VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

DVCmember1992 said:
We stayed in 1607 last week. It's a standard view and was fabulous! We faced the main building, the beach and beach pool, covered walkway and the fountain. We could also see the beach and the lake. Plus the monorail. I was concerned with the standard view but it turned out great!!

Do you have any pics?

How can i request certain rooms? I know I cant request a specific room. But how can I let them know where I would like to be? Call? Ive already checked in online and gave them on upper floor preference, but Id like to not stay in one of the front facing standard rooms. Thanks!

Lake view studio 1414

image_zps18466a0d.jpg
image_zps0e5ae50f.jpg
image_zpsbf9a7495.jpg

Great view from this room. :thumbsup2

How can i request certain rooms? I know I cant request a specific room. But how can I let them know where I would like to be? Call? Ive already checked in online and gave them on upper floor preference, but Id like to not stay in one of the front facing standard rooms. Thanks!

You can call MS with a special room request, or you can use the MS email link on the DVC site. They will take a few days to respond that they have your request, will do what they can, but no guarantees. You can find the email link on the Upcoming Vacations page, under the My Vacations tab.

During our recent trip to Walt Disney World, we stopped by the Villas at Grand Floridian and toured the resort. There was a DVC Advanced Sales Associate in the lobby who was more than happy to show us a villa.

Villa 1114 -Lake View Studio

This studio is located on the first floor and has a view facing northeast toward the Magic Kingdom.

VGF1114_zpse83406ad.jpg

VGF1116a_zps076e29f0.jpg

One of the early comments about the VGF studios was that there was very little storage space in the studios. There are no storage drawers in the VGF TV armoire because it houses the pull out murphy bed. DVD has tried to correct the situation by putting two large drawers underneath the bed. Unfortunately, only one of the two drawers is usable. The second drawer can only be opened out a few inches because it is blocked by the nightstand.

VGFStorage1_zps23f44e33.jpg

In addition to the drawers, there is space underneath the bed to store luggage. There is a sliding panel at the foot of the bed to get access to the additional storage space. Here is a photo with the sliding panel partially open.

VGFStorage2_zpsf72566df.jpg

During our visit to VGF, we also toured villa 1116, a Lake View one-bedroom villa which is attached to the studio in villa 1114. Together, villas 1114 and 1116 make up a Lake View lock-off two-bedroom vacation home.

Villa 1116 is on the first floor and faces northeast toward the Magic Kingdom. It has the same view as villa 1114. If you look really closely, you can see Space Mountain on the horizon just to the right of the pedestrian on the walkway.

VGF116b_zpscc38e9f4.jpg

VGF1116_zps4573d63a.jpg

Courtesy of BCV23, here are some photos of villa 1424, a Standard View two-bedroom villa. It is on the fourth floor overlooking VGF's porte cochere and is a handicapped accessible villa.

Looking to the left:

photo20_zpsf61eca3e.jpg

Looking to the right:

photo21_zps75ddd64c.jpg

Balcony for villa 1424:

photo19_zps81041094.jpg

Bathroom:

photo18_zps31a0e541.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos, BCV23!

Thanks for such a helpful thread! I was lucky enough to get a 1 BR HA room for May/June next year. Supposedly we have a roll in shower. Can anyone tell me if it has the Jacuzzi tub? I will be very upset if I don't get my tub at DVC!

Thanks for the room pics as well! I'd love to see more, especially of the H/A rooms!

We checked out of room 1404 today. It is a lake view studio. Nice view of the Wedding Pavilion, the Polynesian, the Contemporary and BLT. I'll post pics when we get back. Now off to BLT.

Located on the first floor, Villas #1113 and #1125 are both dedicated two-bedrooms and classified as Standard View. The villas are located on either side of the VGF's side entrance that guests use to take the walkway to the Grand Floridian Resort.

View from the walkway looking toward the VGF building. Villa #1113 is on the left side and Villa #1125 is on the right, closest to the entrance.

file_zpsf24343b3.jpg

Given how close each villa is to the entrance and walkway, there are privacy walls that shield the balconies of Villas #1113 and #1125 from the foot traffic. Although these walls offer some privacy, they also restrict the views from the balconies.

At first, I thought these two villas probably have the most restricted views of all the villas at VGF. However, Disneyfn420 has shared some photos of her view from villa #1125 and they are quite nice. Click here to see her photos.

Here is a photo of the privacy wall near the entrance. Villa #1113 is behind the wall.

file_zps55ec548c.jpg

Here is a photo showing part of the balcony for Villa #1113.

file_zps8b3d2a29.jpg

Here is a photo showing the privacy wall in front of Villa #1125.

file_zps2146a566.jpg

wdrl, a very belated thank you for posting the photos for me.

As for the question of storage, we were quite happy with that in our two BR dedicated. The second bedroom had a large dresser. Quite an improvement on recent Disney resorts/renovations in my opinion.

Thanks again.

Thanks for such a helpful thread! I was lucky enough to get a 1 BR HA room for May/June next year. Supposedly we have a roll in shower. Can anyone tell me if it has the Jacuzzi tub? I will be very upset if I don't get my tub at DVC! Thanks for the room pics as well! I'd love to see more, especially of the H/A rooms!

Congratulations! I hope someone can answer your question but if it is any reassurance, the one and two bedroom accessible villas we've had with roll in showers have also had a jetted tub in the master. That has been our experience at BCV, BWV, BLT. Oops, just remembered that the Rollin shower villa at AKV club has only the shower, no tub at all in the one bedroom side. Of course, those villas were reconfigured resort rooms so probably had some constraints. Good luck!

Congratulations! I hope someone can answer your question but if it is any reassurance, the one and two bedroom accessible villas we've had with roll in showers have also had a jetted tub in the master. That has been our experience at BCV, BWV, BLT. Oops, just remembered that the Rollin shower villa at AKV club has only the shower, no tub at all in the one bedroom side. Of course, those villas were reconfigured resort rooms so probably had some constraints. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I called MS to ask, it turns out we don't have a roll in shower, there is a lip and short step to get in, but they confirmed that there is a tub in the room. We had a great room at BCV that fit our needs perfectly. I imagine if you were to stay at Kidani there would be a tub and shower. We've just started requesting the HA villas, in the past we brought our own retrofits to make the villas accessible, so this is all new now.

I am so excited about our feb trip, keep the photos coming! I am now scouting villas 1427, 1403, 1417 and 1503, and 1517. Would love to see the views from any of the upper level **22's! This may be our last 1 BR trip as we'll be adding another little set of ears to the family in July :)

We just got back from our trip staying in room 1125. I didn't find the views obstructed at all. It was fun to people watch everyone coming in and out and it was still very quiet even being so close to the path. We were super close to the lobby and exit to the pathway to the main building, not to mention very close to the beach pool. My mom had a scooter so it was great for her to be able to roll right out without going on an elevator. I don't have an account to post pics but I'll try and set one up to add them.
The room was fabulous. We had an amazing time!

Located on the first floor, Villas #1113 and #1125 are both dedicated two-bedrooms and classified as Standard View. The villas are located on either side of the VGF's side entrance that guests use to take the walkway to the Grand Floridian Resort.

View from the walkway looking toward the VGF building. Villa #1113 is on the left side and Villa #1125 is on the right, closest to the entrance.

file_zpsf24343b3.jpg

Given how close each villa is to the entrance and walkway, there are privacy walls that shield the balconies of Villas #1113 and #1125 from the foot traffic. Although these walls offer some privacy, they also restrict the views from the balconies. These two villas probably have the most restricted views of all the villas at VGF.

Here is a photo of the privacy wall near the entrance. Villa #1113 is behind the wall.

file_zps55ec548c.jpg

Here is a photo showing part of the balcony for Villa #1113.

file_zps8b3d2a29.jpg

Here is a photo showing the privacy wall in front of Villa #1125.

file_zps2146a566.jpg

We just got back from our trip staying in room 1125. I didn't find the views obstructed at all. It was fun to people watch everyone coming in and out and it was still very quiet even being so close to the path. We were super close to the lobby and exit to the pathway to the main building, not to mention very close to the beach pool. My mom had a scooter so it was great for her to be able to roll right out without going on an elevator. I don't have an account to post pics but I'll try and set one up to add them.
The room was fabulous. We had an amazing time!

I'm glad you liked the villa! If you'd like, you can email me your photos and I can post them for you. PM me and we can exchange emails.

I am so excited about our feb trip, keep the photos coming! I am now scouting villas 1427, 1403, 1417 and 1503, and 1517. Would love to see the views from any of the upper level **22's! This may be our last 1 BR trip as we'll be adding another little set of ears to the family in July :)

Just wondering why you've chosen the rooms you have, twinsouvenirs?
We'll be staying in a 1 bdrm in Sept (hopefully) and am interested in finding out anything/everything I possibly can.
The planning is just as exciting as the trip to me!

Courtesy of Disneyfn420, here are some photos of the view from VGF #1125, a dedicated two bedroom villa located on the first floor very near the lobby.

View from the terrace looking toward the walkway. VGF's outdoor fountain is in the background.

Image_zps8f2a8e63.jpg

View from the terrace looking to the left. Notice the monorail going into the station at the Grand Floridian.

Image5_zps096a3b7c.jpg

View of the terrace for villa #1125.

Image3_zpsb2798706.jpg

View from the terrace looking a little to the right. If you look past the walkway to the Grand Floridian you can see the beach and a bit of Seven Seas Lagoon.

Image6_zps4146c3b3.jpg
hell

Here is a zoomed image of the previous photo. You can clearly see a red clamshell on the GF beach.

Image7_zps37b21b10.jpg

Here is a link to a post that shows some of the exterior view of villa #1125.

Thanks for sharing your photos, Disneyfn420!

Just wondering why you've chosen the rooms you have, twinsouvenirs?
We'll be staying in a 1 bdrm in Sept (hopefully) and am interested in finding out anything/everything I possibly can.
The planning is just as exciting as the trip to me!

I totally agree regarding the planning :) It's like getting to enjoy the trip in advance in many different iterations. 1st, I like to be high up. Second, the **27's appear to have views of the fireworks! The **17 units seem to have a bit of poly view and perhaps even some wedding pavillion view. The **03 units have a view of the grand floridian resort area it looks like. I could be totally off base but these all look like the best to me :) Let me know what you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter