• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach

#1DopeyFan

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but I didn't really see anywhere else.

We're heading to WDW at the end of May and thought about heading over to the beach for a day before heading home. I was looking at Disney's Vero Beach & was looking for a bit of info from anyone who's been there. :teeth:

Is it worth staying there for just one night?

All I can find is one character breakfast on Sat. only, are there characters around anywhere else?

Any info at all would be appreciated....THANKS!!!

We have been to Disney's Vero Beach two times and loved it both times. The ocean is beautiful and very clean/maintained. You wont see any litter on their beaches...just beautiful landscape. The pool is fun there too with pool games run by the hotel. They have a bonfire on certain nights and sing songs/cook marshmallows by the beach. I would stay two nights if you could. We have stayed in both a two bedroom suite and a studio room. Both were nice. Have fun! You can do Kennedy Space Center on the way there.

We have been to Vero Beach and stayed in a studio. It was very relaxing. There are no characters to my knowledge. Just DH and I went and we had an enjoyable weekend but there is not a whole lot going on. It's a very nice beach resort but imho very laid back. We are on the hyper side and were looking for a bit more to do. I will say the hi-light of this trip was a tour where they took you down to the beach at night to watch a mother sea turtle come in to nest and lay eggs. Very cool! I will caution you that it was a lottery that they held in the lobby and you put your room key in a hat. You only got to go if your key was drawn from the hat so not everyone is guaranteed a spot on the tour.
I would say it's definately worth going over for a day or two, any longer and you may get antsy to do something more. If you're looking for a place to relax and enjoy the pool and the oceanside, then this is it!

Our family LOVED Vero Beach. We stayed as DVC Members in a one bedroom unit and had a great and relaxing long weekend. I have a photo tour here: Vero Beach Photo Tour

In regards to characters I believe that on Saturday they have Max, Goofy's son, for breakfeast. It's a great resort made for relaxing.

THANX so much everyone...all the pics really helped too, I love "seeing" everything. We might just have to sneak over there one night!!! ;) :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter