Vero Beach pool question........

laura6598

Earning My Ears
Hello, we're headed to Vero this Saturday:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc and I was wondering if you can bring round tube rings into the pool. Also, what about rafts in the pool? Is the ocean too rough for rings and rafts??? Thanks, I am soooo excited!! 33 hours and counting!!!!

Laura

All we seen in the pool when we were there last week were noodles and small child life preservers,both provided by the resort. I really doubt anything else is allowed in the pool.

I would be respectful of the ocean at Vero. I don't think rings and rafts are the best idea. I'd certainly go down to the public beach (where there are lifeguards) if you plan to use them.

Originally posted by PamOKW
I would be respectful of the ocean at Vero. I don't think rings and rafts are the best idea. I'd certainly go down to the public beach (where there are lifeguards) if you plan to use them.

Very Good Advice

laura6598, Have a great time at VB!

thanks
jaysue

They also rent boogie boards which are fun for the older kids at the ocean. Enjoy your vero stay we just got back from a combo SSR/Vero trip a few weeks ago and had a blast!

Thanks everyone, I guess we'll be renting boogie boards for the ocean and noodles for the pool (however, I believe that once the girls take note of the slide there will probably be no need for the noodles!!) I was kind of wondering myself about the whole ocean thing, and I guess it would be dangerous if they flipped off below the rings in the ocean. Yikes, now that I'm typing it, it would be really SCARY!! Thanks again, and I will definately have a great time!!!:hyper:

Laura

The ocean also has rip currents. I would be concerned that they might be pulled out too far into the ocean for their swimming abilities. Be mindful if you see any small bait fish swimming close to the shore. These are sometimes followed by larger predatory fish (i.e., sharks). The lifeguard station will have postings as to conditions. Disney also has a board along the boardwalk to the ocean posting the days conditions.

Have a wonderful time at Vero! Don't forget to give us your impressions when you return.

Just a note:

We love the noodles. Even I used them-we just like to "float" around the pool for hours.

They have them in the gift shop at the resort for $4. We bought ours at Publics for $1.99. We bought 4 and used every one of them. We drove, so we brought them home with us. Had we flown, we probably would have just given them to some other kids the day we left.

The ocean is awesome and we saw many sea turtles last time we were there. We even got to see a sea turtle rescue.

You should be able to tell if conditions are prime for sharks. Just be respectful of the ocean and you should be okay.

Have fun. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter