont know if we will make it that late...

When looking for reservations for 10/26, 10/27 and 10/28 MDE gave me the "reservations unavailable" prompt. I even tried to call and they said the same thing. I am having a hard time believing that the reservations for all of the above days are completely booked. Does anyone have ressies for these days at Via Napoli or did I just miss my oppurtunity.

We just booked this trip around 3 weeks ago and luckily got the FP we wanted but the dining is turning into more of a nightmare! Cant do anything on a whim at disney anymore :(

Does anyone have an info regarding a possible Via Napoli closure at the end of October?
I agree that it's probably a combination of Free Dining and the popularity of Epcot during F&W that makes it hard to find ADRs.

I just checked and found at least one time dinner time opening on 10/26, 10/27, and 10/28 each, so that would indicate to me that they are open on those days, but that they may not have any ADRs available for your party size and/or desired time. It could have also been a glitch with the MDE app (I was checking on the website).

Thank you so much for looking for me! I tried on the website as well and the only ressie i could snag was 830pm for 4 people (i could cheat the system i guess and cancel two people later down the line) but 915 isnt that much later so I guess we will just stick with that :)

Because ADRs can be booked 180 days in advance booking last minute can be a challenge especially when the free dining promotion is offered.

I would suggest to keep trying for something earlier. People do changes plans all the time

We have an 8:30 on Halloween for four people, so I certainly hope they're just busy and not closed :) I agree, can't go a trip without some Via Napoli pizza! Good luck finding a better time!

Agree with the others, but being that Via Napoli is operated by a third party vendor, I often wonder if they hold back some reservation times in order to accept walk-ups. I have been a walk-up to Via Napoli four times at various points during the year, and have always been able to get in :confused3

Agree with the others, but being that Via Napoli is operated by a third party vendor, I often wonder if they hold back some reservation times in order to accept walk-ups. I have been a walk-up to Via Napoli four times at various points during the year, and have always been able to get in :confused3

Wow thats awesome news! Maybe we will try to walk up earlier.

I had the same thought, and also wondered- is it possible to call the restaurant and make a direct reservation? (The way you can at the Swan/Dolphin and DTD restaurants)

They do not hold back tables, but if they have space they will take walk-ins with a wait. I've done it with 15 and 30 minute waits. Not sure of the likelihood of this being available during free dining/F&W.

is it possible to call the restaurant and make a direct reservation?

No it's not, since the restaurant is third party but is inside a park, all reservations must be made through the WDW reservation system.

They do not hold back tables, but if they have space they will take walk-ins with a wait. I've done it with 15 and 30 minute waits. Not sure of the likelihood of this being available during free dining/F&W. No it's not, since the restaurant is third party but is inside a park, all reservations must be made through the WDW reservation system.
Thanks, that makes sense :)

I have an reservation during the last week of October. I booked about 4 months ago and had a hard time getting decent times for a party of 2. Keep trying, people cancel all the time. Yes, as others have said free dining, but not us.

We walked up and got right in too on our last trip in July twice. I would recommend for you to just walk up and ask.

I guess you would have to cancel in advance though. I forgot about the stiff penalties for not cancelling. This is why we just wing it without ADR's.

I don't think there is a closure at all. A lot of people book ADR's at 180 day out and it is free dining on those days so restaurants book very quickly. We booked our ADR's a few weeks after our 180 day mark and checked a lot (Via Napoli including) and got everything we wanted but as you are closer, you should check a lot too since people cancel as they get closer.

People are having a hard time finding a lot of ADR's right now. I feel bad for those who book later or last minute because dining adr's are already mostly taken. Keep checking though! Or like someone else said, try to walk up!

My DBF and I absolutely cannot go a trip without having their tasty tasty pizza. The only reservation time we could snag was 9:15pm the night we get there 10/24 (but will have been up since 430am) I turn into a pumpkin after early mornings so I dont know if we will make it that late...

When looking for reservations for 10/26, 10/27 and 10/28 MDE gave me the "reservations unavailable" prompt. I even tried to call and they said the same thing. I am having a hard time believing that the reservations for all of the above days are completely booked. Does anyone have ressies for these days at Via Napoli or did I just miss my oppurtunity.

We just booked this trip around 3 weeks ago and luckily got the FP we wanted but the dining is turning into more of a nightmare! Cant do anything on a whim at disney anymore :(

We have a reservation 10/27 at 7:45 for 2. I made it 180 days in advance.
It is definitely possible that it is booked completely that week. You can try as a walk up but I have been there when they were turning away all walkups
Good Luck

Hello there! After a quick check, there is availability all three of those dates during lunch hour. Would that work for you? They have the same menu at lunch and dinner.....just a thought :goodvibes

I would just keep checking. Next weekend would be a good time. Other guests will start narrowing down their choices and tons of stuff opens up. Also check the cancelled ADR thread.

If you still have not made an ADR try making one day of or the day before. My daughters decided to go out on the last night on their vacation last week and I was shocked at what was available for that night. Just for fun I decided to check on breakfast the next morning. It took 2 searches but found every popular character meal available.

I have heard that you are better off making a last minute ADR than just walking up.

I have an ADR for November 5. I think it's more likely that it's booked due to free dining and people booking at 180+ days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter