Very Lowest Attendance Times of Year?

ColoradoK

Mouseketeer
I just got back from our second DisneyLAND trip (yesterday!) and we're already talking about how we're going to the World next time.

Anyone know the very lowest attendance periods? I can look online with the best of you and see the 3 off peak times. But when is the absolute lowest, anyone know?

Based on Touring Guide - it looks like the lowest attendance for 2010/2011 is predicted as follows:

Sept 7 - Sept 12
Oct 26 - Nov 1
Dec 5 - Dec 10
Dec 12 - Dec 17
Jan 30 - Feb 4
Feb 28 - Mar 4

These are all 5 day or longer stretches of the lowest rated crowd days (on a scale of 1 - 10, with the reality that 4 is the lowest rating actually given).

Keep in mind that if you go during these lowest time periods you are making a trade off.

You get less crowds and the cheapest hotel rates.

You get more attractions down for rehab.
Rides running at lower capacities.

Still If you won't miss not being able to go on Splash or EE it's not a bad tradeoff.

Keep in mind that if you go during these lowest time periods you are making a trade off.

You get less crowds and the cheapest hotel rates.

You get more attractions down for rehab.
Rides running at lower capacities.

Still If you won't miss not being able to go on Splash or EE it's not a bad tradeoff.

That's an excellent point. I would much rather go when crowds are just a little bit heaver, but not absolutely crazy. If I could go at any time, it would probably be mid to late May.

We went at the beginning of december and the lines were perfect. I only recall a one ride (Aladdin's carpets) being down at that time, but I think it helps that it was right before the Christams peak.

I just got back from our second DisneyLAND trip (yesterday!) and we're already talking about how we're going to the World next time.

Anyone know the very lowest attendance periods? I can look online with the best of you and see the 3 off peak times. But when is the absolute lowest, anyone know?
We have been to WDw at all different times of year and the two absolute slowest crowd times we have ever seen were during labor day week in September and the end of January into the first week of February. The lowest of those two weeks was the end of January into the frist week of February. It almost felt like we had the parks to ourselves. Literally, walked on to everything. We have tons of pictures from that trip where there aren't any other people even in the background of the picture.

We were there the week after Veterans Day. The crowds were practically non-existent. Also, it didn't rain at all.

We spent a lot of time at Stormalong Bay. We never had any trouble getting lounge chairs or innertubes.

The other cool thing was that the resort was decorated for Christmas overnight. Trees, lights and garland magically appeared.

Most attractions were walk-ons. We were even able to get on Space Mountain during its soft opening. The one crazy ride was Toy Story Mania. We used the Fastpass line once. We also did standby; the wait there was about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad.

We walked on Everest three times in a row, and walked right on to the safari truck. Granted, we got to AK about 10 minutes after opening, but still had no trouble at all.

DH and I went (w/o kids) the second week of September a couple of years ago and it was great. The parks were not crowded at all, just walked on to all the rides. I think the longest wait we had at any of the parks was 10 min. for Soarin. All our ADR's were on time with little or no wait. I only wish we could do that again but unfortunately, it will have to be when the little one is in college!:cool1:

We have been doing this for the last 4 years and it's great. Low crowds, dining plan, MNSSHP and Epcot's F&W festival. It doesn't get any better! :surfweb::thumbsup2:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter