Vero Beach Newbie - Ideas???

ro80

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone - we are a family of 5 heading to Vero Beach for the first time in April. Looking for ideas of different things to do during the day. Our kids are in their mid-20's so they will be looking for night-life things to do as well as golfing during the day and whatever else you can come up with. And maybe some off-site restaurants as well. Thanks in advance!!

Our favorite dinner place was Ocean Grill. We want for an early dinner timed to spend most of our meal in the light as the view is spectacular. The food was also outstanding. They take reservations for 5 or more.

The resort has lots of things to do. Check the schedule when you arrive or see if you can get it in advance. We didn't pay attention to night life when we went. We went to the pool and beach, did some craft projects and did mini golf and biking.

Hi everyone - we are a family of 5 heading to Vero Beach for the first time in April. Looking for ideas of different things to do during the day. Our kids are in their mid-20's so they will be looking for night-life things to do as well as golfing during the day and whatever else you can come up with. And maybe some off-site restaurants as well. Thanks in advance!!

During the day my favorite activities are
Catching some rays on the beach
Catching some rays by the pool
Swimming in the ocean (surf conditions permitting)

That is what Vero is all about for me, lol.
There are many public and private golf courses within a short drive of the resort but I'm not a golfer so I really don't know anything about them.
As far as other daytime activities, the resort has a kayaking excursion offered a couple times a week that makes for a lovely few hours out on the Indian River lagoon. You could also do a boat tour to look for dolphins, manatees and other wildlife or even charter a boat for some fishing in the Indian River Lagoon or out on the ocean. The resort has bicycles to rent so that is another option.

For nightlife, well, to be honest the choices are pretty limited. Captain Hiram's is the best bet and they normally have live music most nights out at the Sand Bar on the Grand Sand BandStand stage. We've gone there a few times to see a favorite local band and the food is basic but tasty and the drinks are well poured. It probably depends on the band, but it was a fun, slightly laid back environment. Another option from one of the guys I've gotten to know is Waldo's at the Driftwood in Vero Beach proper. We unfortunately didn't get to check it out because they were closed the night we tried to go there but they do seem to have entertainment and the like in the evenings. The restaurant and bar at Gloria Estefan's hotel also has some sort of entertainment but I think that is only on weekends.

We took a marsh boat tour a little west of Vero. Maybe a 45 minute drive? There are several marsh boat tour companies. Saw a lot of alligators.

We also drove to Fort Pierce and toured the Navy Seal Museum. DH is a history freak, so he loved that. There is also an excellent seafood restaurant in Fort Pierce called 12A Buoy. It's not fancy, just a local joint, but the food was excellent.

We did a charter fishing trip on the Indian River, with Captain Charlie. The concierge at Vero has his info, but we booked ahead of time. We had a great time and even when I wasn't fishing it was nice to relax and just enjoy the scenery.

Not much nightlife in the Vero area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter