Via Napoli - Some of the best pizza I've ever had

OMG, every time I read about Via Napoli my stomach starts growling and I have to concentrate on not salivating! I've never eaten there, but hopefully that's going to change in March!
The pizza looks amazing to me, but has anyone had any of their other entrees? I saw a picture of the Lasagne Verde once and it looked so delicious I almost licked my computer screen!

So I just made a huge negative thread and I want to get back in a better mood. I figured I would sing praises about Via Napoli in the Italy pavillion in Epcot's World Showcase.

I love pizza. Good pizza though, not pizza chain pizza or frozen pizza. It doesn't get much better than fresh made, brick oven, wood fired pizza with all fresh ingredients.

I have ate at Via Napoli before and always look forward to it. It's amazing. The food and service is always amazing and the theming is great too.

Also, the pricing might look a little high for pizza but it's not that bad. Their largest pizza can feed multiple people. I think it's actually a pretty good deal for the quality of food.

If anyone has not tried it, you're missing out.

Here is some food pics. We had 6 people eating and we like to eat, especially me. LOL. We got one of the largest pizzas in half pepperoni / half margherita. We also got one of their next size down white pizzas, Quattro formaggi I think it's called.

View attachment 68569

View attachment 68606

Amazing.

As far as pizza made in Florida goes, it is pretty good IMO. I wish they would cook it a little longer...the crust is too light for my family's taste.

At home, we are accustomed to NYC or New Haven pizza....the best of the best. Until we had pizza at Via Napoli, we weren't able to find pizza anywhere that we visited in Florida (Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Venice, Sarasota, & Punta Gorda.) We've tried for years, and we were told that it was all about the water.

Anyway, thanks to Via Napoli, we can have decent tasting pizza in WDW.

As far as pizza made in Florida goes, it is pretty good IMO. I wish they would cook it a little longer...the crust is too light for my family's taste.

At home, we are accustomed to NYC or New Haven pizza....the best of the best. Until we had pizza at Via Napoli, we weren't able to find pizza anywhere that we visited in Florida (Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Venice, Sarasota, & Punta Gorda.) We've tried for years, and we were told that it was all about the water.

That's why Via Napoli imports their water from Pennsylvania.

I love pizza: Thick, thin, medium, whatever. We've been to Via Napoli a couple of times and I don't get what's so great about it. It was good, but not" OMG I can't believe how good this is" pizza. I'm not from a place that's especially well known for great pizza, but the pizza place down the street is better than Via Napoli for me.

I love pizza: Thick, thin, medium, whatever. We've been to Via Napoli a couple of times and I don't get what's so great about it. It was good, but not" OMG I can't believe how good this is" pizza. I'm not from a place that's especially well known for great pizza, but the pizza place down the street is better than Via Napoli for me.

It is the only good pizza in WDW. Before Via Napoli, we couldn't find any acceptable pizza in WDW. If you are really craving pizza, it is the only place to find pizza that isn't disgusting. It isn't as delicious as the pizza I am used to...in fact, my husband makes much better pizza at home, but it is better than the alternatives.

The last meal we had before leaving for WDW was pizza, and the first meal we had when we got home was pizza.

It is the only good pizza in WDW. Before Via Napoli, we couldn't find any acceptable pizza in WDW. If you are really craving pizza, it is the only place to find pizza that isn't disgusting. It isn't as delicious as the pizza I am used to...in fact, my husband makes much better pizza at home, but it is better than the alternatives.

The last meal we had before leaving for WDW was pizza, and the first meal we had when we got home was pizza.
Oh, No kdding, compared to anything else at WDW this is manna from heaven. (BTW, is it necessary to specify manna, "from heaven"--where else would manna come from?)

So I just made a huge negative thread and I want to get back in a better mood. I figured I would sing praises about Via Napoli in the Italy pavillion in Epcot's World Showcase.

I love pizza. Good pizza though, not pizza chain pizza or frozen pizza. It doesn't get much better than fresh made, brick oven, wood fired pizza with all fresh ingredients.

I have ate at Via Napoli before and always look forward to it. It's amazing. The food and service is always amazing and the theming is great too.

Also, the pricing might look a little high for pizza but it's not that bad. Their largest pizza can feed multiple people. I think it's actually a pretty good deal for the quality of food.

If anyone has not tried it, you're missing out.

Here is some food pics. We had 6 people eating and we like to eat, especially me. LOL. We got one of the largest pizzas in half pepperoni / half margherita. We also got one of their next size down white pizzas, Quattro formaggi I think it's called.

View attachment 68569

View attachment 68606

Amazing.

Love this thread !!

A must-do for us, and will be there tues nite !!

We are accustomed to New York style pizza, which we love, and Via Napoli is the only Disney restaurant where we've found pizza we like. It is a bit undercooked for our taste, but it is our best option. The first meal we have when we return home is pizza.

We ate at Via Napoli this past August and do not understand the rave reviews.

The restaurant is loud and cavernous and the servers try and get you in and out.

The pizza was nothing special~ crust with water imported from Italy (meh). We ordered a cheese and 1/2 roasted eggplant- eggplant had absolutely no taste/seasoning. The pizza was nothing special at all.

We didn't understand the fuss over this place ~will not return and would never recommend.

I found a recipe online to make a pizza similar to Via Napoli. The pizza is fantastic and I cannot stop raving about it. Im salivating right now thinking of it.

I am definitely a pizza snob from Chicago. I love deep dish but also love my paper thin NY/Napoli style like this pizza.

Very light on toppings and not overpowering. I couldn't imagine eating a heavy, greasy, deep dish while at Disney and then hiking miles at EPCOT. This pizza is thin and airy and easy on the stomach.

I love it! 100x better than the stuff they pump out at the QS places!

Yes, the atmosphere is quite loud; but what place in Disney isn't?

Is their pizza like BLAZE pizza which is also fire roasted pizza but much cheaper? Does Disney Springs have their BLAZE location open yet?

ETA: I found that it will be open in May 2016. Pizza pics look similar but I wonder how different the taste is though. Love the fresh ingredients like Ovilini, arugula, roasted garlic that you get at Blaze.

Last edited:
We have eaten here several times. The food is good. Service good. It is a very noisy venue though as it is mostly a large open space. The last time we had two waiters, one in training. We didn't see grappa (strong Italian liquor) on the menu for after dinner. So we asked if we could get some. They got so excited that we liked it and brought out two shots, one for me and one for my husband. We had a really good time there.

Via Napoli is some of the best pizza I've ever had. Not as good as Pequods in Chicago or a place I visited in Florence, Italy, but it is very, very good. And consistent. I've been 6 times and the pizza has tasted the same each time.
I agree with this. Its excellent pizza and consistently delicious each and every time. Quattro Fromaggi and Pepperoni are our faves. :goodvibes Also, their candele pasta is amazing. Thats actually my fave dish at via. soooooo goooood!

That's good to know its that good, gonna need to check it out , we haven't done Via yet.

Pizza Time in St Augustine is about the best your gonna find in Fl.

We ate at Via Napoli this past August and do not understand the rave reviews.

The restaurant is loud and cavernous and the servers try and get you in and out.

The pizza was nothing special~ crust with water imported from Italy (meh). We ordered a cheese and 1/2 roasted eggplant- eggplant had absolutely no taste/seasoning. The pizza was nothing special at all.

We didn't understand the fuss over this place ~will not return and would never recommend.

I think the rave reviews are coming from the fact that it is almost impossible to find good pizza in Florida. This is the first pizza I could stomach in WDW and Florida as a whole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter