Vero beach

DVC SSR Owner

DIS Veteran
We are at Vero Beach inn right now. Here are some things I like and dislike about it.

The inn rooms are nice and updated except for the bathroom. It has nasty pink tile. Several of the tiles are broken and have missing grout or black mold. Gross!

We got a solid wall balcony. Why did Dvc put those in? It is very tiny and we have to stand up to see the ocean.

The tv is the tiniest tv I have ever seen in a hotel.

My son loves the pool and the water slide. The pool was a great temp, but not much shade around the pool.

We got some food at shutters which was better than expected, but $35 for 3 lunches is pricey.

The elevator door shut on my son's foot creating an open bleeding gash in his foot. So watch out for the elevator! Security said that shouldn't happen. Well duh! But it did!

The weather is gorgeous and so is the beach! But, the pool is very crowded!

You have to use a key to get into everything which is kind of a pain.

Overall, we would probably come back, but have stayed at lots of places just as nice or nicer. Do like the understated Disney feel though!

My husband was a little disappointed. We stayed at the Don Cesar resort on our last visit which is more upscale. He was expecting it to be like that.

VB's pool is always so crowded! The first time we went, I just couldn't get over the fact that there was no other pool! I don't like the solid balconies either, but still, VB is on our "favorite" list! The TIW card is good at Shutters, if you have one.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Bobbi

I've been to many beach resorts and the pool area is always packed, the beach is where you go to get some quiet.

Though I did notice during our trip over spring break more people on the beach than usual(watching from the deck on the Beach Cottage:goodvibes).

We've always had spotless rooms at VB, but then again we've stay in a 2br or bigger. VB is rather stingy on dishwasher soap I've noticed.

But I do think VB Inn rooms/villas do take a beating, especially during spring break time. We had to wait once until 6pm to get a room, all that checked out on Saturday were a mess!

The room we did get just had the carpet cleaned, and we all know DVC doesn't clean schedule carpet cleaning Easter week if it isn't necessary.

We were there last week and loved it. The pool did not seem crowded at all. I asked the occupancy rate and was told 93%--I would have guessed 50.
I wish the pool had a deeper section. We never had a problem getting a chair and had read here it could be a problem.
I agree always needing a key was weird but I guess it works to keep non guests out.

I was also there last week and the pool was not crowded at all. We easily got a table or chairs whenever we wanted. However, as we were checking out Saturday evening, we noticed it getting more crowded, probably due to the holiday weekend. We talked to some CM who said that from now thru summer, it will be extremely crowded at Vero Beach.

We came in on Saturday! Tonight is our last night then headed over to beach club villas! Very excited about that first visit!

Sorry about your sons foot!
I was at VB for a week starting mothers day last year and have a wonderful time in my inn room. The wall was not solid but it was difficult to see the ocean from the 2nd floor. I was lucky I was right over the lawn and the hedge was low there.
The pool was never crowded at all. Have fun the rest of your trip!

Last time we stayed there I never found the pool to be too crowded, but agree the bathroom needed a little tender care.

We ate at squid lips last night for dinner in sebastian on the water. The ambiance was great, but the food was just average. We decided that next time we come back to vb we will get a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen because every food place is such a drive and we need more space! The pizza place next door, orhard island pizza was very good! You can easily walk there or they deliver after 4 for $1. I would give our stay an 8 out of 10 due to injury, but my son is ok now.

I'm at Vero now. The reason it was crowded was because it was Memorial Day weekend. Sunday and Monday were busy but the pool was only about 50% capacity the past couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter