Very nervous about OKW!

when i bought OKW in 1993 the price was 56 dollars a point with 7 years of free park passes.

I was39 at the time.now 61. the thing to remember is even if 2042 how many years can you use it. you should plan on just usuing yourself. my wife and i love it but our children couldn't care less.

on the other hand i have used our okw points to stay at most of the vacation club resorts and top hotels on disney propery however several years ago we just started to stayonly okw again. i is the best vacation club property and its rooms the best.

aok

Our contract went to Disney April 28th :cool1:
OKW, 228 points
$53 per point
We pay closing and 1/2 MF

It is "out of our hands" and the time in ROFR is dragging. :worried:

After reading all the posts about OKW, I just hope we can sneak past. :laughing:

Best of luck to you. But I would be looking at other listings just in case...

Sorry to have to say that, but recent history is not on your side. Good luck though! :)

Thanks for the condolences. I have pretty much accepted that I won't make it through with the latest ROFR price points...:headache: Oh well, I will let you know once I officially hear back...:rolleyes1

Best of luck. Once I see some more OKW pass ROFR I might actually start looking at OKW contracts again.

I hear ya Doug, I am switching gears once I officially hear back from DVD on this one. I am probably going to go two smaller contracts with AKV or Saratoga and then a BCV or BWV. So, that should open up some more options that aren't so ROFR'able...:lmao:

I hear ya Doug, I am switching gears once I officially hear back from DVD on this one. I am probably going to go two smaller contracts with AKV or Saratoga and then a BCV or BWV. So, that should open up some more options that aren't so ROFR'able...:lmao:

Probably a good idea, provided that you are happy with staying at those resorts. Remember, it is a total buyer's market at those two resorts, so there are deals to be had. Good luck! :)

Best of luck. Once I see some more OKW pass ROFR I might actually start looking at OKW contracts again.

I really should listen to myself. I just put in an offer on another OKW contract. Maybe the seller will reject the offer and I won't have to worry about getting through ROFR.

I really should listen to myself. I just put in an offer on another OKW contract. Maybe the seller will reject the offer and I won't have to worry about getting through ROFR.

Doug,

It might be time to start bidding on OKW again...Apparently, the monkeys throwing darts at the board missed me, as I squeezed through with my OKW contract today :yay:

Here are the details:
OKW 170 points Oct UY
334 points on 10/1/12 (164 banked 2011 points), 170 points for 2013
$48.83 per point, buyer pays closing, buyer and seller split 2012 MF

Happy Hunting!

Doug,

It might be time to start bidding on OKW again...Apparently, the monkeys throwing darts at the board missed me, as I squeezed through with my OKW contract today :yay:

Here are the details:
OKW 170 points Oct UY

Happy Hunting!

Congratulations! You must be thrilled. Glad some are making it through!

Terri

Doug,

Here are the details:
OKW 170 points Oct UY

Happy Hunting!

Last Friday I had an accpeted offer on an OKW contract which should be going to ROFR this week sometime. Also submitted another offer just this morning for another OKW contract. Maybe I'll get lucky this time :)

Congradulations on getting your OKW contract through :yay::yay::yay:

Last Friday I had an accpeted offer on an OKW contract which should be going to ROFR this week sometime. Also submitted another offer just this morning for another OKW contract. Maybe I'll get lucky this time :)

Congradulations on getting your OKW contract through :yay::yay::yay:

Good Luck this go 'round:thumbsup2

very nervous because I just made an offer on OKW and am banking a trip in deccember on it being accepted! PLEASE!!!!

totally being nosey! DougEMG what are you doing with all these contracts! My husband thinks I am bad with 3!! And every time we get back I get the bug to buy more!!

I love OKW! I stay there all the time (we own at BLT, but can never get in there b/c I newer reserve at the before 6 months out)

Those prices are great, this thread has given me the bug to add on at OKW!

totally being nosey! DougEMG what are you doing with all these contracts! My husband thinks I am bad with 3!! And every time we get back I get the bug to buy more!!

I'm planning for retirement and being able to spend about 2 months a year at WDW.

Although i do need some of my contracts to make it past ROFR for that to happen :confused3

Doug~ Why OKW contracts for you? It seems like most are having little luck there right now! Do you try to keep all you UY the same? I am looking at BTL but there are very few with our UY? By the way I like you retirement plan!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter