• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Owners

tonyboy

Earning My Ears
Hi all...my wife and I are taking the plunge and buying into VB. I'd love to hear the experiences, both good and bad. Thanks,Tony

Several years ago we had the opportunity to visit Vero Beach. The accomodations were good. However, we didn't like the beach area. We like the west coast beaches of Florida and specifically the Sarosota area. We have no intention of returning to Vero Beach. One of my co-workers love the Vero Beach area and returns every year. I guess we all have different taste. Good luck in your new home! Enjoy! ;)

we are heading back to vb in may, we love vero. It is the most relaxing of all the resorts. The pool area is great, the beach seems very quiet and private, the restaurants seemed very good (we loved the chicken caesar salad). Our ds who is now 5 years old loves to play the miniature golf, he can still tell which holes he got hole in ones on when he was three. If you are looking to relax and not worry about crowds at parks or busses this is the place to be!!!

VB is a great resort. the grounds are beautiful, the beach is quiet and secluded, though it is a public beach (however, there are no buildings, or anything, for that matter, for a long distance on either side, so it is a defacto private beach) the pool is big, with a nice spiral water slide. Across A1A, accessible by a tunnel is a lake, with a nature trail, tennis courts, volleyball etc. I am going in May and can't wait. If you like beach resorts, it is a great one!

We live on the west coast of Florida (Tampa area) and love going to Vero Beach. I like the Atlantic side the best - mouch more vibrant with more sea life and wave action. Sarasota is a beautiful area, too, but sometimes the Gulf seems like just a big hot lake (around July-August). You will love Vero Beach and the pool and the resort!

Vero is very relaxing and quiet. When you are out at night walking along the secluded paths, and you hear the roaring of the ocean, it is wonderful. Usually, you are allowed to swim in the pool very late at night, my 2 year old son and I were swimming at 1:00am one night, having a wonderful time. The campfire sing along is wonderful, my son was singing one of thier songs just today. There are games and activities for kids, the unbirthday party was a blast for the kids. The kids play ship entertains the kids for hours. The lounge has live entertainment at night and milkshakes for the kids. They also have checkers and candyland games for the kids to play while listening to the music. At Christmas, the place was decorated wonderfully, and there were singers in the lobby at different times, singing christmas songs.

There is a little shop next to the resort that has icecream, you can walk down the beach to the icecream store.

I'm told the outlet mall is great, although that's not really my thing. Haven't done the bike thing, but it looks like fun. Beach isn't that wide, but it is not crowded, it is great to walk along. Even though it is more narrow, it is still very nice, clean, and cabannas and beach chairs are available. Actually, we hit Wal Mart and buy a couple of beach chiars for the week, and end up giving them away at the end of the trip. Only about $10 each.

DJs are fun. Food very good. Views of the beach are restricted. But at night, you can walk out on the wooden beach ramp and look at the ocean. Very nice theming throughout the resort. Nice to be able to park in a garage so the car isn't in the burning heat. The little store is very nice, with many items that are useful, including alcohol if desired. We picked up a nice breakfast there for Christmas morning. Several beach toys.

A bad item, noseeums. Little bugs are a pain during the months they are out. Good bug spray takes care of the problem.

Exercise room is wonderful. Renting videos is nice. Can't remember the charge, if there was even one.

Driving north, there is a beg aquestrian (sp?) farm, not sure what that is all about or what it takes to ride horses there. Nice area to drive along A1A, there is some neat stuff to explore.

And of course, if the seven month window works, you can also trade into WDW once and a while.

Captain Midnight that's not just an equestrian farm. It's our neighbors the Windsor Golf & Polo Club. It's a residential community. Sort of a Celebration for multi-millionaires.

Meet The Neighbors

Our first trip as DVC owners was last December, and we preceded our WDW stay with 2 nights at VB. We actually did it because we have family that recently moved to VB. We loved it. We had a 1 BR on the 3rd floor with a great ocean view. The resort is gorgeous and it was incredibly relaxing. We spent one afternoon at the resort and swam, did cel painting, and played mini-golf. That night we went to the campfire. We enjoyed it as much as our 7 and 10 year old nieces. They actually sent us room service breakfast one morning and it was great, also. We were just discussing going back for 3 nights on our next trip down earlier this evening. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter