via Napoli and DDP

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
So we are going for FD In September. I have 2 adults, a dd6 and ds2. I paid the ticket upgrade to adult so we can get ds2, CS meals for free and share some TS credits. (He'll be 3 in December so we'll use his ticket then). Our plan at Via Napoli was to have the kids share an adult pizza. Will we be able to do this? We will have 4 ppl on the dining plan but since one is under 3 can he still eat for free?

I'm kind of confused with what you want to do.

You can't use a credit for an adult pizza. If your 6 year old is using a credit he will have to get a personal pizza. You can't pool together your credits and get an adult pizza. At a la carte restaurants, kids don't really eat free. If you order them something, you pay for it.

You could pay OOP for an adult pizza for them to share. It's just be the cost of the pizza.

Sorry, I know it's super confusing.....

I upgraded the dining to all adult by paying the difference in ticket price. So we now have 4 adult credits per meal, no child. Although one child is truly 2, can they still share, specifically at Via Napoli since they seem to be the most strict on the DP? Does that make more sense? Maybe I just confused you more.

You might be able to get away with sharing at Via Napoli because the one child is 2. But, if they think the child is older (and since you've aged them up), they will not allow sharing at Via Napoli. So, to answer your question, "maybe."

Sorry, I know it's super confusing.....

I upgraded the dining to all adult by paying the difference in ticket price. So we now have 4 adult credits per meal, no child. Although one child is truly 2, can they still share, specifically at Via Napoli since they seem to be the most strict on the DP? Does that make more sense? Maybe I just confused you more.

If you pay out of pocket you can share whatever you want. And you'd have to pay out of pocket to get a large pizza.

I feel like there's two different questions here. If you use credits and get individuals pizzas... Then I'm not sure. I'd say probably, because he's technically two. If you pay OOP you can do what you want.

This is one you won't know the answer to until you try it. Your MBs will show you have 4 adults on the DDP, and you will clearly only have two adults and two children at the table, one of whom should not be on the plan at all. So, they may let you use 3 adult credits to get 3 adult meals. They may think the other 2 adults are somewhere else, and only let you use 2 and expect you to pay OOP for anything the kids eat. Via Napoli is the most strict when it comes to the plan. If you explain that you've "paid" for 4 adults on the plan, so your children could eat better, they may make you use 4 credits because sharing is not allowed at VN where the DDP is concerned. If you decide to keep this ADR, you need to be prepared for whatever they say you need to do or be prepared to walk out with nothing and possibly be charged the no-show fee.

Oh wow, I didn't even think that I would have to pay for my dd6 because I don't have "kid" credits. Do you all think via Napoli is the only place that this could happen at? I will definitely choose another ADR so there won't be any surprises. Thanks for all of your help!

Oh wow, I didn't even think that I would have to pay for my dd6 because I don't have "kid" credits. Do you all think via Napoli is the only place that this could happen at? I will definitely choose another ADR so there won't be any surprises. Thanks for all of your help!

They are really the trickiest restaurant with credits, IMO. You should be fine other places.

Honestly, if you had only aged up your six year old, I bet you'd be fine. The fact that you aged up a two year old to an adult will cause some confusion, at least at Via Napoli. I bet you could get away with ordering three adult meals here, and it'd be worth it.

Ok, how about this scenario:

When we go to lunch at Via Napoli, we want to do this:

DD7 Kid pizza on a TS credit
DD10 Personal pizza on a TS credit
DD12 Personal pizza on a TS credit
GG80 Personal pizza on a TS credit

then,

Me share a large pizza
DW share a large pizza
FIL share a large pizza
MIL share a large pizza

i.e., the four of us share a large pizza that we PURCHASE OOP!

Will Disney let us do this?

Ok, how about this scenario:

When we go to lunch at Via Napoli, we want to do this:

DD7 Kid pizza on a TS credit
DD10 Personal pizza on a TS credit
DD12 Personal pizza on a TS credit
GG80 Personal pizza on a TS credit

then,

Me share a large pizza
DW share a large pizza
FIL share a large pizza
MIL share a large pizza

i.e., the four of us share a large pizza that we PURCHASE OOP!

Will Disney let us do this?
Questionable. If all eight of you are on the dining plan, they may not allow it.

Questionable. If all eight of you are on the dining plan, they may not allow it.

Yes, we ALL will be on the dining plan. ME, DW, FIL & MIL need to save an extra TS credit for later in the week when we eat at a 2 TS credit signature restaurant. We thought we could pay OOP for our Via Napoli and save the TS credit.

Can anyone verify this to be correct?

Last edited:
Honestly, I would pay this one OOP and call it a day. USe the extra credit for a nice signature meal. I would not try to configure a way to use dining credits at this restaurant and find out that the server will not cooperate or that I end up ordering way more food tha I need just to use the credits.

I'm going to kind of piggyback here! There are four of us going, all Disney adults--Me, DH, DS15, DS13. DS15 will undoubtedly want the very expensive seafood entree--he is not a pizza eater. The other three of us will probably share a large pizza and maybe a salad or appetizer. Ideally, I'd like to pay for the three of us OOP since I don't want to use up 3 credits on a pizza! But can I then use 1 TS credit for DS's expensive meal? Obviously, we're all on the same plan. Was hoping to do this and then just have to pay one meal OOP somewhere else that's less expensive!

So, basically, will VN allow three people to pay out of pocket and one person use a DP credit at the same meal?

I'm going to kind of piggyback here! There are four of us going, all Disney adults--Me, DH, DS15, DS13. DS15 will undoubtedly want the very expensive seafood entree--he is not a pizza eater. The other three of us will probably share a large pizza and maybe a salad or appetizer. Ideally, I'd like to pay for the three of us OOP since I don't want to use up 3 credits on a pizza! But can I then use 1 TS credit for DS's expensive meal? Obviously, we're all on the same plan. Was hoping to do this and then just have to pay one meal OOP somewhere else that's less expensive!

So, basically, will VN allow three people to pay out of pocket and one person use a DP credit at the same meal?

Since your DS is not getting pizza, I think you'll be fine. It's the pizza sharing on DDP that messes things up.

My family did this in Nov. 2013. DH & I used credits for meals & we Paid OOP for a large pizza & a salad for my 3 sons to split (2 Disney adults & 1 child).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter