• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero to MK

katybug34

Goofy and Goofier
We will be staying at Vero for 8 nights. Is it a bad idea to plan three day trips to the water parks and theme parks? How long is the drive? Anyone do this when they stay at Vero?

We will be staying at Vero for 8 nights. Is it a bad idea to plan three day trips to the water parks and theme parks? How long is the drive? Anyone do this when they stay at Vero?

It's about 1 1/2 to 2 hours each way. I went to Orlando and DTD once when I stayed at Vero in May. It was a VERY long drive at the end of the night.

I think you would be wasting all your Vero time driving back and forth in the car. Even going over 192, you're still talking about 1.5 hours each way.

My brother-in-law did it 3 times over a 7 day period this past Spring Break. His boys 14 & 15 were relatively bored by Vero and the beach so they went to WDW doing a WP, a Park Day and I beleive a Cirq Show. He is one of those that never minds the drive so the 1.5 hours there and back was not a big deal. His boys didn't mind either. I think it just depends on what kind of "car people" you have. Myself I hate driving too long so this sounds like torture, but for others it may work out just fine. Good luck.

if you go via the 192 its about 1.5 hours, wouldnt fancy driving up early in the morning spending all day in a park then driving all the way back to vero at night.

I wouldn't do all of those day trips back and forth. Why not just stay at WDW for 2 or 3 nights and then go to Vero for the rest of the trip?

All of that driving (at least 3 hours a day -and maybe more- round trip) doesn't sounds like a vacation for me.

It really is a long drive, especially after a long day at the parks. Splitting the trip between WDW and Vero is a better way to do it. We're actually doing that later this month.

I would do a split stay....which we do almost every stay. We go to Vero to relax.....driving to and from WDW is not relaxing. Hate the drive...traffic is crazy.

It's a long drive and will take an hour and half each way, but if you are up for a road trip, I say go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter