Vero Beach???

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
:flower1:
Has anyone ever stayed at Vero Beach? We have already booked the MYW+ (dining, park hopper) for Aug 21-28 at POFR and we thinking about adding two nights at Vero Beach (at beginning or end )but can't find any info on this resort? Cost? Is it worth it? Would just like to spend a little time at the beach. What are the "beaches" at the other resorts.
Any thoughts????

I would suggest that you check out the DIS DVC board for Vero info. We are DVC members (VWL is our home resort) and stayed at VB for 5 nights in a 2 BR in July 2003. It is a VERY relaxing resort with as little or as much as you want to do. Our DS (who was 13 at the time) brought his best friend along and we had friends and their 2 daughters stay with us too. We had rental cars so we could explore and check out local restaurants (Capt. Hiram's was great - good food at great prices, sitting outside on the deck watching the boats go by while eating dinner was incredible!!) and other attractions (Mel Fisher's treasure museum, Hale Groves - wonderful fresh orange juice). My husband and our friend found a great place in Ft. Pierce to get oysters (and a little beer too!). There are lots of organized things for the kids to do at VB. My DS and his friend had a great time with the boogy boards that we bought. They spent hours and hours in the ocean boogy boarding. I can't wait to plan another VB trip.

I could be wrong, but didn't Vero Beach get damaged in one of the Hurricanes last summer and is temporarily closed? I could be confusing it with another resort, though.

There was actually a recent thread about Vero Beach on here, if you do a search for it. We stayed 2 nights there in May after our WDW trip and LOVED IT. The resort is gorgeous and relaxing. Highly recommend it! I would DEF do it on the end of your trip, it will relax you before heading home =0

Disney's Vero Beach Resort was in the path of one of the hufficanes, but has re-opened. It was closed for a while due to damage, but I thinkopened in November. You could check back on the DVC Boards, but someone recently posted that the resort is in great shape, however, the rest of the area didn't fare as well.
:boat: Some of the restauraants are closed, some walkways are gone. Disney was able to get VB back up and running much quicker than others. We have points there and are making our first trip "home" in March. We bought 2 small contracts, sight unseen. :Pinkbounc :jumping3:

golfgal said:
I could be wrong, but didn't Vero Beach get damaged in one of the Hurricanes last summer and is temporarily closed? I could be confusing it with another resort, though.
Yes it did get damaged by the Hurricanes, direct hits from both Frances and Jeanne. However, it reopened in November. The major damage was to neighbouring properties, but VB did not escape unscathed. They had to redo a number of the ocean view units, replace the floor in the lobby and re do the restaurants (tho they look remarkably similar to pre-hurricane). The most noticable difference is the vegetation, which looks like some large devine hand came down and stripped the leaves off the palms (tho they are growing back) and the beach, which is a bit further inland than before (wiping out the old ramp and the old campfire space.

We were there last week, and all the magic was still there! We enjoyed the great pool, the shuffleboard and minigolf, nearly all the kids activities and both restaurants. Since the ramp has not yet been rebuilt and our DS is wheelchair bound, we did not make it down to the beach. We did do campfire most nights we were there, and as always it was great fun. We also did both Hale Groves and Cap'n Hirams (which just reopened a couple of weeks back). And we are looking forward to returning next MLK weekend, and will hope for better weather then. Rates in low low season like January are about $180 for ocean view Inn room (worth it) and maybe $140 for standard view. I think ocean view goes up to maybe $250 in the spring. I'll check my records tomorrow (I have a spreadsheet). For the weeknights, it is usually a better deal to rent using DVC points while the weekend nights are a better deal for cash.

I highly recommend VB. Enjoy!

Vero is awesome! If you are just going for two days there is enough right there at the resort to keep you busy. You can lay on the beach, swim in the pool (awesome water slide) participate in some of the resort activities (bingo, boche, pool slide races side walk chalk and more). There is mini golf, bike rentals, you can check out videos in the small gift shop.. some nights there is a campfire with smores.

The resort was damaged during the hurricanes, but Disney has brought it back to it's wonderful shape. I think there is still some beach erosion that hasn't been fixed, but if you didn't see the way it was before you probably wouldn't even notice it.

The ocean view inn rooms are wonderful. Ask for one of the upper floors. Take some coffee out there in the morning and watch the sun rise... heaven!

We spent 7 nights at WDW followed by 3 nights at Disney's Vero Beach resort in mid November. The resort had just reopened from the hurricane damage. Aside from a slight "fresh paint" smell, our room was great. I agree with the other poster, get an ocean view room and enjoy it. My children really enjoyed the pirate ship sprayground, the nightly movies and campfire.

As promised, I looked thru the stuff and got the VB rack rates for you for mid-summer. They are as follows, with comments:

Studio or Std view Inn room: $195 ($217 after tax)
Ocean View Inn room: $225 ($251 after tax) - very nice views
1 Bedroom unit: $285 ($318 after tax) Luxurious space
2 Bedroom unit: $390 ($435 after tax) extra room for family
Beach Cottage (3BR): $815 ($909 after tax) near impossible to get

Note that the 1BR, 2BR and BC units all have full kitchen and in unit laundry - very convenient. Inn rooms and studios have access to free laundry on the 4th floor of the Inn building. Also note that on weeknights, the Inn rooms and studios are a much better deal on DVC points, like $100 for garden view Inn rooms and $120 for ocean view Inn rooms or studios; but weekends it's always best to pay cash.

I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter