Very Disappointed in Poly Club Level

We had a reservation for early July & changed it to CR. Reading reports lately I feel like we dodged a bullet. There’s no excuse for any of that especially at Disney prices. But FYI, turn down hasn’t returned anywhere.
Thanks for telling me that about turndown. I wasn’t sure and meant to ask. Any decent upscale hotel has turndown service. The little sweet cards on the bed and fresh towels after long days meant a lot. 😔

That’s what I thought! I wasn’t sure but I knew for sure they always had Baileys. They hoard it behind the window too so you have to keep asking and getting scowled at. 😔 I know for sure at Coronado it was just out to take. That was maybe 6 months ago

You can blame other guests for that who take the bottle back to their room. I posted about the Boardwalk club level a year ago when the CM's let it turn into a free for all. Guests rushing in first, grabbing beer/wine and a tray of food to run back to their room. Then CM's would say that's all they had for the night because they couldn't leave to restock. How do you let guests do that in the first place? I swore it off at that point, easier to book a regular room and grab a couple of drinks at the Belle Vue Lounge then to stress over the optimal time to show up for a night cap.

You can blame other guests for that who take the bottle back to their room. I posted about the Boardwalk club level a year ago when the CM's let it turn into a free for all. Guests rushing in first, grabbing beer/wine and a tray of food to run back to their room. Then CM's would say that's all they had for the night because they couldn't leave to restock. How do you let guests do that in the first place? I swore it off at that point, easier to book a regular room and grab a couple of drinks at the Belle Vue Lounge then to stress over the optimal time to show up for a night cap.
Fair enough. But don’t scowl at me and pour me literally 3 splashes of baileys like I’ve done something wrong

We enjoyed our club level experience at AKL last December. That said, they could have used a few more kid friendly protein options.
Definitely! When we were there in December, the chef mentioned changes were being made, and a kids section was being added. After reading the recent offerings, my kids probably won’t even eat any of the kids offerings, either! 😂

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-questions.3414590/post-64962562

Thanks for the information. Was considering upgrading to CL at poly but think I’ll stick with my reservation of CL at the tower. I hope it’s as good as it was the last time I went.

This is why we stopped staying CL and switched to 1- or 2-bedroom villas with grocery deliveries years ago. I just never found any of their food/beverage offerings or planning "help" (a term I will use loosely) to be worth the substantial up charge.

They had Mickey Bars, Mickey Sandwiches and Strawberry Fruit Bars when we were there Christmas week. There’s a little freezer.

View attachment 782259
This freezer was there July 28-Aug 1 - we just got back, but it was pretty barren unless you got there right at the beginning of service. There was a very large family group (we counted 7 adults and 9 kids) who would come into the lounge area, and either take up 16 spots for the entire service or grab a bunch of frozen items and head back to their room.

This is why we stopped staying CL and switched to 1- or 2-bedroom villas with grocery deliveries years ago. I just never found any of their food/beverage offerings or planning "help" (a term I will use loosely) to be worth the substantial up charge.
I think everyone does what works best for them.
We've never stayed Poly CL as it's never appealed to us. After reading recent posts it's a permanent no go. On the other hand, our BWI and YC CL vacations have been wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to book either again.

You can blame other guests for that who take the bottle back to their room. I posted about the Boardwalk club level a year ago when the CM's let it turn into a free for all. Guests rushing in first, grabbing beer/wine and a tray of food to run back to their room. Then CM's would say that's all they had for the night because they couldn't leave to restock.
I still fault the hotel for not staffing enough CMs to pour the night caps (thereby preventing bottle stealing in a non-confrontational way) or enough CMs to get replacement bottles when guests walk off with them. The hotel has options.

Poly CL is sounding understaffed or lazy (I suspect lazy considering the attitude OP was given) either way it’s a serious management failure.

We stayed club level at AKL in 2012 and decided that’s the last time. It was fine but even the $100 per night upcharge in the room price was not worth the food there. But the Savannah view made it better.

I still fault the hotel for not staffing enough CMs to pour the night caps (thereby preventing bottle stealing in a non-confrontational way) or enough CMs to get replacement bottles when guests walk off with them. The hotel has options.

Poly CL is sounding understaffed or lazy (I suspect lazy considering the attitude OP was given) either way it’s a serious management failure.
I was there New Years Eve weekend. I was impressed with the staff. I was not impressed with the offerings.

Considering how busy it was the staff was on it! Also very accommodating for drink requests during the day.

I really think after staying at many of the CL’s post Covid it’s the budget they are given. You can tell a short cut when you see it.
GF and CR definitely improved each trip the past 2 years. I would go back to those for sure. I would still do poly because I stay for building location wine and coffee. That works!

I was there New Years Eve weekend. I was impressed with the staff. I was not impressed with the offerings.

Considering how busy it was the staff was on it! Also very accommodating for drink requests during the day.

I really think after staying at many of the CL’s post Covid it’s the budget they are given. You can tell a short cut when you see it.
GF and CR definitely improved each trip the past 2 years. I would go back to those for sure. I would still do poly because I stay for building location wine and coffee. That works!
Coffee is very important! (As is the wine)

At the prices they charge, there is no excuse for diminished services. And if certain guests walk off with entire bottles, or trays of food, it needs to be addressed. If things are not replaced, the people following the 'rules' get punished and the rule breakers are encouraged to continue

I booked a regular room for an upcoming trip vs CL because any value I could previously rationalize is no longer there. I can buy a signature meal + each day for the price differences I am seeing. I don't drink enough Disney level wine to compensate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter