• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach wants me to switch from 1br to 2 Garden View Inn rooms

rascalsmommy

Earning My Ears
So, due to the resort construction, Vero Beach just called and wants my family of 5 (dd13, dd10, dd8) to change from a 1br to 2 Garden View Inn rooms during our trip in April. They are offering $100 per room, per night compensation - probably because we will lose the kitchen if we move. They cannot guarantee connecting rooms, which means my husband and I may have to stay in sleep in separate rooms with our young kids. I'm not sure what to think about it. Does anyone have any experience with this? This is our first stay at Vero Beach, so I'm not sure what the full impact might be. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

I would force them to guarantee the connecting rooms or don't do it. They cannot expect you to be away from younger children or to sleep away from your spouse. This seems a little unreasonable.
Good luck

Wrong thread, sorry
THANKS
Judy

Last edited:
I would make them guarantee connecting rooms.

Last year we stayed in the inn rooms, it was nice in that it was 2 real beds. We had connecting rooms with my FIL.

This year we had a studio. FIL had a 2 bedroom. We were one room away.

If they can make sure you have a connecting room, it will be great. Not sure if not connecting.

I would only consider this if they guaranteed connecting rooms.

And, if the kitchen were a major part of your budget, which it would be at Vero for many, $100 would not cover food for 5 of my family at Vero for 1 day. Now, if by per room, they mean you are getting $200 per night total, that would be enough.

The plus would be 4 beds and 2 full baths. I actually love staying in the main building there. You would also find the 2 rooms fairly spacious.

The inn rooms have ocean views where the villas are blocked by greenery. We were in a 2BR on the top floor and could not see the beach AT ALL but could see the ocean when standing close to the railing and on our tippy toes. I would actually prefer the 2 inn rooms to a 1BR. Nevermind...I see they are offering garden view and not ocean view.

I would only consider this if they guaranteed connecting rooms.

And, if the kitchen were a major part of your budget, which it would be at Vero for many, $100 would not cover food for 5 of my family at Vero for 1 day. Now, if by per room, they mean you are getting $200 per night total, that would be enough.

The plus would be 4 beds and 2 full baths. I actually love staying in the main building there. You would also find the 2 rooms fairly spacious.
$100 Per room would be nice and connecting rooms!:thumbsup2 Interesting.. We have a 1BR booked for May, will be interesting to see if we get a phone call on the offer.:confused3:scratchin

I am going to agree with previous posters. Having stayed in a 1 bedroom and in the Inn, $100/day would not cover change of not having a full kitchen, living room, hot tub, full table on patio, and washer/dryer IN room. If they can't honor what you booked, they need to compensate better - $100 would not be enough for the change in amenities for me esp. for a party of 5!

So, due to the resort construction, Vero Beach just called and wants my family of 5 (dd13, dd10, dd8) to change from a 1br to 2 Garden View Inn rooms during our trip in April. They are offering $100 per room, per night compensation - probably because we will lose the kitchen if we move. They cannot guarantee connecting rooms, which means my husband and I may have to stay in sleep in separate rooms with our young kids. I'm not sure what to think about it. Does anyone have any experience with this? This is our first stay at Vero Beach, so I'm not sure what the full impact might be. I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
You mentioned April...If early April, I am wondering if the offer was also motivated upon Easter week/spring vacation demand spilling into the first week or so of April in addition to renovation?:confused3 Interested to hear how this worked out for you! :goodvibes:wave:

This happened to us too. We are staying over Easter, and I have three reservations (all on cash) because I could initially only book Friday-Monday. And then Thursday opened up. And then Weds. opened up. The only night they asked us to move was Weds. It's interesting, however, that they're automatically offering you credit because I had to ask for ours based upon us not having access to a kitchen. I almost declined moving, but she pretty much told me that it was either move or have the reservation canceled because no 1-bed room would be available for that night, so I agreed to the switch. If they come back and say that other nights are going to be affected, I may see if they can move me to Disney instead or let me use the nights at Hilton Head this summer.

This happened to our family as well. We had a 1BD booked at Vero Beach for 4 nights beginning April 19th. We received a call that due to construction Disney needed to move us to a different room. We were given a choice between 2 Inn rooms + $100/night per room OR they could move us to Orlando and would give us complementary Park Hopper tickets each day. We picked the Orlando option, and they upgraded us to a 2BD room at Boardwalk too! We were looking forward to our stay at Vero, but this was a nice consolation prize . . .

I'd likely take it at $100 PER ROOM and take my chances on the connecting rooms in this situation.

I am going to agree with previous posters. Having stayed in a 1 bedroom and in the Inn, $100/day would not cover change of not having a full kitchen, living room, hot tub, full table on patio, and washer/dryer IN room. If they can't honor what you booked, they need to compensate better - $100 would not be enough for the change in amenities for me esp. for a party of 5!
It was posted as $100 per room per day so $200.

The main reason I'm posting is that this illustrates some issues with timeshares and actually hotels/resorts as well. There is always the chance of later changes or unplanned issues that might mean they don't have a room at all or what was planned & reserved. Or that certain amenities might be offline and there might be construction. The risk is higher with timeshares and it's really part of the deal we sign up for when we commit. Other than some minor inconsistency as reported, it does sound like DVC is handling this situation better than they historically have. I hope it's a trend and they've learned from some of their past mistakes. Unfortunately the VWL issue is too recent to make me overly hopeful.

This happened to our family as well. We had a 1BD booked at Vero Beach for 4 nights beginning April 19th. We received a call that due to construction Disney needed to move us to a different room. We were given a choice between 2 Inn rooms + $100/night per room OR they could move us to Orlando and would give us complementary Park Hopper tickets each day. We picked the Orlando option, and they upgraded us to a 2BD room at Boardwalk too! We were looking forward to our stay at Vero, but this was a nice consolation prize . . .
I think that this a quite a generous offer!::yes:: Maybe you'll do Vero next vaca! Enjoy your BWV stay!:thumbsup2

Darn, I wish I would have asked for that instead! The only reason we didn't ask to move to Orlando is because our kids would not have active APs, and if we would get them new ones, they would have been blocked out.

Still not worth it to me for the reasons I listed. There is something to be said for the kitchen and non hotel feel of the villa for me.
I understand, it would be for some and not for others. You're giving up the possibility of a view, kitchen, tub and space. But you're gaining the financials and more beds. I would think for many at VB this would be great but for some, not great. But while I don't know, I got the impression they might have to cancel reservations if some couldn't be worked out. I'm sure some would react "not me, no way" but the reality is there's no way to prevent them from doing so and if they don't have the room they don't have the room just like those who were relocated from AKV concierge to SSR or from BWV BW view to other options. Members would not have the footing to draw a hard line in the sand and that's absolute.

If the renovations are beginning in the Inn, why would they be offering to "shift" guests from the Villas to the Inn?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter