Very Special Offer coming from DCL on Wednesday 12/10

For those adults w/o children, heard they will be letting you parasail off the aft deck as compensation.

DCL Kids Cruise Free Promotion

Children 12 and under cruise free* when traveling with 2 full fare in stateroom
3-Night Sailings 1/22 - 5/28/2009 only
Category 4 - 12 only
New bookings 12/10/2008 - 02/15/2009**
Staterooms are limited
Not applicable to land/sea vacations

*Cruise fare only. Does not include port charges, taxes, insurance, airfare, transfers, gratuities and/or shore excursions.

**Cannot be applied to current bookings. Current reservations would need to be 'reshopped' which could result in increase tier price, loss of stateroom, loss of dining time, loss of Palo reservations. If you chose to reshop make sure you have the DCL agent note your shore excursions as they may have to be added back on afterwards.

Edited to add:

Cannot be combined with any other offer from DCL:
Florida Resident
Military
Magical Rates
Onboard Booking SBC and/or discount
DVC
Groups
Cast Members
TA appreciation rates

WM John, thanks for the info. :)

Wow!! The list of restrictions is mind numbing. :sad2: So, I take it they are trying to appeal to first timers/ new bookings.

WM John, thanks for the info. :)

Wow!! The list of restrictions is mind numbing. :sad2: So, I take it they are trying to appeal to first timers/ new bookings.

Oh and only those with kids :sad2:

So no great earth shattering announcement as they made it out to be!

Claire :(

Everyone needs to get a grip. It's a discount! How often does DCL ever even offer a major discount like this? I can't believe some people are actually MAD at DCL because it isn't what THEY wanted!

Do you go into Sears and complain that a certain sweater is on sale and NOT the one you want?

Yes, DCL is trying to fill the 3 night cruises because with airfare, they are usually NOT cost effective to travel on. Once you add in airfare for a family of 4, not many peope want to spend $2,000 on a 3 day cruise. Disney knows this and is trying their best to fill these cruises with the discounts.

Those people who it works for should be very happy. Those that it doesn't - well, deal.

If Sears promoted that they were going to have the biggest and best sale ever and they only had kid's clothes marked down then yes, people who went in looking for other things with this promotion would complain, and would have every right to.

I knew that I was probably not going to take advantage of whatever offer DCL gave because we have already paid for a WDW trip in February BUT IMO the offer DCL ended up giving after their "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that has never been done by DCL before" is a joke and IMO it will do more harm than good for their company image at this time.

Disappointing. It makes more financial sense to book a 4 night cruise to get the $99 deal later on. It's the same airfare/pull the kids out of school issues, but you get a much better deal later on.

Oh well. I guess if you combine the 7/4 land deal and a 3 night kids free cruise it seems like a good deal. It's just hard to pull kids for 10 days to take advantage of the offers.

It can't be applied to current bookings! Shame on you Disney!:sad2:

To be honest not many cruise lines offer their discounts on existing reservations. They are new bookings only and that is how most business work. If you purchase an outfit at any store and then 6 months later that same item goes on sale you can't just go in and say I want this new price

Disney is trying to drum up more bookings for new cruisers or people that just weren't thinking of a cruise at this time. They aren't wanting to refund money that would defeat the purpose of trying to make up sales that they are low on

Not what we want to hear but that is how it is

Category 4 - 12 only
Staterooms are limited

*Cruise fare only. Does not include port charges, taxes, insurance, airfare, transfers, gratuities and/or shore excursions.

**Cannot be applied to current bookings. Current reservations would need to be 'reshopped' which could result in increase tier price, loss of stateroom, loss of dining time, loss of Palo reservations. If you chose to reshop make sure you have the DCL agent note your shore excursions as they may have to be added back on afterwards.

Edited to add:

Florida Resident
Military
Magical Rates
DVC
Groups
Cast Members
TA appreciation rates

I was put on hold so that the cm could ask a supervisor and told that they cannot reshop they would have to make a brand new booking and money transferred. I will call back and recheck on my end again.

Category 4 - 12 only
Staterooms are limited

Edited to add:

Florida Resident
Military
Magical Rates
DVC
Groups
Cast Members
TA appreciation rates

This is the BIG annoucement...not as great at we were hoping.

We are doing a 3 day cruise, with two children under 12, but not in those date ranges. We can not change dates because of another trip we have planned in June. I would re-book if the dates would work for us. I do agree with one of previous posters that a family flying to FL for 3 day cruise does not make much sense. Our trip will be a 8 day trip with the 3 day cruise included, along with a couple of days at WDW and some time visting relatives. Lets hope some more offers will be forthcoming that more can take advantage.

Anyone know when we can check the website for this? It is not on there now, I am curious as to which sailings this will apply...

If Sears promoted that they were going to have the biggest and best sale ever and they only had kid's clothes marked down then yes, people who went in looking for other things with this promotion would complain, and would have every right to.

I knew that I was probably not going to take advantage of whatever offer DCL gave because we have already paid for a WDW trip in February BUT IMO the offer DCL ended up giving after their "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that has never been done by DCL before" is a joke and IMO it will do more harm than good for their company image at this time.

I agree 100%

I will admit that I've been a tad "disenchanted" with DCL since the "special" cruise prices were posted. IMHO they are ridiculous. :scared1:

However, since we had a great time on the Magic this year, I've been shopping around hoping to find a reason to sail DCL again.

Not getting a reason with this promotion. :rolleyes1

RCCL will probably get my money instead. ( and again )

I'm so glad it doesn't apply to my parents cruise, but I think that DCL is going to see more harm than good from this promotion, I think they're going to see a lot of adult-only cancellations

Those people who it works for should be very happy. Those that it doesn't - well, deal.

LOL. I think we are "dealing" just fine, just a little disappointed. :)

This is the Disboards and people on here are planners and I just don't see a lot of peole on here benefitting from the offer. I'm thinking that most people on this forum who are already signed up for a 3 night cruise during the timeframe & would benefit most from an offer like this have either: 1)already paid in full because they are within their 75 day window or 2) don't want to risk reshopping the cruise and most likely losing their main dining seating and choice of cabin.

I think I would be very bummed if I had a cruise booked for the offer period and could not apply it to the existing reservation ... particularly b/c so many of the WDW resort offers CAN be applied to existing reservations.

Lame, DCL, very lame. We are looking for another cruise in the spring. It won't be with DCL, that's for sure!:thumbsup2

We don't have any children under 12 and if we did, they would be in school during those dates. I personally would not take them out of school unless they were still in Kindergarten.

I hope some people can take advantage of this offer :)

Just checked DCL's site and it's not on there yet. We were planning to do the 3 night cruise sailing May 28th. Had not booked yet due to waiting for a better deal.:goodvibes Hope they post it there soon. Maybe I should just call and ask.

Everyone needs to get a grip. It's a discount! How often does DCL ever even offer a major discount like this? I can't believe some people are actually MAD at DCL because it isn't what THEY wanted!

Do you go into Sears and complain that a certain sweater is on sale and NOT the one you want?

Yes, DCL is trying to fill the 3 night cruises because with airfare, they are usually NOT cost effective to travel on. Once you add in airfare for a family of 4, not many peope want to spend $2,000 on a 3 day cruise. Disney knows this and is trying their best to fill these cruises with the discounts.

Amen, I am really surprised by some of these responses. Disney is a business and I think people forget this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter