• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero to port?

jrl153

Earning My Ears
Booked on the 4 day next Feb 28 and thinking of staying at Vero beach the night before and driving up the next morning. Anyone done this? Tips etc..

We've done it a few times. It's an easy drive up A1A, maybe an hour or so.

Are you renting a car? We find it convenient to drop the car at the office near the port (we use Avis but there are others). The shuttles from the car rental office to the port can get crowded, and you may wait a while to catch one depending on time of day and traffic at the port. Try to be on the shuttle before 11am and you should be fine.

We did the opposite. We got off the ship and then drove to Vero and I was surprised at how quickly we got there. I have to say that staying at Vero after the cruise was a great idea! It gave us a chance to unwind, rest, sleep, relax and do laundry before heading back to California. It just seems so hard to get off the ship, and then have to travel to the airport and then get on a plane for 6 hours.

Enjoy!

We have done both - VB first and VB after. Love either one.! Love to see the ship when we cross over the bridge! However, this year we will be at VB first and then to the ship. It is between 1 and 1/2 hrs at the most. We like the A1A drive even if there is a multitude of stop lights. At least we see something and can be envious of the beach front homes!!

The other hint on the shuttle is to drop the family and luggage and then return the car. As always, it's easier to fit one person with no luggage on a shuttle than it is to fit an entire family with luggage.

We stayed at VB before the cruise because we thought it would be a shorter drive than coming from WDW. We were wrong but the drive wasn't too bad along A1A.

We went a couple of years ago in Feb. and it was pretty chilly at VB. I went in the pool even though the lifeguard was bundled up head to toe!

We have a cruise planned for Feb 21 this year and hope it will be warmer.

We loved Vero Beach so much, that we went down in June for a few days, looked at property & bot a condo, fully furnished, a 5 min walk to the beach! we leave thurs am to stay at beach club & then onto the magic . This trip was booked before we bot the condo, so will have to wait until nov -hopefully to go .

Thanks all for the advise, I booked the night before at Vero Beach. Can't wait for the drive up, plan on getting an early start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter