• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very frustrating

Mike valera

Earning My Ears
So as a Dvc owner you think Disney would have a little loyalty to its member. I have a August vacation booked at 11th month mark. Was waiting until 80 days out to get my tickets and then the shutdown not a big deal so far. Disney then shutdowns all new ticket sales with little information. Then they announce the opening for dvc resorts to try make us burn some points in the system and be Guinea pigs for new procedures.
Then they open parks for reservation system and you still can't get any answers phones are busy all day both dvc and disney line , chat room no one answers for 24 hours then its just useless info.
Where is the loyalty to Dvc members could at least let us buy tickets we after all bought Dvc to enjoy all of disney . And since they are opening Dvc resorts first don't you think we should get first shot at buying tickets and reservation?
Dvc members do pay dues for upkeep and taxes for these resorts not the local AP card holder who lives in Orlando!,
Sorry for venting its been very frustrating and I see Disney just likes the Dvc owner money and not what's right for its members!!! Sorry for the bad grammar

I feel your pain. They only gave us until November 30 to use expired banked points that were returned due to the closure. Availability is very limited. You have to call member services to book, these points are not available online. With the 45 to 50 minute wait talk to someone if you are fortunate enough to get through there is a good chance the availability you saw online will be gone. To me it would have made more sense to extend the use time for these points to ease demand.

This is all new to everyone, this virus has caused a lot of issues that no one thought would happen. We had the first COVID death in our county over the weekend. New case numbers are growing everywhere. Plans are ever changing. Communication would be nice, but I'm sure everything is being re-evaluated on an ongoing basis, including whether the parks will actually open. Remember, they originally were rescheduling everyone for June 1.

I’m sorry and I think this is just such a unique situation that there really was no way for Disney to be in a win win for every type of guest.

I do think that sales for 2020 tickets will happen sooner than later. I know they said later this summer, but I they did that because they really had no idea how booking would go during this initial timeframe and didn’t want to commit.

But, once June 28th hits and all existing 2020 ticket holders have a chance to book, then hopefully, Disney will get sales up ASAP.

ETA. Even today, nothing is booked...except HS on the first few days it open...all other parks open.

Why does everyone feel the need to make excuses for Disney they are dropping the ball . They should at least to whats best for there most loyal fans not leave us on the dark! Either open to all park reservation to all members to have a fair chance a planning a vacation or open when they ready to handle it !
The parks down the road aren't having all of these issues just saying. Its not called the vacation club. Its called the Disney vacation club.

They have no problem opening up the Dvc sales department to bring in more sales but not take the time to take care of its existing member. Like maybe answer the phone or Communicate better to its members! Its our money that keeps it going! Just saying we deserve a little more information.

Why does everyone feel the need to make excuses for Disney they are dropping the ball . They should at least to whats best for there most loyal fans not leave us on the dark! Either open to all park reservation to all members to have a fair chance a planning a vacation or open when they ready to handle it !
The parks down the road aren't having all of these issues just saying. Its not called the vacation club. Its called the Disney vacation club.

I’ll only speak for myself, but while I think Disney and DVC dropped the ball in the communication department, big time since announcing opening, I happen to agree with the decision to allow ticket holders, regardless of where they are staying, first shot when they can’t let everyone in.

I simply don’t agree that DVC owners who waited to purchase tickets...for whatever reason...should get to jump in front of someone who did purchase so far in advance.

I have a few friends going to Disney this summer who rented houses as they are a big group. They bought tickets in the winter and didn’t wait until closer to the trip. Why should they, who have invested well over $5k already in tickets, not get a chance at park days before new tickets are sold?

They have no problem opening up the Dvc sales department to bring in more sales but not take the time to take care of its existing member. Like maybe answer the phone or Communicate better to its members! Its our money that keeps it going! Just saying we deserve a little more information.
We are getting the same benefits as every other onsite guest. Many of whom spend as much on one vacation as what some people spent for their DVC Membership. Seems fair.

Last edited:
We are getting the same benefits as every other onsite guest. Many of whom spend as much on one vacation as what some people spent for their DVC Membership. Seems fair.

I would say this is inaccurate if tomorrow comes and cash guests with hotel only stays can buy tickets and DVC members with rooms booked can not. If this happens then they are valuing cash guests over their DVC members. The only people that have had any advantage in the DVC community with regards to park access are AP holders.

Last edited:
Sorry for the erroneous reply. I wanted to ask Chuck if he knows of a way to help us. We regularly renew our annual passes and planned to do so this year. Our passes expire before our December 2020 trip, however we are not within the 60 day renewal window. We are unable to make park reservations without them. Thanks for any/all suggestions.

@DisneyMeMa see below for how someone else in your situation was allowed to renew early
This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?

We were able to renew AP early though 10/2021. I actually called VIPassholder line and was transferred to ticketing. All day yesterday + 4 hours today and we got this resolved and are booked for the duration of the trip. I will say, if you purchase with ticketing you'll have to re-assign the passes to the correct folks in your party. Thank you for the suggestion! (For those who are hopeful for the week after Thanksgiving-- we booked all our desired parks without any issue).

Last edited:
Cases are UP hospitalizations are UP and depending where in fla.. deaths are UP! Unless ur on property dvc now.. things may yet change... again. Best of luck all, stay safe!

I would say this is inaccurate if tomorrow comes and cash guests with hotel only stays can buy tickets and DVC members with rooms booked can not. If this happens then they are valuing cash guests over their DVC members. The only people that have had any advantage in the DVC community with regards to park access are AP holders.

But many CMs have stated that cash and DVC reservations can get 2021 tickets on the same day.

I am in the same boat, except my reservation is in October. You have my sympathy. I personally feel that people with existing 2020 resort reservations should have had the ability to buy tickets and be able to book park reservations prior to offsite guests with tickets.

The fact that most members are either mildly dissatisfied or mildly satisfied shows that Disney did as good a job as they could given the situation. Few are furious and few are thrilled (such those early in the crisis who had banked points restored or those who went from an allstars room to a 2bed at OKW.) I think they can live with that.

So how is a AP holder who lives in the surrounding area who gets a FL discount spending about $800 a year. Get ahead of a Dvc owner who may spend twice a much per year in resort dues and food on there vacation.
As far as off property stay that Chuck talk about. So all on property guest dvc and non dvc lose all rights to our on property stay fast pass , EMH , dining and you are OK with them getting reservation before them. Just because they spent $5000 on tickets. That was one of the perks to staying on property if it sold out for the day on-site stays where able to get in.

situation. Few are furious and few are thrilled (such those early in the crisis who had banked points restored or those who went from an allstars room to a 2bed at OKW.) I think they can live with that

You are a dvc owner that was staying at the all stars ? Little confused?

You are a dvc owner that was staying at the all stars ? Little confused?
DVC owners do stay at the All Stars. I certainly have. I think she's talking about regular Disney resort guests that got "walked" from the All Stars to OKW. *They* are very happy ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter