Veteran's Day Week-end Discount?

Liz&Griff'smom

Mouseketeer
For my husband's 40th birthday, my children and I are taking him to WDW. His birthday is on November 10th, so we are going during Veteran's Day week-end. Does anyone know if Veteran's Day has been historically blacked-out from fall discounts? I am reserving a vacation package today, and the possible fall discount will make the difference between a moderate or deluxe resort. Thanks!

I wouldn't expect a discount. That weekend is usually busy because of the Veteran's day holiday, the end of F&W, and NJ schools being out becuase of a teacher's convention. At least this year, they aren't adding the TOT ten miler that weekend.

We usually go this weekend because it is DH's birthday, but last year we opted skip it.

Free dining was offered last year for check-ins November 9 through November 15, which included Veterans Day Weekend.

However, the room-discount bounceback order which was in our room in March included these dates for 2013: October 20 through November 2, November 17 through November 23.

So I'm guessing that there may not be any room discounts or free dining offer for Veterans Day Weekend this year. But we probably won't know for sure until August.

Last year we did Veteran's Day weekend and had our choice between a room discount or free dining - we went with the room discount because it was a better deal for us....but it's possible that there will be discounts over that weekend!

Its coinciding with Jersey Week so I wouldn't bet on it. Jersey Week is typically blacked out.

We went in 2011 during that week and had free dining. We had to leave a day earlier than originally planned in order to get the free dining for that week. We originally had reservations booked at the regular rate and I kept checking for discounts. I didn't get the discount until about 30 days before our trip.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think that I will go ahead and reserve a moderate resort and upgrade to a deluxe if resort discounts or free dining is offered later.

i believe they still had a annual pass discount, but also the wine and dine half marathon is also that weekend keep that in mind as well

Wow! There is a lot going on that week-end. I wish that I could change the dates of our trip, but his birthday is on the 10th. Oh well, it's Disney World. We will have fun no matter how crowded. Thanks again everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter