Very Upset,please Give Advice......

My thyroid was humongous! MD found it on my physical. Turned out just to be a fluid filled cyst. This is most often the case. If it were to be cancer, generally not much more required than getting it taken out and putting you on thyroid replacement. Maybe some radiation to kill off any remaining cells. Its always scary when you don't know what's going on, but 1st it's possibly not even you, 2nd if it is you it's probably not cancer, and 3rd if it is cancer, thyroid cancer is, as a rule, extremely treatable. Hugs and prayers:hug: :angel:

Oh yeah, I got a message about 3 months ago about an abnormal PAP smear. Would have to have been pretty abnormal as I had a total Hysterectomy 5 years ago!! At least it wasn't a + pregnancy, talk about looking for the star in the East...:lmao:

well, no mistake..they are just morons lol I have a cyst on my thyroid and they want to ultrasound it...the only thing they had to say was "dont worry most of these are benign (sp ?)" well hey thanks still kinda worried but i guess i will know more at the end of the week...thanks everyone

If this helps, most are benign. I had cysts all over my thyroid and while my levels were always normal, they were uncomfortable. I live in MN so it gets cold here so if I can't wear turtlenecks, I freeze. They removed my thyroid 2 years ago and I am now on one pill a day. Not a big deal. I am sure you will be fine. Prayers are going out to you from the icebox named MN! :goodvibes

Try not to worry, my mom, grandma and great grandma all have had issues with their thyroids, and not one of them had cancer. Just a common thing. Now, if you are a man, the risk is alot higher of it being cancer, my DH went thru it two years ago and it did turn out to be cancer. Not fun, but alot of worse things to have than thyroid cancer, for sure.

well, no mistake..they are just morons lol I have a cyst on my thyroid and they want to ultrasound it...the only thing they had to say was "dont worry most of these are benign (sp ?)" well hey thanks still kinda worried but i guess i will know more at the end of the week...thanks everyone

OK, this is kinda weird because this is what I just went through the past month. Went in for physical and dr felt a "nodule" on my thyroid. I instantly went in to panic mode. I had an ultrasound, blood work, uptake and scan, and when all those came back with nothing, she sent me for a ct scan. I was a basket case!!!! Even though I finally did some internet research and found that a nodule on the thyroid is very common in women and fully treatable, I was still a nervous wreck. Long story short... the "nodule" turned out to be muscle tissue! Yea! And I'm sure yours will be something equally treatable, if anything at all! Relax! Oh, and funny that we're both in FL, too!

My family doctor found it during a routine cheerleading physical. And, he didn't waste anytime getting me in the OR. As a matter of fact, he wanted to the surgery the very next week, but it was PROM, so he waited two weeks. It was benign (sp?), thank goodness. Also, since I was so young, he said my thyroid would naturally adjust and produce what it needed to produce with no supplements. So far, 21 years later, it's still doing its job. I do have it checked (blood work) every year or so, and always before, during, and after my pregnancies. Thyroids control/affect a lot of things in your body, which I think results in the urgency to fix whatever is wrong. Don't worry--try to stay positive until you actually have something to worry about.

It turned out when I was 16, all I had to worry about after my surgery was this giant scar on my neck that my doctor said would "eventually blend in with my age lines." Well, I'm sad to say that he was right!!! :eek: You can hardly tell I have an incision scar there. He did a great job.

I had to have a thyroid ultrasound for nodules. I also have hashimoto's. Maybe they saw nodules.

Sandra

Anytime a test is ordered, a copy of the results will be sent to your primary physician... or it should be... !

I have a goiter on my neck... it bothers me on and off, but it's nothing serious.

Try to relax, keep us posted. All the best!

i go in in the morning for an ultrasound...I have been trying not to think about it but i am worried...thanks for the good thoughts guys!

My prayers and thoughts are with you. This post kinda hits home . My dearest closest friend found a lump in her neck last summer, put it off and now she's stage 3-4 cancer. Worst case and very aggressive for her age and she's able to fight it so whatever your case may be there is hope and it is treatable!! I would like to say I hate how your dr went about it. You should have at least had a phone call!! Keep your head up

I have migraines, have had sinus surgery, and had thyroid surgery.

Also I have had the MRI's, CT's, ultrasound of the thyroid, biopsy of thyroid & on & on.

If you need to talk, I'm here, I have been through it all. I know its too late to talk before the test from the sounds of it - but let me know.....

PM me if you don't want to post here, seriously - I wish I had someone to talk to. I had the thyroid surgery 8 weeks after my c-section from my daughter. It was tough!

well, i have to go back in 3 months to see if has grown and then do a needle biopsy....so I guess it is going to be awhile before i know something for sure, but they did say even it is a cancer then i should still be fine.

In January I went to my endocrinologist, thinking I just needed a refill on my meds for hypothyroidism, and he felt lumps in my throat. Not one for bedside manner, he began telling me all the possibilities, including cancer. Like the OP, my first thought went to my children. So many things go through your head, and the what-ifs are horrible. I had extensive bloodwork and had to wait two agonizing weeks to return for an ultrasound. He confirmed that the lumps were textbook Hashimoto's Disease. Very treatable. For two weeks I was going insane. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Now I look at everyday in a new way and really try to appreciate the little things.

My prayers are with you for your health and sanity!:grouphug:

Good websites referred by my doctor are:

www.thyroidawareness.com and
www.thyca.org

Ditto to what so many PP's have said. In fact, when my dr found a nodule on my thyroid and I went through all the testing, I quit smoking! So it definitely had a positive impact on me (and all the tests showed was that the "nodule" was a piece of muscle tissue) and I"m still smoke free! Sounds like you're in good hands now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter