VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Sorry I thought I posted an answer last week. I must have previewed the post and didn't enter it. :blush: I think if you get a room ending in XX25 you should be able to see the fireworks. See the photos from the studio ending in 1229 that shows the fireworks. an XX25 room would be on the same wing. I would ask for a high floor too.

Thanks for the info! Put in my request today!

Thanks so much for doing this. It makes me want to stay at GFV more than ever....it just the points per night are so high!!!!:thumbsup2

Posting here too.. The math made me feel a little better..

Somebody please correct my math if I'm wrong..

Animal kingdom has 458 villas (according to passporter DVC book)
Around 20 of them are HA.. Couldn't get an exact number.. That's 4.4%

GF has 147 villas with 7 of them HA.. Is 4.7%

So I guess altho it seems like the GF has more HA room... percentage wise it's about the same..
But b/c GFV is soooo small your chances of getting one are higher..
Or maybe DIS'er just seem to be having bad luck.. ;-)

I'd be curious to know how many VGC have?

Posting here too.. The math made me feel a little better..

Somebody please correct my math if I'm wrong..

Animal kingdom has 458 villas (according to passporter DVC book)
Around 20 of them are HA.. Couldn't get an exact number.. That's 4.4%

GF has 147 villas with 7 of them HA.. Is 4.7%

So I guess altho it seems like the GF has more HA room... percentage wise it's about the same..
But b/c GFV is soooo small your chances of getting one are higher..
Or maybe DIS'er just seem to be having bad luck.. ;-)

I'd be curious to know how many VGC have?

The math gets tricky because you have to be careful about not mixing apples and oranges. There is a difference between "villas" and "vacation homes." Each DVC accommodation that can be booked separately is labeled a villa, so a lock-off two-bedroom is counted as two separate villas. However, those two villas comprise one, and only one, vacation home.

The Villas at Grand Floridian has 6 Grand Villas, 47 dedicated two-bedrooms, and 47 lock-off two-bedrooms. Thus, it has 100 vacation homes and 147 villas (each of the lock-offs is counted as two villas). So far, we know of 7 H/A villas at VGF and it would not surprise me if we end up adding villa #1528 (the studio that is attached to #1526, which we know is a H/A 1BR) and one of the Grand Villas as H/A villas. That would mean VGF could have as many as 9 H/A villas out 147 (6.1%), or 6 vacation homes out of 100 (6.0).

AKV has 458 vacation homes and DVCNews reports there are 708 villas. I don't know how many H/A villas there are at that resort.

I have very reliable information on Aulani. It has 459 vacation homes and 705 villas. There are 21 H/A villas, so that comes out to 4.58% of the vacation homes and 2.98% of the villas.

We just got back from VGF and our room number was 1505 standard view. I don't know how to post a photo but it was awesome. We had a view of the fountain and looked on to the pool. There was no fireworks views but a quick walk to the boat dock took care of that. Great place to view the fireworks. We really enjoyed out stay.

We are at VGF now in room 1218, a dedicated 2 bedroom. It is beautiful! I don't believe we will be able to see the fireworks, but will be able to see the water parade. This is our first stay as DVC owners and we couldn't be happier!

Just finished a stay at AKV at Jambo in a CL studio a little over a week ago. Our next stay is 2016, a little over 2 years away.

We plan to request GFV 1 bedroom lake view. Keep the pictures and information coming please. I like to research before we stay somewhere new and I love all the information here.

Thank you everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information in this thread. :thumbsup2 We are 44days our from our trip now and have a standard view studio booked at VGF. I just put in our room request yesterday for "top or highest floor possible, room ending in 05 or 11"

Hopefully we get our request :)

This thread was super helpful with the layout of the resort and expected views from each room. I will post photos once I return if we get a room number that hasnt been posted yet.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information in this thread. :thumbsup2 We are 44days our from our trip now and have a standard view studio booked at VGF. I just put in our room request yesterday for "top or highest floor possible, room ending in 05 or 11"

Hopefully we get our request :)

This thread was super helpful with the layout of the resort and expected views from each room. I will post photos once I return if we get a room number that hasnt been posted yet.

Don't hesitate to post your photos, even if it seems to duplicate photos already posted to the thread. Occasionally, links to photos on Photobucket, Flickr, etc., get lost or corrupted over time, so the thread can lose previously posted photos. Also, due to seasonal changes, landscape & foliage changes, etc., the view you might be slightly different during your visit.

Hope you have a great stay. We have 20 days to go before our first stay at VGF.

Don't hesitate to post your photos, even if it seems to duplicate photos already posted to the thread. Occasionally, links to photos on Photobucket, Flickr, etc., get lost or corrupted over time, so the thread can lose previously posted photos. Also, due to seasonal changes, landscape & foliage chafes, etc., the view you might be slightly different during your visit. Hope you have a great stay. We have 20 days to go before our first stay at VGF.

We may overlap with you, arriving 12th and check out 16th. We are staying at VGF for the first time in a lake view studio.

Don't hesitate to post your photos, even if it seems to duplicate photos already posted to the thread. Occasionally, links to photos on Photobucket, Flickr, etc., get lost or corrupted over time, so the thread can lose previously posted photos. Also, due to seasonal changes, landscape & foliage changes, etc., the view you might be slightly different during your visit.

Hope you have a great stay. We have 20 days to go before our first stay at VGF.

Nice =) We will look for some photos from your trip coming up. I will definitely grab some photos in June. 39days out now. Have a great stay!

Here are a few pics from our recent visit. We had a studio standard view room 1328. I LOVED the view. I would request it again in a heart beat. My kids loved to wave to the Monorail every time they went by. You could hear it go by but it was never an issue keeping anyone up. My only critique of the room was there wasn't enough storage but beyond that we fell in love. The robes were a nice touch. :) :cool1:

This was the view to the far left.
IMG_6072 by rjvose17, on Flickr

Left center
IMG_6069 by rjvose17, on Flickr

Straight on
IMG_6070 by rjvose17, on Flickr

Far right
IMG_6071 by rjvose17, on Flickr

Here are a few pics from our recent visit. We had a studio standard view room 1328. I LOVED the view.

Thanks for posting your photos, rjvose17! If I'm not mistaken, villa 1328 is about as close to the monorail track as you can be without actually riding in the monorail itself. I'm glad to hear that the monorail was a bit of a bonus feature about your location. Before VGF opened, some people were speculating that the noise and vibration would be so bad that people wouldn't be able to sleep and dishes would be falling out of the cabinets. Well, maybe not that bad, but close.

Did your kids try out the Murphy bed? Did they like it better than sleeping on the sofa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter