VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

@lee Mathews..we have been to Vero mid Aug and late Aug and were lucky enough to not hit hurricane. It’s anyone’s guess to weather as to potential hurricane during hurricane season. Personally would do as late in Aug as possible versus July..Southern schools are usually back by mid August..will be a lot less crowded then😊Enjoy!

Can I ask what Vero Beach is like to visit mid-late august time? Does it tend to be hurricane weather to expect?

we are doing 14 nights at WDW late July, early august and are thinking of doing Vero either before or after our trip out there?

mid-late August is our preferred time! Last time we were there, 2019, there was a hurricane coming, so the ocean was a bit rough, but it did not make landfall until a few days after we left. We have been going to VB that time of year for about 5 years now and love it. We will be there in just over a month.

Thanks for your replies.

In't it August when they do the turtles races on the beach? We really want to see that stuff when we are there

We recently spent 9 nights at OKW and 5 nights at Vero. We thought it was perfect. We are trying to do this yearly/winter/spring. We are doing the same next March 2022. We are booked 10 nights at OKW and hoping to get in Vero for 5-6 nights again. We meet our friends - they have a second home there. Go out on the boat one day. Stay at the beach or pool in the mornings and dinner at a different place in the evening.

What time of your are you going? Kids/ages? I think this is as close to snow birding as we will get - about three weeks. We might start alternating other locations in addition to WDW.
I wish we could stay that long! it will be May 2022. My son is 4. Any recommendations on activities for the kid?

This is a nice water play area for little ones @antib - of course it's sideways (technically challenged here).

We are empty nesters - there is an activity sheet each week - we did not really pay attention to it. I have the sheet - Community Hall Crafts - Tot Craft - Ages 5 and under - Complimentary/offered daily - Movies - Frozen when we were there, Campfires. There is a list but mostly 5 and above. I will try to post a picture of the sheet.

Attachments

• 2495DDC7-0A99-4969-BE7E-6E6FB0F5FF6F.jpeg
    2495DDC7-0A99-4969-BE7E-6E6FB0F5FF6F.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Let’s see

Attachments

• D7BBEF69-89E7-4A9E-9019-3940713B8735.jpeg
    D7BBEF69-89E7-4A9E-9019-3940713B8735.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 51
  • B417A6AA-F65A-4ABA-8BB6-D19225A45680.jpeg
    B417A6AA-F65A-4ABA-8BB6-D19225A45680.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 49
  • BAF6F96F-1388-4777-9F6D-636E8A4CB7C3.jpeg
    BAF6F96F-1388-4777-9F6D-636E8A4CB7C3.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 36
Thank you! I sit required to prebook that and call them or no problem makign reservations for a slot onsite?

My picture cut out part of the bottom where it says Adult Supervision Required. Before that it says (RR) Advance Reservation Required - so for certain activities, yes.

Going to be at Disney Vero Beach in October, 2021. My wife is big into historical parks, and has found Biscayne, that is a 2 and one-half hour "day trip" from the resort. Please tell me that there is something similar closer to the resort.

Last edited:
@bwbuddy5..can’t answer the question about historical parks but 5 hours in one day does not sound fun to me 😱Hope u find something closer. Isn’t Key Biscayne down by Miami? Prepare yourself for traffic

It appears that our cruise in August may actually sail, and given the approaching 30 day period and the closure of DVC offices and website for a bit, I believe I may have made someone very happy this evening when I had to cancel our reservation for the Beach Cottage for 8/17 - 8/20.

Hope to get to stay at the remodeled version at some point. Time to start stalking available dates at 7 months !

mac_tlc

We are going to Vero this Sunday. Does anyone know what time the pool opens? I want to make sure we are there at opening as we need a table with umbrella.

Going to be at Disney Vero Beach in October, 2021. My wife is big into historical parks, and has found Biscayne, that is a 2 and one-half hour "day trip" from the resort. Please tell me that there is something similar closer to the resort.
Highly unlikely it would only take the 2 1/2 hours to get there or back. I drove from Sebastian to Miami a bunch of times when my son was in college and only managed that quick of a trip once.

We are going to Vero this Sunday. Does anyone know what time the pool opens? I want to make sure we are there at opening as we need a table with umbrella.
Pool opens at 8 am, but Eb & Flos does not open until 9. You can see a cast member to get pool towels. These are no longer left in the rooms. You need to give them your name and room number (although we found the return process to be hit and miss as to being asked for that information so they could check us off). When we were there last week, we were able to get an umbrella table even as late as 10 am, although the choice of locations was more limited than earlier in the day. It was busier on Saturday and Sunday.

Pool opens at 8 am, but Eb & Flos does not open until 9. You can see a cast member to get pool towels. These are no longer left in the rooms. You need to give them your name and room number (although we found the return process to be hit and miss as to being asked for that information so they could check us off). When we were there last week, we were able to get an umbrella table even as late as 10 am, although the choice of locations was more limited than earlier in the day. It was busier on Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you so much for all that info!! If it is just two of us in our room will they only give us two towels (one for each of us)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter