VGC Slim Availability?

We went straight back to the DVC desk at the GCH and got the appropriate phone number to call and make our complaint.

Good for you. :thumbsup2 How could that sales rep even think that would help her make a sale?

I got a call yesterday from DVC saying that I have a new guide. I talked to her and mentioned that I was thinking of VGC at one time but decided against it. She said there is currently a waitlist and if I was interested to let her know.

She also mentioned that the hotel rooms will be available to book starting 4/1. I asked about the points chart for them and she said it would be released on the member website that day.

I decided to sell our 100 points at VGC and listed them for $88 a point. They sold the same day we listed them, AND they passed ROFR. I just got the check from the proceeds last week. We bought the points on the Magic and at the time the guide tried to push us to BLT's. I figured VGC's would be better if we ever needed to re-sell, just due to the lower amount of inventory there and I was right. I took one wonderful trip there before the repo cruise to Alaska on the Wonder- stayed 6 nights, and if not for the cancer I have now I'd be staying there again in late April ( cancelled that ressie awhile back). I've also been lucky to have just sold the 200 point contract we had at AKLV's for a price I'm happy with and there was a fair amount of banked points for the new buyer. It just went to ROFR today. Still keeping our OKW since we bought the first year it was for sale and we got them for such a low price. My kids will keep the points after I'm gone as we never want to give up being DVC members. Congrats to anyone getting the perfect resale contract and to us sellers who have no other recourse but to sell...and want to make another family as happy as we have been with our DVC! Keep looking- that perfect contract will show up for all of you!

I decided to sell our 100 points at VGC and listed them for $88 a point. They sold the same day we listed them, AND they passed ROFR. I just got the check from the proceeds last week. We bought the points on the Magic and at the time the guide tried to push us to BLT's. I figured VGC's would be better if we ever needed to re-sell, just due to the lower amount of inventory there and I was right. I took one wonderful trip there before the repo cruise to Alaska on the Wonder- stayed 6 nights, and if not for the cancer I have now I'd be staying there again in late April ( cancelled that ressie awhile back). I've also been lucky to have just sold the 200 point contract we had at AKLV's for a price I'm happy with and there was a fair amount of banked points for the new buyer. It just went to ROFR today. Still keeping our OKW since we bought the first year it was for sale and we got them for such a low price. My kids will keep the points after I'm gone as we never want to give up being DVC members. Congrats to anyone getting the perfect resale contract and to us sellers who have no other recourse but to sell...and want to make another family as happy as we have been with our DVC! Keep looking- that perfect contract will show up for all of you!

I'm sorry to hear about your fight with cancer but it sounds like you've got a positive attitude and are still able to enjoy Disney travel. :thumbsup2 I wish you the best!:grouphug:

I'm sorry to hear about your fight with cancer but it sounds like you've got a positive attitude and are still able to enjoy Disney travel. :thumbsup2 I wish you the best!:grouphug:

Thanks! We still have enough points to enjoy our DVC. I know it sounds nuts to be happy to sell something we were still using, but it's the best option for us now and my kids can always buy more points for their families if they decide they need more in the future. I truly AM happy to be passing along the two "extra" contracts to someone else and think often about all the fun they'll be having and the memories they'll be making. This turns the occasion into joy vs. pain.

Last time I checked there was a WL. We decided to buy in January and after some research, we knew we wanted VGC as our home resort - it makes more sense for our family.

They told us their was a WL and we were okay with that. Our biggest regret was that 330 points came available in the UY we wanted and we only took 210. Although our first trip is still 9 months away, I wish we would have taken all 330 points for our family of six.

I'm trying to talk hubby into putting our name on the WL for a December UY...but he's hesitant to do so at this point.

There is a wait list at VCG, $130/point. Depending on what you are looking for, it sounds like it can take a few weeks to a few months to move to the top of list. You need to provide a credit card for a 10% refundable deposit, but they don't even charge the card. There are quite a few people on the wait list now, but who knows how many are actual buyers when the contracts become available.

Direct sales have become much more active over the past few months:
DVC Sales Stats

Watching the listings, it appear the resales have crept into the $95 range, even without 2011 points. If you buy direct, you do get 2011 points as long as your use year is upcoming, i.e.: a February UY contract will have 2012, 2013, etc. points while an August UY contract will have 2011, 2012, 2013, etc. points. Maintenance fees on a direct purchase are pro-rated.

Depending on the structure of the deal (closing costs, 2011 points, maintenance fees) the gap between direct vs. resale seems to be closing pretty quickly. ROFR risk is way up at VGC, so I think less patient buyers might be better off buying direct at this time.

Yep, waiting to see if Disney will let us buy one, they ROFR'd our first two attempts. :worship:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this time! The waiting is so hard popcorn::
Man, I didn't know you got ROFR'd a second time like I did. I know just how you feel.

I finally gave up and bought direct. Actually, we bought in two different stages to spread out the cost a little.

I wish you all the luck. We've already used those points for 1 trip there and have 2 more scheduled for this year. Maybe we'll run into each other some day!

Well at least you got the points one way or another.

I am a recent successful purchaser of a resale contract at VGC. My first offer was ROFR but the second one went through. Breyean and I were waiting buddies for a while. I made my sucessful offer in November and was finally in the system by the end of February. As other have mentioned , there is not as much inventory for VGC as the other resorts and the ones that do get listed are snapped up. So OP, here is my 2 cents:

1) check the listings frequently. Get new listings emailed to you. Having a smart phone helps so you can check your emails whereever you are. When you see a contract that fits your parameters - call right away!

2) be a little flexible about the parameters of your contract regarding points and use year. Dont buy more points than you can afford, but have a range that is acceptable. My range was 160-200 points. The first one (that was ROFR was for 160pts the second one (which I was sucessful on was for 200 points. Same with use year- I would take anything but December.

3) Try to get a good deal but remember what your primary goal is - are you trying to get the contract through ROFR or be the lowest purchase price on the "Who has passed ROFR thread. My first offer was for $85 (ROFR) the second for $88 (passed). I knew that the first offer had, at best, a 50/50 chance of passing. Now no one is going to say "WOW what a steal" at my sucessful price, but it is a substantial savings off the direct price. I am happy because my goal was to get into DVC at less than the direct price. I think that it is easier for people who already own DVC to try for the really low prices, because if their offer is ROFR'd , they can still book vacations with their other points.

Good Luck!

3) Try to get a good deal but remember what your primary goal is - are you trying to get the contract through ROFR or be the lowest purchase price on the "Who has passed ROFR thread. My first offer was for $75 (ROFR) the second for $78 (passed). I knew that the first offer had, at best, a 50/50 chance of passing. Now no one is going to say "WOW what a steal" at my sucessful price, but it is a substantial savings off the direct price. I am happy because my goal was to get into DVC at less than the direct price. I think that it is easier for people who already own DVC to try for the really low prices, because if their offer is ROFR'd , they can still book vacations with their other points.

I will say it... Wow, what a steal (at least compared to the current pricing). It gives me hope that a resale might work out. I think you are correct about current owners having more flexibility than first timers.

I will say it... Wow, what a steal (at least compared to the current pricing). It gives me hope that a resale might work out. I think you are correct about current owners having more flexibility than first timers.

Hmm...Maybe because I typed it wrong :rotfl2: Whoops...Add $10 to each price $85 (ROFR'd) and $88 (passed) :rolleyes: Sorry about that....

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this time! The waiting is so hard popcorn::

Well at least you got the points one way or another.

I am a recent successful purchaser of a resale contract at VGC. My first offer was ROFR but the second one went through. Breyean and I were waiting buddies for a while. I made my sucessful offer in November and was finally in the system by the end of February. As other have mentioned , there is not as much inventory for VGC as the other resorts and the ones that do get listed are snapped up. So OP, here is my 2 cents:

1) check the listings frequently. Get new listings emailed to you. Having a smart phone helps so you can check your emails whereever you are. When you see a contract that fits your parameters - call right away!

2) be a little flexible about the parameters of your contract regarding points and use year. Dont buy more points than you can afford, but have a range that is acceptable. My range was 160-200 points. The first one (that was ROFR was for 170pts (175?) the second one (which I was sucessful on was for 200 points. Same with use year- I would take anything but December.

3) Try to get a good deal but remember what your primary goal is - are you trying to get the contract through ROFR or be the lowest purchase price on the "Who has passed ROFR thread. My first offer was for $75 (ROFR) the second for $78 (passed). I knew that the first offer had, at best, a 50/50 chance of passing. Now no one is going to say "WOW what a steal" at my sucessful price, but it is a substantial savings off the direct price. I am happy because my goal was to get into DVC at less than the direct price. I think that it is easier for people who already own DVC to try for the really low prices, because if their offer is ROFR'd , they can still book vacations with their other points.

Good Luck!

I'd make one additional suggestion. CALL the resales sites and make sure they know what you're looking for and how serious you are.

I made offers on 3 different VGC contracts using Sharon at Fidelity and each time she called me as soon as the listings came in, before they were posted on their site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter