VGC June, 2011 Reservation Holders - Question

forevercruising

Mouseketeer
Hi, all!

We are hoping to use our SSR points to get a reservation at VGC for next June, 2012; so, we will not be able to call for availability until the 7 month window (which I will do on the very first day, of course!). (BTW: Our first choice = 2 BR Lockoff; second choice = 2 BR dedicated; third choice = 1 BR + 1 Studio [not connected]; fourth choice = two studios.)

I read on the Reservation Availability board that VGC is mostly already sold for this June, 2011, which I expected, by this point.

Here is my question: If you currently have a reservation to stay at VGC this June, 2011, did you reserve at the 7 month mark or the 11 month mark? Also, what type of villa did you reserve?

Thanks very much; I am just trying to get some additional information in order for us to be realistic about the possibility of reserving at the 7 month mark, during June, at VGC.

Thanks, in advance! :goodvibes :) :goodvibes

If you call first thing in the morning at the 7 month mark you will have a good chance. We have successfully done this. Resort previously has old out pretty quickly for the summer months

We have a one bedroom we are renting via points...reserved January 7 for June 17...5 months, 10 days out. We could only get two nights, though. I don't think there were any two bedrooms. Just random nights here and there.

Also, studios and 1 bedrooms book up faster than 2 bedrooms. So if you call on your 7 month mark first thing in the morning you should be ok.

We went last June and called in mid-January for late June. I could have booked a 1 Br or a GV on that call, but wanted a 2 Br, so we WLed. the WL came through very quickly (within days).

We are going again at the same time this June. I called at the 7 month mark and was able to book 1 stuido but not a second. I called again the next day for a Friday night check in and was able to book both studios at the 7 month mark.

Best of luck -- Suzanne

I booked my reservation for the first week of June in September last year. However a few weeks ago I thought that I might have miscalculated that the event I wanted to attend was going to be the second week in June, so I called up at WLed for a studio for two nights. It came through within less than a week, but it turned out my first hunch was right and I didn't need it so I canceled again.

The thing with the VCG is that a lot of people who stay there are fairly local (or live within 1 days driving distance). That means we can cancel our plans fairly easily so I've found that my WLs come through quite frequently. It's only if there is some big event that creates high demand like the D23 Expo or NYE, or Spring Break. In those cases it might be harder to get in. If you call at 7 months it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you don't mind being on the WL for a little while.

We did! We are staying at VGC June 12-17 in a 1 bedroom. I booked exactly at 7 months. The CM on the phone said, I could take my pick of accomidations. These were the exact dates we wanted!
FYI:I called this weekend to add a day on the beginning and nothing was available.
GOOD LUCK:wizard:

I have had a trip planned for this summer since the 11 month mark, but have had to change it several times. Late June was available at the 7 month mark, but I had to change it to May at 6 months, and had to WL a few of the days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter