VGF may be sold out for some UYs

When I added on last month they were expecting to seel out in April so that's consistent.

On the first day of sales the guides will tell you that the resort is about to sell out so take their info with a grain of salt.

:earsboy: Bill

On the first day of sales the guides will tell you that the resort is about to sell out so take their info with a grain of salt.

Yeah except he didn't have to sell to me I called his because I knew exactly what i wanted and want it immediately so all he had to do was execute no need to push as I'd already decided.

As in all walks of life, some are less honest while others are more honest. Our guide rejected some lies another guide gave us when we bought BLT.

As in all walks of life, some are less honest while others are more honest. Our guide rejected some lies another guide gave us when we bought BLT.

I don't know if I would call it dishonesty, I call it selling and pushing the truth. VGF is selling out, it may be another few months but it will sell out according to DVD's definition.

I don't know if I would call it dishonesty, I call it selling and pushing the truth. VGF is selling out, it may be another few months but it will sell out according to DVD's definition.

As they say in Pirates of the Caribbean...

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

2 days ago we walked into the new Polynesian lobby and our guide just happened to be in the new DVC area. After talking to him for about 10 minutes, we asked hime what percentage the Grand Floridian had sold out and he told us 95%. He said they only sell 96-98% of the resort. Since we really like the GFV, we definitely want as many points at that resort as possible. He showed us the screen that showed us the remaining points for our October use year. There were only 6,000 left. With as many people who go over to the preview center at Saratoga a day, 6,000 points can sell out very fast. Although we weren't planning on buying anymore DVC, we decided to add on more points just so later we can book a 2 bedroom for a week with the 11 month booking.

2 days ago we walked into the new Polynesian lobby and our guide just happened to be in the new DVC area. After talking to him for about 10 minutes, we asked hime what percentage the Grand Floridian had sold out and he told us 95%. He said they only sell 96-98% of the resort. Since we really like the GFV, we definitely want as many points at that resort as possible. He showed us the screen that showed us the remaining points for our October use year. There were only 6,000 left. With as many people who go over to the preview center at Saratoga a day, 6,000 points can sell out very fast. Although we weren't planning on buying anymore DVC, we decided to add on more points just so later we can book a 2 bedroom for a week with the 11 month booking.

Congratulations on your add-on!

Just asked my guide about Dec UY for VGF. Told me it sold our last Thursday but could do a waitlist and it should come through within 2 weeks...

We just bought a small contract at the VGF and our guide told us that there was about 4,000 points left for Dec use year two weeks ago.
So I guess it could have sold out by now.

Just asked my guide about Dec UY for VGF. Told me it sold our last Thursday but could do a waitlist and it should come through within 2 weeks...
What does that mean? What will happen in the 2 weeks? I don't know that they can get an ROFR that quickly.

What does that mean? What will happen in the 2 weeks? I don't know that they can get an ROFR that quickly.

In theory, DVC could decide that outstanding contracts from a few months ago will no longer be honored. For example, someone calls DVC in December to buy 100 points. DVC sends them a contract for the 100 points. If the person sends the contract back, the points are sold.
However, some contracts never come back. They cannot sell them for a period of time. Eventually, they decide the person is not buying so they sell them to the next person.

Most salespeople will use miss-information to close a sale, Disney is no different.

Oh I completely agree, I especially love that he was touting how disney is going to give me 105 FREE points. I mean, how could I possibly pass that up?

I called to add on 3 days ago. Both April and Sept were gone, those are the UY I have. I'm currently on a waiting list for April. If it comes through before 4/1 I'll take it. If not, I'll just add on resale when something comes up. There was also no talk of "you'll get it within 2 weeks".

My guide was offering me Poly and BLT, even though I specifically asked for VGF.

I called to add on 3 days ago. Both April and Sept were gone, those are the UY I have. I'm currently on a waiting list for April. If it comes through before 4/1 I'll take it. If not, I'll just add on resale when something comes up. There was also no talk of "you'll get it within 2 weeks".

My guide was offering me Poly and BLT, even though I specifically asked for VGF.
I think VGF will be declared sold out by the end of April. Checking the Orange County Comptrollers deed recordings, VGF is still out pacing sales of PVB pretty significantly and at a pace to sell over 115,000 points in March. A little surprising as I felt the the pent up demand for PVB, the popularity of the resort, and it being the shiny new nickel, it would be crushing VGF in the early months. VGF sales have not taken a hit at all since PVB started being marketed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter