Vettegirl's Holiday Dining Adventures Update 2/26 Thats a wrap!

Love the look of the BWI CL! The trouble with reading these fantastic reports is that my list of Disney must do's keeps growing! Can't wait to hear about your breakfast at Captain's Grill. We just added it to the list for March as the boys decided they really didn't want to do a character breakfast.

I hear you, there is still so much I want to do at WDW, just need the time and the $$$$.

Everything looks so wonderful, I am really happy to see what the Biergarten looks like during Christmas! That Sangria at AKL looks divine, I am sooooooooo super excited about my stay in November :yay: (I am also seriously considering CL). Excited to see how you liked the BWI as well.

If you can swing the CL go for it! Biergarten was so beautiful for Christmas, it was a bonus on top of the great food.

Looks great!

Thanks and welcome to the Dis!!

Heading out to Disneyland tomorrow as I am running the Star Wars Half Marathon this weekend and cannot wait. I have reservations lined up for Blue Bayou (hubby's bday), Carnation Cafe, Goofy's Kitchen (dinner), and will be having one of those delicious corn dogs. The CS at DL is fantastic and takes less planning or really no planning when you compare dining at DL vs WDW. Will share my food experiences when we return next week!!

Wow, 2 club levels in 1 trip. Impressive. BWI does look great, but your AKL club level stay seems to really have some unique offerings. Hope I can try it out for myself someday.

Have a great time in Disneyland and the 1/2 marathon. My hubby is doing the WDW Star Wars one in April so curious to hear how this one goes.

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon! Can't wait to hear about your DL dining adventures. Loved seeing both CL offerings :thumbsup2

Hey Lori enjoy the half! I'll be looking out for those reviews & I'm really enjoying this review as well. I'm so jealous of the CL experiences! Thinking I gotta do that @ some point. ultimate Disney goal!

Wow, 2 club levels in 1 trip. Impressive. BWI does look great, but your AKL club level stay seems to really have some unique offerings. Hope I can try it out for myself someday.

Have a great time in Disneyland and the 1/2 marathon. My hubby is doing the WDW Star Wars one in April so curious to hear how this one goes.

Both CL stays were amazing! I won't be doing it again,but it was nice for a short solo trip. I may sign up for the SW half in WDW if I can get a spot. I just don't want to run when it is hot, the weather in Cali was in the low 50s and perfect for running.

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon! Can't wait to hear about your DL dining adventures. Loved seeing both CL offerings :thumbsup2

Thanks! I had a ball and never stopped running, only once to take a picture of BB8. I will be sharing my dining adventures soon.

Hey Lori enjoy the half! I'll be looking out for those reviews & I'm really enjoying this review as well. I'm so jealous of the CL experiences! Thinking I gotta do that @ some point. ultimate Disney goal!

Thanks!! I loved running in the race, it was one of the coolest experiences of my life.

Disneyland was a blast as always, and the food was good! I had an incredible experience running in my first race with Disney and the Star Wars half was one of the highlights of my life for sure! I never stopped running and beat my personal record. Can't wait to do it again next year. As far as the food we kicked off our first night with drinks at Trader Sams. We walked in and found a table right away. The DLH hotel location isn't crazy like the one at WDW, which I have never been to. For dinner we took Alexander to Goofy's Kitchen, which has standard buffet type food, not amazing but not bad. Lunch the next day was at the Carnation Cafe on Mainstreet. We sat outside with perfect 70 degree weather, I had the most amazing meatloaf. I am told it was Walt's own recipe, my DH had the pattymelt that was delicious, father in law had the cheeseburger, which he stated was one of the best he had ever had, and my mother in law had the famous potato soup, it was nice too. We were way to full for dessert! I took my picture with Oscar, one of the original castmembers from when the park opened, I had met him before, but I wanted a pic this time. He is so sweet and truly is a genuine guy. We also had my hubby's birthday lunch at Blue Bayou, where we were joined by fellow Diser Emmysmommy and her hubby. I had the jambalaya, 3 at the table had the monte cristo, and the other two guys had the flat iron steak. Everyone chose a salad instead of the gumbo. Everything was fantastic and they even brought my hubby out a dessert for his birthday! Other food highlights included the Star Wars launch bay specialty burger with chorizo, I had this and would not get it again. Also the nachos at White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian are a fav of mine and they never disappoint me! Also at the ice cream parlor on MS they still had peppermint ice cream left over and we opted to try one of the 60th anniversary cones, it was AMAZING!! Also amazing was the 60th anniversary cupcake with a fruit filling. Overall we had a delicious trip and I can't wait to go back to DL, as Walt's park is truly my favorite park out of all of them in the world.

Glad you had a nice time at Disneyland! (We did too)

Are you going to do the half next year or the 10K again? Glad you had an awesome race!

Glad you had a nice time at Disneyland! (We did too)

Are you going to do the half next year or the 10K again? Glad you had an awesome race!

Welcome back! I am doing the challenge next year for sure! Can't wait :)

YAY, Congrats on the half marathon! How awesome! I have run a few, and not stopping is definitely a HUGE accomplishment!!!

We are going to DLR for our honeymoon in Sept so thank you for all of the drool-worthy photos. ;) I think we may try Cafe Orleans, or do you think Blue Bayou is better?

I'm thinking Carnation Cafe is a must too.. wow. Everything looks delicious.

Looks like Alexander had a great time at Goofy's Kitchen. I can't believe how big he is getting!

Are the nachos the ones from Whitewater Snacks? We are planning on staying at GCH and I just know Justin will be eating those once a day, haha.

YAY, Congrats on the half marathon! How awesome! I have run a few, and not stopping is definitely a HUGE accomplishment!!!

We are going to DLR for our honeymoon in Sept so thank you for all of the drool-worthy photos. ;) I think we may try Cafe Orleans, or do you think Blue Bayou is better?

I'm thinking Carnation Cafe is a must too.. wow. Everything looks delicious.

Looks like Alexander had a great time at Goofy's Kitchen. I can't believe how big he is getting!

Are the nachos the ones from Whitewater Snacks? We are planning on staying at GCH and I just know Justin will be eating those once a day, haha.

Thanks! I can't wait to do it again. How fun a honeymoon at DL!! I have never been to Cafe Orleans, as I love the ambiance of the BB, it is a very unique dining experience for sure. Carnation Cafe is just amazing, please try to add it in, plus the prices aren't too bad. Alexander had a blast at Goofy's kitchen, I felt bad for the waiter as he left quite the mess. Those fab nachos are from Whitewater and I just love them. They are a bit rich though and I can only eat half, but good grief are they delicious. I hope you enjoy at the GCH, the location is so nice. I hated having to walk a mile to the homewood suites, but when I am walking I think about the price difference and I am okay with it :rotfl2:

Thanks! I can't wait to do it again. How fun a honeymoon at DL!! I have never been to Cafe Orleans, as I love the ambiance of the BB, it is a very unique dining experience for sure. Carnation Cafe is just amazing, please try to add it in, plus the prices aren't too bad. Alexander had a blast at Goofy's kitchen, I felt bad for the waiter as he left quite the mess. Those fab nachos are from Whitewater and I just love them. They are a bit rich though and I can only eat half, but good grief are they delicious. I hope you enjoy at the GCH, the location is so nice. I hated having to walk a mile to the homewood suites, but when I am walking I think about the price difference and I am okay with it :rotfl2:

Thanks for the suggestions! We are going to Hawaii first then just 2.5 days in Disneyland so it will be quick - unfortunately that's all our schedule really allowed but I think it will be worth it to see Walt's park! Hopefully we'll get in at GCV. We can book next month at 7 months out.

Carnation Cafe has been on my list! Is it me or does nothing at California Adventure, table service-wise really sound all that great? I definitely want to do Napa Rose on our arrival night since our plane gets in at 3 pm (so no park). And I want to try to do Carnation Cafe and either BB/Cafe Orleans. We'll have two park days so maybe Carthay Circle since I am dying to see World of Color. So many options, so little time!

All food item looks good to me especially that ice cream!
Congrats on the marathon!!!!!!:smickey:

Congrats on the race! What an awesome accomplishment! So many things at DL looked delicious. Those nachos seem like a highlight!! :goodvibes

All food item looks good to me especially that ice cream!
Congrats on the marathon!!!!!!:smickey:

Thanks!! That ice cream is worth the trip :)

Congrats on the race! What an awesome accomplishment! So many things at DL looked delicious. Those nachos seem like a highlight!! :goodvibes

Thanks! I try to have those nachos at least once each time I make it out to DL. The are a hidden gem for sure.

Wow, your disneyland food looks great. Especially that soup from the Carnation Cafe. Could devour some of that right about now.

Hope you decide to do the WDW star wars races too. Would be great to finally meet you!

Update!!

After spending time in Epcot I went back to the BWI for a break and went over to the CL lounge to see what the afternoon snacks were. I was so surprised that they had the nicest little tea sandwiches, one was cucumber and the other was a tomato pesto. They also had the delicious house made chips with dips as well as cookies. You could make a little meal of this stuff! I have never seen this at the BC or the AKL. Later on I stopped in to see what the dinner options were and they amazing. Offerings included broccoli/cheese tarts, marinated veggies, homemade mac and cheese, pbj rollups, dinner rolls, various meats, tuna tartar cones, and clam chowder! Who needs more food than this spread for dinner. Big score for the BWI CL. Also the beer and wine are self serve, at the AKL and BC they have to serve you. I love being able to help myself.

Wow, those club level offerings at boardwalk look delicious. Especially love the idea of all the little tea sandwiches and of course helping yourself to beer ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter