Very Merry Christmas 2011 - how does...

Is Very Merry Christmas worth the extra money?

• Definitley Yes - Do Not Miss It!

• It Is Really Good: but don't underestiamte the crowds

• Good Event - but not essential

• No - I would Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.

3hearts

Earning My Ears
...it work?
1. can you buy a pass just to enter MK for this evening event or do you firt have to buy a regular park pass, and then pay for this in addition?

2. how crowded does it get? is it really less crowded at the parades and rides?

3. any other insights ro helpful hints?

thanks!!!!

You don't have to have regular park admission to go, just the ticket for the event. You can get in starting at 4PM.

It CAN be crowded- some events sell out, but still less crowded than normal park days.

thanks for your note.
do you mean that some of the events that night still need another ticket?

Just to re-iterate...the ticket will say the party starts at 7pm, but you can enter at 4pm! The second parade will be much less busy than the first.

Kerri

No, they have MVMCP many nights, each night is considered an event. You buy one ticket for each night party that you want to attend. We only attend one time, but there are definitely people who attend more than 1 party night. You don't have to have a MYW ticket for that, unless you want to go before 4pm when they allow the party goers to enter. We attended last year, the crowds were about half what they were during the day, I would say. There are nights when they sell out,and those nights are definitely busy, probably nearly the same as when it isn't a party night. We did also purchase tickets to the dessert party during it, this is at Tomorrowland Terrace, and is a fun added thing to get great view of the fireworks and also some yummy desserts. But that is certainly not required to enjoy the party. There are some fun shows, a different parade, different fireworks, and shorter ride lines by quite a bit during it, plus some characters that you don't normally get to see. Last year was the 7 dwarves, for example.

It can be downright BUSY at the party.Remember they sell a limited number of tickets, but when you have everyone in the park trying to see the SAME few special things it can get crowded.The nights that do sell out are the ones that are during the last week of them.

You don't have to have regular park admission to go, just the ticket for the event. You can get in starting at 4PM.

It CAN be crowded- some events sell out, but still less crowded than normal park days.

Many areas of the park ARE less crowded than a regular park day. But most people are there to see the parade, fireworks, shows and special character appearances. So if you're there to do rides, the park will feel very uncrowded. If you're there for the special party only things........ it's likely to feel VERY crowded.... even on a night that doesn't sell out.

:santa: mousesavers explains it pretty well:

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is held after the regular closing of Magic Kingdom and requires separate admission. (You don't have to have paid admission on the same day to the Magic Kingdom in order to attend the special after-hours event.) The event is held from 7:00 pm to midnight on selected nights, usually running from the weekend after Thanksgiving through approximately a week prior to Christmas. Guests with Very Merry Christmas Party tickets are admitted to the park as early as 4:00 pm. You will need to get a wristband that allows you to stay in the park after the party begins.

Admission to the event includes complimentary hot chocolate and cookies, "snow" on Main Street, holiday stage shows, carolers, two performances of the holiday parade, and a special fireworks display. Plus, most of the major attractions will be open.

Is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party worth the money? Depends on your plans. Be aware that the same parades, shows, "snow" experience and fireworks (but not the hot chocolate and cookies) are offered as part of regular admission if you visit Magic Kingdom starting the day after Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party ends, through New Year's Eve. So if you will be visiting Magic Kingdom between December 20-31, there is very little reason to spend the extra money to attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party earlier in the month.

Although the number of people admitted each night is limited, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party can be quite crowded, particularly on weekend nights and the last couple of nights it's offered, so it's not always a good way to avoid lines. It can be a lot of fun to attend if you want to get into the Christmas spirit in late November or early December, but don't necessarily expect to get on a lot of rides. The party is more about the parades and Christmas "atmosphere."

http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwspecialevents.html#mvmcp

So
If you are at the park on a MVMCP night without a MVMCP ticket you will have to leave the park before the party starts.
If you have only a MVMCP ticket you have to wait to go to the park until 4PM or later.
If you have both a park ticket and a MVMCP ticket, you can use your park ticket to go to the park during the day and then go back up at 4pm and use your MVMCP ticket to check in for the party.

You get a wristband for the party, and they do check to make sure you have them on during the party. :goodvibes

I went to the SOLD OUT :santa: party on Dec. 19, 2010 and LOVED:love: it. I did not have any issues with crowds. We entered at 4pm, had front row seats for the parade, went to 2 dance parties, saw the fireworks and stage show, hat lots of cookies and coco, and rode a ton of rides.

I am already planning on going to the last party in 2011 (that is the week we travel) and I can not wait.

I would highly recommend it - don't stress about the crowds. IMO people on these boards tend to try to scare people about crowd levels. You will have a great time no matter when you go.

We only travel to WDW Easter week or X-mas week every year and love it.

You get a wristband for the party, and they do check to make sure you have them on during the party. :goodvibes

I so wish this was true. We were there Dec. 17, 2010 - entered at 4pm and left at 11:30pm. It was a cold night and we had on hats and gloves and warm coats. Because of our gloves and coats our wristbands were covered all night. They were not viaible on any of us. The only time they asked to see it was once as we entered to get cookies.

I am sure a ton of people were there for free.

Not one check point was set up as mentioned on this board and we were all over the MK that night.

I wish they checked - I paid almost $300 for that night and everyone should have paid.

I've been going to MVMCP every year since 2003. Each year it gets more expensive, more crowded. Yes, the tickets sold are limited. But the number they sell has gotten higher each year. And sure, there are areas of the park that aren't too badly crowded...especially after the fireworks show. But that first parade is really crowded. As are the fireworks.

Is it worth it?? Depends on what you are looking for. The atmosphere is very festive, the characters are dressed in their holiday best, the park decorations are really fun, the hot cocoa is great. But, if you want to go and do some of the party specific stuff...stage shows, parade, fireworks, etc., as well as various attractions, you may run into trouble. Many, many times you have to make some choices.

I so wish this was true. We were there Dec. 17, 2010 - entered at 4pm and left at 11:30pm. It was a cold night and we had on hats and gloves and warm coats. Because of our gloves and coats our wristbands were covered all night. They were not viaible on any of us. The only time they asked to see it was once as we entered to get cookies.

I am sure a ton of people were there for free.

Not one check point was set up as mentioned on this board and we were all over the MK that night.

I wish they checked - I paid almost $300 for that night and everyone should have paid.

Cold???????? That was the WARMEST night of that entire week! :rotfl2:

It was so cold the 14th and 16th at the party that I didn't CARE who had wristbands! :lmao:

OK........just kidding. I do care. It was SO crowded on Main Street......... I'm still utterly convinced they oversold that party. I read here on the DIS that people who had been unhappy with a couple show issues on Tuesday night got free tickets for Thursday night. And I think that one had already been sold out. We already had tickets for both nights, so it never occurred to us to ask. Besides, we had fun, and really did get our money's worth.

But the 16th on Main Street for the fireworks was the most crowded I've ever seen it. And I've been to a sold out party before.

We went on the 14th, and YES we froze, but we still were asked to show the wristbands SEVERAL times throughout the night, at rides, food stands, etc. We were all bundled up with coats and gloves, but still pulled them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter