vero beach resort

momoriarty

Earning My Ears
I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old. We are thinking of going to Disney's vero beach resort the week before Easter. Has anyone gone there? Is there enough for the kids to do to keep us all entertained?
Carol

We went a few years ago and enjoyed ourselves very much. We're going again on Xmas day. If you go over to www.mouseplanet.com, there are two very good articles by Sue Holland, one on the resort and another on the activities.

I went to VB in August '01, and I have (3) girls, age 7,5,3 and all of them "LOVED" it. The pool is beautiful and has a huge slide that the children never wanted to leave. Behind the pool they have a mini-pirate ship that sprays water all over the place. The kids can go on the ship and get wet. There is also a minature golf course, bike riding and community hall where they have children's activities all day. On Tuesday and Thursday nights they have a campfire, where everybody sits around the campfire and sings songs and then make smoores, the kids loved it. The restaurants in the resort are good, the kids loved the Mickey Mouse shaped raviolies. One night was one of my daughter's birthday and the waitress called a special number on the phone and Goofy was on the other side saying and singing Happy Birthday to her, she was AMAZED.

VB is a very nice resort and definitely plan on returning soon.

Sign up for the drawing of names for the turtle walk. It is a ranger guided program that will allow you to see 200 to 300 lb endangered sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach. Program last from about 9pm to 11pm in the evening. Ask at the main desk about the location of the program. It starts from the resort.

VB is great plenty to do right there at the resort, but if you want to get away for a while to eat some where else or see the town nice mall with nice amc theatre their as well, we loved it, cmatt

ps dont forget to book the character breakfast ,, with Goofy, and Max its great

You should have a great time there. We were there for a weekend in June and my kids had a lot of fun. We could not get them out of the ocean and the pool. We took a walk across the street and walked around the lake and feed the fish and walked throughout the 100 Acre Wood. There is a campfire with songs and smores every night. (Watch out for the no-see-ums; I got 40 bites on my legs on that weekend)

The turtle watch was only on certain days of the week and certain times in the year; we were disappointed that we could not get into one of the watches but the days we were there, they were not offered.

They have a lot of activities scheduled for kids; check out the literature upon check in for times and activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter