Very random question about towels

j&j620

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this seems pointless, but I'm curious... :confused:

I keep seeing pictures of resort rooms that have towel creatures/Mickey heads in them. DH and I stayed at the Poly in June for our honeymoon and we never got a towel creature! Were we supposed to? Or is it a concierge/club level thing?

Not that it makes a difference in the grand scheme of things, of course! I was just wondering. :)

Sorry if this seems pointless, but I'm curious... :confused:

I keep seeing pictures of resort rooms that have towel creatures/Mickey heads in them. DH and I stayed at the Poly in June for our honeymoon and we never got a towel creature! Were we supposed to? Or is it a concierge/club level thing?

Not that it makes a difference in the grand scheme of things, of course! I was just wondering. :)

It just depends on your housekeeper--some make them, some don't.

It is very random. I think we got them 3 times in a 9-night stay. We had a different housekeeper the first 2 days and didn't get any, then our regular housekeeper for the next 5 days and he left us 3, then the last 2 days we didn't have housekeeping (we were packing, then had already left).

What our regular mousekeeper did do a few times, though, was leave us little notes--I thought THAT was seriously awesome. They said things like "Welcome to Disney!" and "Hope your stay has been magical so far!"

BTW, there's a lot of debate around here about whether or not the mousekeepers call themselves that or whether it's just a fan thing. He did sign his notes "Ezequiel (Your Mousekeeper)."

Yep...it's hit or miss.

Our last trip I saw the housekeeping manger walking along with an huge bag full of the little critters that they make with washcloths. When we came back that night there was one of those little guys in every window down our hallway.

We have almost always had the mickey head with a welcome card on our bed when we arrive for the first night. The only time I can remember not getting that one was at POFQ but we had the largest most creative towel animal I have ever seen sitting on the bed when we walked into the room. It was sort of like a doll and bigger than the large Build-A-Bear animals.

It just depends on your housekeeper--some make them, some don't.

I've heard that .....it depends on whether the mousekeeper knows how to make them. The mickey head on the bed that we have had is only a couple of towels twisted into 3 rings and it seems that it's a required part of the service to prepare for a new guest.

Somewhere on here I saw a thread about the towel animals and there is a contest....it might have been on the resort photo board. :confused3

It's a 50/50 chance that you will get towel animals or you won't get them, plus things like tipping your housekeeper won't increase your chances of getting them.

It certainly isn't just for concierge level! Every night we stayed at POP (5 nights) we got a cute little wash cloth creature either in our window or on our bed. One night a friend back home had arranged to have balloons delivered to our room. When we walked in, the balloons were set up on the bed and a bunch of little towel animals were around it -- they were set up to look like they were having a dance party on the bed!

Our Mousekeeper was awesome. :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone! I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for next time!

On our last trip we had an adjoining room with my mom and stepdad. They rarely tipped while I tipped everyday. Yet we only got 1 animal and they got one almost every night. Since the rooms were adjoining I'm pretty sure we had the same housekeeper and it was obvious the children were staying in our room vs. my mom's.:confused3

On our last trip we had an adjoining room with my mom and stepdad. They rarely tipped while I tipped everyday. Yet we only got 1 animal and they got one almost every night. Since the rooms were adjoining I'm pretty sure we had the same housekeeper and it was obvious the children were staying in our room vs. my mom's.:confused3

Being side by side doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the same mousekeeper. There are lots of situations and examples where adjacent rooms could be cleaned by different staff.

In fact, odds are neither room had exactly the same person cleaning it for your entire trip.

What are the odds eh?

Although I have been to Orlando before this will be my first time staying in a Disney resort (POR) so I have my fingers crossed that we get one. I love all the Disney Differences. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter