Vero Beach Questions

Gizmo1951

DIS Veteran
My grand daughter will be at VB for her honeymoon in June and since I have not stayed there yet I was hoping I could get them some answers

How far is VB from MCO Airport and what is best route , how many tolls and how much change they will need

Also can Disney Gift card be used at the resort
Thanks

Last edited:

You should be able to use gift cards at the resort. I recommend giving them a call just to be safe. Pro Tip: They serve dole whip at Vero Beach. if they want to save a little money tell them to stop off and pick up some cheap beach chairs or umbrellas if they want from a wal-mart or souvenir shop. This way they won't have to rent them from the resort. Also, if they want to do any character breakfasts or anything, they should make a reservation when they check in. Also, the green Cabin room is a great place to grab a quick lunch or a drink, especially if seated on the outdoor balcony overlooking the beach.

Staying at Vero right now in a 1br and really enjoying it. Yes gift cards are fine, the beach chairs and not overpriced, but you can pick some up locally and save money. It is about 15 mins. to publix and 20 to walmart, the resort is somewhat isolated in that regard. Quite a few good restaurants within 20 mins and the onsite restaurant is quite good. The Sunday seafood brunch is very good and worth doing with great options.

You should be able to use gift cards at the resort. I recommend giving them a call just to be safe. Pro Tip: They serve dole whip at Vero Beach. if they want to save a little money tell them to stop off and pick up some cheap beach chairs or umbrellas if they want from a wal-mart or souvenir shop. This way they won't have to rent them from the resort. Also, if they want to do any character breakfasts or anything, they should make a reservation when they check in. Also, the green Cabin room is a great place to grab a quick lunch or a drink, especially if seated on the outdoor balcony overlooking the beach.[/QUO
Thank You and I will be sure to tell them about the dole whips They will be there on a Monday thru Saturday do they have the character breakfast on any of those days?

Staying at Vero right now in a 1br and really enjoying it. Yes gift cards are fine, the beach chairs and not overpriced, but you can pick some up locally and save money. It is about 15 mins. to publix and 20 to walmart, the resort is somewhat isolated in that regard. Quite a few good restaurants within 20 mins and the onsite restaurant is quite good. The Sunday seafood brunch is very good and worth doing with great options.
Thanks They will be leaving Saturday so will miss the Brunch

Have another question They now are planning a day to Disney to spend at one of the parks Does anyone happen to know what the tolls would be from Vero to Disney
Also they are at a Disney Resort but not Disneyworld resort so their parking would be $17.00 right
Thanks

If they want a character meal the Monday night Pirate themed dinner with Goofy & Donald was there last week. I've seen were it says that the character dinner is Memorial Day - Labor Day but the paper I received when checking in says it started back up in March and I actually saw it happening while walking by the restaurant on our way to the campfire.

Is Orlando airport the best option for Vero? Never been there, so just curious.
Orlando will offer the most options, closest and probably be least expensive. If using Delta, Daytona Beach would be an option, as it's 100 miles north and no tolls to Vero. West Palm Beach is the largest airport south, 75 miles away and tolls would be required. Plenty of choices, but MCO would be best.

We fly Delta into Melbourne (MLB) - have to connect in Atlanta, but so convenient. It's a small airport, low stress, etc., and about 40 miles to Vero

We flew Southwest into Ft. Lauderdale. It was a 2hr drive but the flight was about $35 cheaper each way and I was able to get a minivan for $197 so the cost difference out weighted the extra 30min drive time.

Shutters has a character breakfast with Donald and Goofy on Saturdays. It's served family style, all you can eat. It's pretty good. If they can get a table on the porch it's not as noisy as the main dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter