Very confused about photospass plus.

lc214

Earning My Ears
I am considering purchasing the photpass plus. If I am understanding correctly, it seems that it would be worth the money but I want to make sure. From what I understand, if I purchase the pass, I will get a cd with all of the photos taken by wdw photographers, as well as the photos taken at chef Mickey (where we have ADR) and certain attractions. I don't get any hard prints with this, correct?

Another thing I am unclear of, if I order, do I get the pass in the mail, before my trip? I thought I read that I have to exchange it when I arrive. Is this the case?

Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure since I haven't been able to use it yet, but I think you only get the hard copies at the restaurants where you already get pictures included in the cost of the meal, which I believe is just at CRT and Akershus.

What you get in the mail is a voucher, which you then exchange for the card when you get to the parks.

We purchased the photopass plus on our last trip (Dec 18-24 2012). We bought it on our first day, not in advance, so I'm not sure about that. We had no issues getting our ride photos added, but when we returned home two of our meal photos were NOT on it. Make sure you stop by the photo center at the end of each day that you add meal photos to make sure they are there. I wish we had!

Got back from my trip last week and just ordered my cd today! Photopass+ was so worth it IF you have reservations at one of the places and you ride attractions. We had 3 places that came around and tried selling the pictures it was great being able to get the hard copy for free ($30 each). We also got the pictures on our card. We preordered it before we went and had the voucher sent to us. The first day you get there go to one of the photo stations and exchange the voucher. They give you your photopass+ card and you are on your way. I wasn't sure if I needed to get my cd with my photos on it before I left so my last night I went and there was a long long and luckily a CM answered my question. You go home, edit your pictures with all the borders and crop and stuff, and than you order your cd. You will have a code in the package you get if you preorder it. Shipping was included with this too! I would definitely recommend it if you plan to use photopass a lot, eat at the places that are included and do some of the attractions! Great value!

I agree with the PP. If you're not planning on eating at any of the restaurants that offer the photo packages (Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana-breakfast, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, Hoop Dee Doo Revue) or ride the rides that offer the attraction photos, then I would just stick with the regular photopass. The print packages at CRT and Akershus are also included, but I didn't include those when we were trying to decide on buying the photopass+ or not, because you get those with the dinner package with or without the photopass+.

We figured that since we had 3 of the character breakfasts, the photopass+ already paid for itself because generally each photo package is $30.

If you pre-order the CD you save around $40. You will get the voucher in the mail and then you can exchange it at one of the locations on the back of the voucher. The CM will then give you a photopass card on a lanyard. When you go to the restaurants offering the photo packages, just show them the card and they will give you the photo package. They will also give you a receipt so you can enter the number onto your photopass card to add the photos to your CD. You won't receive hard copies of the photos at the rides/attractions. The CM will add the photos to your card.

You just go this website, http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm also make you sure you order it at least 14 days prior to your tirp if you want to get it on time. I live in Canada and it came really fast for me, less than a week. Depending on the amount of pictures you have you can download them when you get home if there are less than 750 pictures, more than that is put on a CD for you. Remember that you have 30 days to claim your pictures from the first day the pass is activated, if you don't you will lose all your pictures! You can buy a week extention though if you need more time.

If I get the photo pass plus I understand I need to take the voucher to one of the stations to get a little card for use. But we have reservations at Ohanas, if they take pictures will the give me a card that I can have added to my account, or should I move my reservations so we have the actual photo pass plus card before any photos are taken?

Tracy

Several of the deluxe resorts have pick-up locations for the PhotoPass+ card including Trader Jack's at the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!