• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Cold & Character Filled Solo/Birthday Celebration Extravaganza TR UPDATED 04/03

Well everyone it's been a crazy few weeks and things have been really hectic. After a lot of thought I feel like finishing this TR would be good stress relief and help me keep my mind off all the negative things happening in my life...so expect updates in the next little while...I hope to do another update tonight so I hope you enjoy and apologize for the delay..thanks to all those on here for all the well wishes..it really brightened my day to see your warm thoughts in my inbox :hug:

And on with the show!! ....

Well everyone it's been a crazy few weeks and things have been really hectic. After a lot of thought I feel like finishing this TR would be good stress relief and help me keep my mind off all the negative things happening in my life...so expect updates in the next little while...I hope to do another update tonight so I hope you enjoy and apologize for the delay..thanks to all those on here for all the well wishes..it really brightened my day to see your warm thoughts in my inbox :hug:

And on with the show!! ....

Excellent! I'll be looking forward to the next update! :goodvibes

While waiting for my FP to come around for TSM I was able to pretty much walk on Star Tours (did this one twice), Great Movie Ride, and this classic....

IMG_0865.jpg

I also decided to head over to.....

IMG_0869.jpg

No I didn't actually ride it I just like to photograph it.
IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Don't get me wrong I love the ride when it's over..I always want to do it again...it's just getting on it and by myself is really hard. Maybe on the honeymoon i'll do it with Ken..just not on my own.

Another ride that I couldn't do on my own was RnRC. Again I love this ride once it's over I just need that push from someone to actually get on it....
IMG_0877.jpg

After a little bit of shopping it was just about time for me to head over to TSM. Even with the FP I still waited about 20 min to get on..but it's always worth it. I don't remember my score but it wasn't anything spectacular. Im lacking in the hand/eye coordination department LOL

After TSM I was starting to fade. It was another early day and I decided to head back to the WL. I was already planning on coming back later in the afternoon for a dinner ressie at Mama Melrose anyway.

Instead of making a direct trip back to WL I decided to take the boat to the Boardwalk. I orginally planned on having lunch here but got distracted with shopping. I had never seen the BW before so it was nice to look around and see the xmas decorations.

I also made a stop at the bakery and bought some AMAZING fudge using my snack credits.

From here I decided to get on the first park bus that came to catch another bus back to WL. I wish they would make travel between resorts easier. And what came first? The MGM bus. So back to MGM I went then caught the bus back to WL.

Once back at WL I was starting to really get hungry. I decided to head down to Roaring Forks and grab a side salad using a snack credit and a drink in my refillable mug. After that it was actually starting to get warm outside (when you are in the sun and the wind wasn't blowing) so I decided that rather than nap I would curl up in the chair on my balcony and read my book. It was so relaxing!! When im at Disney I never take time to do things like this (im the commando type) but it was just so nice sitting in the sun looking out at the woods with a good book.

Around 3:00 pm I headed back down to wait for another bus back to MGM. My dinner ressie at Mama Melrose was for 4:20 pm. I got to the park around 3:45 pm and killed 15 min with walking around the shops. At 4:00 pm I went to go sign in. It was super busy and I was worried I wouldn't be seated on time but as I was waiting it sounded like a lot of these people (especially those complaining) were walk-ins and didn't have ressies.

At exactly 4:15 my name was called and I was lead to my table. This was actually not a bad table. I was against the wall near the cooks area but that was fine with me it was actually quiet. For a drink I decided to have the Italian Surfer drink..very tropical. For a main I ended up having the chicken parmesan. It was AMAZING!! I ate every single last bit of pasta and sauce on my plate. The pasta was to die for...it tasted so fresh!! I would go back there in a heartbeat!! Again my meal went by really quickly and was out of there by 4:50 pm.

Another thing I really wanted to do this trip was the animation class. After dinner I headed over there and got in line to watch the movie portion of the magic of Disney animation. It was really cute. After the movie we were supposed to head to the drawing class but I had no idea that they stop the drawing portion of the class at 4:00 pm. I was so disapointed!!

As I walked out really bummed out I noticed that I hit the character jackpot. Aside from the characters of UP there was also the Incredibles, Captain Hook and Smee, Sorceror Mickey, Mary Poppins, the evil queen from Snow White and Minnie. I don't have a lot of these pics either as they are mostly on my photopass.

I was still bummed about the animation class but there was one thing I was NOT going to miss at the Studios and that was the Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage.
This is my all time fav Disney movie and my fav princess has always been Belle.

It was such a great show. Always leaves a tear in my eye at the end......

After the show the sun was starting to go down and it was getting way to cold for me. The Osbourne Lights were supposed to start in 30 min but I just couldn't wait to go back to my warm hotel room. I decided to pass this up and head back to WL. Since I chose to read that afternoon and not nap I was in bed and asleep before 9 pm.

With the alarm set for another early morning ADR - this time at Tusker House in AK I was off to bed.

coming up in day 5....
Do I actually wake up early again and make to my ADR?
Do I finally get to meet Lilo and Stitch?
Will I ever get to the animation class?
How many parks will I cover in one day?

I'm so happy you decided to continue your report Princess Belle. I love your pictures and you are making me feel less nervous about my upcoming solo trip.:thumbsup2

Hi! I just found your TR and it's awesome so far!!!:goodvibes I'm glad you decided to start it up again, reading about other peoples Disney adventures helps me get my Disney fix!!! lol.. BTW, your castle pics are so pretty!!! What kind of camera do you use??

Hi! Great report and photos. You've got a real eye for photography. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading more.

I'm so happy you decided to continue your report Princess Belle. I love your pictures and you are making me feel less nervous about my upcoming solo trip.:thumbsup2

There is no need to be nervous your going to have a great trip!! Trust me you will be hooked after the first solo one!!

Hi! I just found your TR and it's awesome so far!!!:goodvibes I'm glad you decided to start it up again, reading about other peoples Disney adventures helps me get my Disney fix!!! lol.. BTW, your castle pics are so pretty!!! What kind of camera do you use??

Thank you so mucy...my camera is a canon rebel Xs ...it's new so this was really my first time using it

Thank you for continuing. Love your photos!

i've just found your trip report and i'm loving it, so glad you decided to carry on with it. i just love the photos of wishes thanks for sharing xx

Love the report & the photos are excellent - I also especially appreciate that you went to the character meals by yourself!

As someone taking a solo trip soon I really wanted to go to the Princess Breakfast @ Norway,(I had an excellent time reserved) but my sons told me it would be very weird for a middle aged woman to dine with the Princesses alone. Silly me. I canceled the ADR. :guilty:

Looking forward to more!:goodvibes

Ok everyone here we go! Sorry for the delay...

Today the alarm went off VERY early again as I had an ADR at Tusker House for 8 am. But today all the Mickey Bars in the world just couldn't get me out of bed. I was exhausted and not feeling too great Since I was on my own I made the executive decision to have another hour and a half in bed and miss TH. I didn't wake up until just after 7:45 am. I was feeling a bit better so I hopped out of bed and tried to get ready as quick as possible. I made it on the bus heading to AK by 8:25 am.

I have to say I had the best bus driver in the world. He was so chatty. He had the whole bus playing Disney trivia but the kind where first time visitors could learn all of our "veteran" secrets...like "where is the best sushi place in Disney World" etc. and once some people got tired of that we all sang "the wheels on the bus..." all the way to AK and he even had the horn going and the wipers at all the right parts in the song...it was a great time! Made the trip go by much faster.

I made it into AK just after rope drop. Again a very cold morning. I went to almost every store in AK looking for gloves but they were all sold out. Since I was only an hour late for my 8 am ADR I thought about popping by TH and asking if I could still get seated but decided against it. I didn't want other ppl's ADR to be pushed back because I wanted a seat after showing up an hour late just because I wanted some more sleep.

On the way to Kilimanjaro Safaris I saw Lilo and Stitch...and all alone! I LOVE this movie when I saw it for the first time this past summer and just HAD to meet Stitch....unfortunately all my lilo and stitch photos are on my photopass...and I couldnt afford to buy all the ones I wanted ....those were some of my favorite ones...

I grabbed a fast pass for the safari and headed over to ride Dinosaur. I really don't know why I still ride this one. I find it ridiculously loud. I almost have to keep my ears plugged the whole time....the dinosaur near the end ALWAYS scares the bejesus outta me. And this time I was sitting on the right side directly beside it ....There was a little girl riding with her mum and dad beside me and she did so good...until it was over. She was fine until we had to get out of the car and then she started crying and saying how scary it was...I think she was in shock.

After Dinosaur I found a great photo op with Goofy...again on the photopass...and then it was back over to EE to grab a FP (since enough time had elapsed since getting the first FP). I snagged some great photos today of EE...
IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

It was just about time for my ride on Kilimanjaro Safari so I headed back in that direction. I wish I would have taken more pictures of that one but it was so cold my fingers were numb from trying to take pictures. Plus being out in the savannah it was really cool and breezy....By the time that was over I was dying for a place to warm up and decided on a late breakfast/early lunch.

To use up another CS I decided on Pizzafari. The pizza here was excellent...and..no whole wheat!!! I was thrilled...and the strawberry cheesecake I had for dessert was actually pretty tasty.

After my early lunch I headed back to EE for my FP ride...I love this ride but today I was dreading it. I knew it was going to feel really cold but I couldn't go home without riding it.

After a freezing ride on EE I really wanted to spend some time indoors. I decided to head back to MGM studios to try my hand at the animation classes I couldn't get in to the day before.

I did get stopped by a photopass photog on my way out the park and took some nice pics with him and also took some with my own camera.

IMG_0894.jpg

And then I was on my way!

Coming up next...pics and info from my afternoon at MGM

Loving your report and photos - you're giving me lots of inspiration for my upcoming solo trip :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter