VGF vs AKL - what would you do

AKL is cheaper on resale, in points, and cash for a reason.

Unlike BWV that has lower point charts because its an old resort AKV is lower because of the downsides it has.

AKV is a fantastic stand alone resort. It's just an okay DVC level resort for visiting Disney World.

Busses or car are a requirement here every day (multiple times of day if you like going back for afternoon recharge).

Example at least with OKW and SSR you have all the food options for lunch or dinner at Disney Springs but I would take AKV over those personally.

VGF may have a change in availability but is primarily priced higher because of its location and the resort asthetic.

VGF does have the downside of a trek to get to Epcot as you either have to exchange monorails or walk over to the TTC.

It will be more expensive likely but MFs will be less than AKV so possibly it offsets some of the pointchart difference when you are comparing.

VGF will be better sleep around points as well because of the lower MFs.

We had this exact debate last week before we bought, lol! So, we currently have a small number of points at BLT, not enough for our family though, but enough to do a split stay somewhere else as well as BLT for a few nights.

I REALLY want to stay on the monorail but having BLT points, we decided the priority might be getting more points. I LOVE AKL savannah views. One of the things we love is the extra bathroom and the overall bigger space the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom allow at Kidani. For a 1 or 2 bedroom - it's fewer points at AKL than at VGF, so I am spending fewer points each visit.

Since we own BLT, we can stay a few nights there, go to MK, and then switch to AKL and visit the other resorts since we always rent a car anyway.

For those reasons, we bought 300 points at AKL last week, lol. Now, we're set on points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter