Very Disappointed in Poly Club Level

conandrob240

DIS Veteran
Service is very hit and miss (mostly miss). You walk in and most of the time, no one looks up to say hello. Missing food items. No Coke for 2 days- told “we don’t have any staff to go to other side of property to get it”. Hummus runs out at lunchtime, no one replaces. Quiche gone at 10:10am. Breakfast ends at 10:30, they say they can’t put anymore out. Someone asks what todays dinner/ app options are. They literally tell us “today is supposed to be cheeseburger egg rolls but we’re substituting chicken nuggets”. Only 1 kids item per day. Everything you ask for from about 1/2 the people seems like a big bother. No turndown service. Staring at my castle, drinking wine so not devastated or anything- just won’t ever do Poly club again.

My AKL club experience wasn't nearly that bad. But it wasn't great. I mean, really no Mickey bars at all? I still found it sad next to pretty much any nice, American hotel club level. I've paid a lot less for nicer club levels, for sure.

Grand Californian was the opposite experience ... so impressed at the level of service, attention, food and beverage choices throughout the day - absolutely clean and the CMs were on it - including helping those that brought in pizzas and a birthday cake ...

Interesting. I’ve never thought Poly had the best offerings but this is even a few steps below that. We did Coronado last year and it wasn’t quite as good as pre-Covid but it was 10x better in offerings and service than Poly. At 1/4 of the price

I haven't stayed at the Poly club level since 2019. Sad to hear about this decline. It was pretty good when I last stayed there. The only bright side is that it sounds like the problems are staffing related, which can (eventually) be fixed

It appears a lot of people are having negative experiences at Poly Club lately. Has anyone written to or spoken with GR? Locations have guest satisfaction ratings and (unfortunately) changes are sometimes not made until scores are low enough and they’ve gotten enough negative feedback.

I haven't stayed at the Poly club level since 2019. Sad to hear about this decline. It was pretty good when I last stayed there. The only bright side is that it sounds like the problems are staffing related, which can (eventually) be fixed
Our last Poly Club level trip was probably 2018

It appears a lot of people are having negative experiences at Poly Club lately. Has anyone written to or spoken with GR? Locations have guest satisfaction ratings and (unfortunately) changes are sometimes not made until scores are low enough and they’ve gotten enough negative feedback.
We did. To David a higher up manager and to Mindy who seems to be Club Level manager? She said she completely agrees and has heard all of this lately. She is really very, very nice. But the fact that it continues despite hearing this feedback even if it’s been a week or two makes me somehow even more annoyed.

That’s what I thought! I wasn’t sure but I knew for sure they always had Baileys. They hoard it behind the window too so you have to keep asking and getting scowled at. 😔 I know for sure at Coronado it was just out to take. That was maybe 6 months ago

My AKL club experience wasn't nearly that bad. But it wasn't great. I mean, really no Mickey bars at all? I still found it sad next to pretty much any nice, American hotel club level. I've paid a lot less for nicer club levels, for sure.

I’ve stayed AK Club many times. I don’t recall Mickey Bars there ever.

The OP’s experience at the Polynesian sounds terrible.

I don’t recall Mickey bars ever either.

My funnest surprise was getting into bed last night after a long day and finding the sheets had sand on them! 🤦‍♀️ It was our first night, we hadn’t gotten into bed at all and I can say with certainty, I had no sand in my feet. Yikes!!!

Service is very hit and miss (mostly miss). You walk in and most of the time, no one looks up to say hello. Missing food items. No Coke for 2 days- told “we don’t have any staff to go to other side of property to get it”. Hummus runs out at lunchtime, no one replaces. Quiche gone at 10:10am. Breakfast ends at 10:30, they say they can’t put anymore out. Someone asks what todays dinner/ app options are. They literally tell us “today is supposed to be cheeseburger egg rolls but we’re substituting chicken nuggets”. Only 1 kids item per day. Everything you ask for from about 1/2 the people seems like a big bother. No turndown service. Staring at my castle, drinking wine so not devastated or anything- just won’t ever do Poly club again.

We had a reservation for early July & changed it to CR. Reading reports lately I feel like we dodged a bullet. There’s no excuse for any of that especially at Disney prices. But FYI, turn down hasn’t returned anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter