Very Excited!!

vflipo

Mouseketeer
So far this year I've been to disneyland a grand total of... 2 times. Once with my mom, once with my choir. I'm planning a trip in 3 weeks (sept 11-14) with my fiancee and I need a few tips. I've never gone to D-Land with a "significant other" so I need to know good places to eat etc. His sister lives in the Anaheim area (about 4 miles away from the park) and she suggested Blue Bayou. I've never eaten there but I'm sure it's good. Should we make reservations before we go or could we get one first thing in the morning? The days we're going are the 12 and 13 (tuesday and wednesday, the slow days). Has anyone been there around that time of year? If so, how busy is it? We firgured its the week after school starts/a holiday so it shouldn't be too busy. Plus it's in the middle of the week. When I went with my mom it was about mid march and a lot of people were there for spring break, but lines still weren't terribly long. Does anyone know an average wait time?? Also, what are some good places in downtown disney?? I've been to the rainforest (we have those here in az too so it wasn't that foreign to me). But how are the other places?? I went to Napolini's for lunch once and I've been to the ESPN Zone. I guess I'm worried a little too much, I've been to Disneyland MANY times in my life... but this is a special one if you know what I mean ;) Also, what is the cost of parking these days?? I usually stay across the street and just walk, but this time we're staying with his sister... So we have to park :p Any good suggestions on what to bring with us?? Does it get cooler at night in september?? I know in march it was freezing but it was the end of winter so it's understandable. Then again, anything below 90 is freezing haha. I suppose I have rambled on enough... So any tips whatsoever will be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

I think you've picked a good time to go - mid-week in September is usually not very busy at all.

You didn't mention if you will be visiting DCA at all...my favorite places to eat are Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Disneyland (good salads, pizza, and pasta), and Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA (soups and salads in sourdough bread bowls - yum!) Rancho del Zocalo is pretty good - very generous portions, at least, even if it isn't wonderful Mexican food.

Blue Bayou is pretty expensive, and I've always been underwhelmed by the food, but I haven't tried it since they re-opened with the new menu in June. It is a very neat atmosphere inside. I recommend lunch rather than dinner - the menu isn't too much different, but the prices are lower. If you really want to eat there I would recommend getting priority seating in advance so you'll have that. Call 714-781-DINE.

I also like Storyteller's Cafe in the Grand Californian - they have a pretty nice dinner buffet (though there are regular menu items available, too), and a good lunch menu.

Parking is $10.00/day for cars - oversized vehicles pay more.

It CAN get cool at night in September, so I would be prepared with a light jacket, but you might not need it.

Have a great trip!

Laura

We were down there the second week of July. We were there Saturday afternoon/evening, all day Sunday, and all day on Tuesday.... Tuesday was by far and above the busiest of the 3 days. So don't assume that it is a 'slow' day.

YOu also went in the middle of the summer, it's always busy in the summer. I don't think there's really a "slow day" to go between the middle of April and the end of August.

ScooterL said:
You didn't mention if you will be visiting DCA at all...my favorite places to eat are Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Disneyland (good salads, pizza, and pasta), and Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA (soups and salads in sourdough bread bowls - yum!) Rancho del Zocalo is pretty good - very generous portions, at least, even if it isn't wonderful Mexican food.
We're definitely going to DCA. He actually grew up in San Diego and used to go to D-Land a bunch but when he got older he kinda stopped going. The last time he went was when he was in High School, before DCA was open! SO it's going to be one of the highlights :) He's never been and I have a bunch of times. We'll have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter