Vero Beach

grodz19

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any favorite eateries in Vero Beach? Not tourist traps, place the locals go. Casual, seafood preferred.

Jeff

44 to go.....

Squid Lips & Captain Hirams in Sebastian
Mulligans - a new one in Sebastian and one in Vero itself
Riverside Cafe in Vero - at Riverside Park right under the bridge where 60 crosses the Indian River.

All are on the water (Indian River), which is one of our "must haves" when we are at the beach.

Many people love Ocean Grill in Vero - we, not so much, but that is just us.

The Seafood Buffet at Shutters on Thursday nights is great too.

DH & I will be at Vero for the first week of May. I did not know that Shutters had a seafood buffet on Thurs. nights. Do you know the cost? We may have to try this out.

Ocean Grill had the best crab cakes I have ever had in my life!! Yummy, but a little more pricey.

How is the food at the resort? Shutters? When is the seafood buffett?

Seafood Buffet is on Thursday nights. The food at the Shutters and Sonya's is okay, but a bit on the pricey side. I generally like to eat at Bleachers by the pool for lunch, and go out for dinner.

There are several restaurants in Sebastian and Vero Beach (for those that are unaware, you are just as close to Sebastian as to Vero when staying there) that are listed on Restaurant.com (April 5-10, the 70% off at check-out PROMO Code is: PLATE) I know that Capt. Hiram's is listed, as is Mo-Bay Grill in Sebastian, and Riverside Cafe in Vero. There are several others, but these come to mind, since I've recently purchased a few.

i.e. You can purchase a $25 gift certificate for about $10-$20, so with the Promo Code, it would be $3-$6. These would require a minimum $35 purchase at the restaurant, plus an automatic 18% tip on the entire purchase (I usually leave about 18% anyway, so it saves me the time of figuring it up). On every certificate I've purchased, there is no expiration date, however you are limited to using only one certificate, per restaurant, per month, so you probably shouldn't get more than 1 for each restaurant that you are interested in for your visit. I'm not sure if it means calendar month or 30 days (You may possibly be allowed to use one at the end of one month and then again at the beginning of the next--not sure). We ate at Riverside Cafe last month and saw country singer, Jake Owen (born in Vero Beach) there. Capt. Hirams has a sand bar, with inside and outside seating along the Indian River. I haven't been to Mo-Bay Grill yet, but it is highly rated, #3 in Sebastian on Trip Advisor, and 4-star in Florida Today, so I have high hopes.

Also, as OKWJan pointed out, there is a new Mulligan's in Sebastian along the river, and one in Vero at the ocean. They are not on Restaurant.com.

Hope this helps someone save some $$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter