VGT availability timeline??

paul436

Mouseketeer
When do VGT rates generally become available? I’m looking at the cruises out of NYC in October.

I got a VGT rate last year and saved a good amount of money.

Years ago, GT (restricted) rates typically weren't released until after the penalty period for changes began. More recently, they have sometimes been released earlier -- there are VGT rates available now for European cruises departing in September. Some cruises, though, don't get VGT rates at all.

If you're looking at a cruise many months away, your best bet is to book now, and watch to see if a VGT rate is offered before your final payment is due. If it is, you can cancel and rebook. If it isn't, you can decide whether you're willing to pay the rate you booked. If a rate opens up after the penalty period begins, it may save you money to cancel and rebook even with the penalty.

Also-- the VGT rate may appear, disappear, and then reappear later. We almost booked one for this past January several months before our cruise, but when we finally decided to book, the VGT was not offered. I kept checking back, then the VGT rate reappeared AFTER we were into the cancellation period for the regular rate, so we sort of missed the opportunity to save several hundred dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter