Very happy but...

ejrj

DIS Veteran
So I'm very happy to have secured a BOG reservation yesterday but truth be told, I was desperately hoping for an Ohana res to open as part of the BOG madness. As much as I think BOG will be great, I actually think Ohana would appeal more the men in our group and be an easier place for our twin 2 year olds to um...be two. Anyone else a little surprised that other places didn't open up? Or did they and it was just Ohana that didn't?

I think with all the chaos yesterday a lot of people weren't letting go of their old ADRs until they are absolutely certain the new ones weren't going to evaporate.

I still have one I'll need to cancel somewhere else once we're all comfortable about it (not Ohana though sorry).

Agree with the others. Doubt many people canceled their other reservations quite yet. It was too crazy yesterday.
Congrats on getting the BOG ressie. I dialed for 8 hours and of course by the time I got thru all availability was gone.
Keep checking for Ohana. I'm sure something will show up!:)

I'm with you. Desperately want 'Ohana for our arrival day. Was going to settle for BOG but it's a MVMCP day and they only had 4:30pm available which is earlier than I want... but I took it. Soooo... IF I can get 'Ohana around 6pm, then I'll be canceling BOG. Dang, I wish they'd let us trade ADRs!!! I bet I could find someone who'd swap with me.

Agree with the others. Doubt many people canceled their other reservations quite yet. It was too crazy yesterday.
Congrats on getting the BOG ressie. I dialed for 8 hours and of course by the time I got thru all availability was gone.
Keep checking for Ohana. I'm sure something will show up!:)

I'm sorry you didn't get through yesterday. I was thisclose to being done when I got through. And I didn't play the 'chicken little/sky falling' calling back madness yesterday, so I wasn't entirely sure I would have a res this morning.

Originally we were supposed to travel in September and I had all my ADRs set at 180 days, when we moved dates I was left with few options so I'm very lucky to have been able to book BoG for dinner.

If I can get 'Ohana for Dec. 11 or 14 I will feel set in the new dates. Silly but true! Maybe some of those that got multiple reservations will drop some. Hoping for you!

I'm with you. Desperately want 'Ohana for our arrival day. Was going to settle for BOG but it's a MVMCP day and they only had 4:30pm available which is earlier than I want... but I took it. Soooo... IF I can get 'Ohana around 6pm, then I'll be canceling BOG. Dang, I wish they'd let us trade ADRs!!! I bet I could find someone who'd swap with me.

I really hope you can find an opening during your stay...but not for Dec 14!! That is one of the two nights we can do 'Ohana!! :goodvibes

I hope we can both get in that night!:flower3: It's making me nervous though... looks like lots of people wanting it that night and many things are booked up. Hoping for some openings as we get closer! :goodvibes

keep looking, they may open up as people adjust their other ADR's. I finally got a CRT ressie yesterday (and for a perfect time) after looking several times a day for a month. Btw, suscribe to the cancelation thread for the month you're visiting. Good luck :)

keep looking, they may open up as people adjust their other ADR's. I finally got a CRT ressie yesterday (and for a perfect time) after looking several times a day for a month. Btw, suscribe to the cancelation thread for the month you're visiting. Good luck :)

Woot woot! This gives me hope! We are doing crystal palace with some friends on the same day as my current CRT. Been watching to switch the CRT to another morning. So I'm glad to see that some will probably open up. Between that and now searching for a canceled BOG, I will be stalking the reservation page until November!

I was actually able to finally get an O'Hana reservation this afternoon. I have been checking everyday several times a day for the past month waiting for some spot to open while we are there that wasn't 9:55 PM (the only one available).

I checked on my lunch break today not expecting to find anything. i couldn't believe my eyes. An O'Hana time slot for 7:40 PM! Perfect :).

Keep trying and you will get one eventually. I bet the one I was able to find was a cancellation because of BOG.

I hope we can both get in that night!:flower3: It's making me nervous though... looks like lots of people wanting it that night and many things are booked up. Hoping for some openings as we get closer! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I actually did cancel an Ohana ADR when we got our BOG, and posted it on the November cancellation thread (it was our back-up, and we're going to Ohana a different day now that we have BOG). Have you been watching that thread? I'm sure someone would be thrilled to get your BOG if an Ohana opens up!

I too have also been waiting for Ohana and thought the BoG madness would open up a time slot. Ugh. I check everyday, a few times a day. Can you say, obsessed!!! ha ha. Good luck. pixiedust:

i had the same thought about people canceling Ohana for BOG and i swooped in at 8am on Monday and scored Ohana at 8:15pm for a night in December!

I would definitely keep checking back.....there will be cancellations at 45 days out I'm sure. Many people get to 45 days out and have to cancel their vacation plans then so as to not lose their deposit. So check closer to your 45 day mark and of course everyday up until then LOL and hopefully you'll get one :)

I would definitely keep checking back.....there will be cancellations at 45 days out I'm sure. Many people get to 45 days out and have to cancel their vacation plans then so as to not lose their deposit. So check closer to your 45 day mark and of course everyday up until then LOL and hopefully you'll get one :)

OOh. Great tip. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter