Via Napoli Dining Plan Question

JamiLeigh1913

Earning My Ears
I have read some reviews that it's best to pay out of pocket for Via Napoli. If I use the dining plan, what are my choices of pizza? I have the exact number of TS booked as I have credits but wondering if I should try and add one more and just oop for this one.

I can think of two reasons why people would say to pay out of pocket.
1) Via Napoli has had multiple reports of being sticklers for people on the dining plan not sharing their meals. Paying out of pocket, they don't care if you share. So if you are planing on sharing, everyone should be on the dining plan and using a credit.
2) The mezzo pizza is large and feeds 3-5 people, and costs $39. If three people split that, that is $13 per person. This is a pretty good deal in Disney (for really good pizza), so you don't have to look very hard to get a significantly more expensive entree elsewhere on the dining plan.

That being said, if you do want to use your dining plan, Via Napoli does allow you to use it - I believe if you are getting pizza you can get an individual pizza (though there might be a limitation on toppings if you do the "create your own" option). This may be a better option if nobody wants to share a larger pizza or if they would rather have an entree that is not pizza.

I really like Via Napoli, but if you're tight on credits or considering adding an additional TS dining locations, then VN is a good place to consider paying OOP. As the PP said, Via Napoli does not allow sharing when using the DDP (meaning you cannot use one credit to feed two or more individuals). The individual pizza is about 11" in diameter, so it can be more than one person may want to eat, especially if you're considering an appetizer and/or dessert. Also, when using the DDP you can order any of the specialty pizzas or the basic "create your own," but if you go with the "create your own" and want any toppings, those will have to be paid for OOP. Also, you also cannot pool credits to order a larger pizza. So for a lot of families/groups, it makes more sense to pay OOP at VN and use the credit elsewhere.

Your choices for pizza are the same, but each person using DDP must order an individual size pizza. They will not let you pool your credits to order a medium or large pizza. That's the main restriction. Another restriction is that the fancy sodas are not included as your beverage.

We're two adults and will order a large, which leaves an extra piece or two leftover. It's cheap enough where we just pay OOP and save the credit for something that's a better value and with no restrictions.

If you choose the build your own pizza option, the DDP covers the individual cheese pizza - but any toppings you add are extra and off plan.

Does anyone know if all of their desserts are included? They're expensive so I'm not sure how that works?

Does anyone know if all of their desserts are included? They're expensive so I'm not sure how that works?

Yes, all desserts are included for the adults on your plan. They aren't any more expensive than other TS desserts. Kid's meals will have their own desserts and cannot choose the adult ones.

Yes, all desserts are included for the adults on your plan. They aren't any more expensive than other TS desserts. Kid's meals will have their own desserts and cannot choose the adult ones.

Thank you.

I don't agree that Via Napoli dessert prices are the same as other ts restaurants. They are almost double priced. They are all around $10. A lot of
ts desserts are a lot less.

What about apps for the Deluxe DDP?
Are there any restrictions with these?

Sorry, I've never done the DxDDP. My guess would be there are no restrictions, but if the app is billed as "for two," then two people would have to order it.

I don't agree that Via Napoli dessert prices are the same as other ts restaurants. They are almost double priced. They are all around $10. A lot of
ts desserts are a lot less.

Desserts at Coral Reef are $8-9, Chefs are $8-9, Tutto are $9-13. Even Yak & Yeti desserts are $8-9, so Via Napoli is not that far off from some other TS desserts. Yes, there are places that have $6-8 range of desserts, but their entrees are also cheaper.

Yes, but the last time we ate at Via Napoli, it stood out that there dessert prices were very high.

We do deluxe a lot - none of the apps are off limits, but there is a one that serves 2. In our experience, they have always been strict about enforcing the dining plan rules so I would not expect any deviation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter