Vero Beach in October?

WDWNewbie

<font color=deeppink>Sometimes in life you don't g
By next year, we will have had 3 October vacations at DVC Hilton Head--and we just LOVE IT there!! We are thinking of trying Vero Beach for next October.

Is October a good time to go to Vero Beach? Are all the activities on in Fall that are during the summer? (HH had a good selection in October, so I assume Vero would too)

Also, I have read in some trip reports that pool chairs are in short supply--is this just in the peak Spring/Summer season or all year round? In HH in October there are often only one or two families in the pool!

One more question--anyone know how many dedicated 2 br units are in Vero?

Thanks very much!

WDWNewbie said:
By next year, we will have had 3 October vacations at DVC Hilton Head--and we just LOVE IT there!! We are thinking of trying Vero Beach for next October.

Is October a good time to go to Vero Beach? Are all the activities on in Fall that are during the summer? (HH had a good selection in October, so I assume Vero would too)

Also, I have read in some trip reports that pool chairs are in short supply--is this just in the peak Spring/Summer season or all year round? In HH in October there are often only one or two families in the pool!

Thanks very much!

I can't be of that much help but I can say that October is really a pretty good month to visit Florida. Of course it is still hurricane season but the chances drop off in October. Peak hurricane season is August and September. October is still nice and warm but not quite as humid. We actuaaly will be staying at VB the first week of October in a Beach Cottage. Can't wait! Good luyck and I hope you enjoy your stay.

DAVE

WDWNewbie said:

Thanks very much!

Hi There,

I can't help you with the question about the weather, but will say we had our September trip cancelled last year :-( We all know why that was. I'd guess by October hurricane season is past its worse.

As for the chairs by the pool. The CM's at the resort rope off the pool area before a certain time of the morning now to stop people reserving the chairs etc with towels. I don't think you'll have any problems in October though, its a slow time of the year.

There are 18 dedicated 2 br units in total at Vero.

Hope this helps

Greg

October is a nice quiet time to visit VB. They seem to have activities all year - not sure if they have more in the summer, but something is usually going on for kids.

Sometimes the weather can turn quite cold and windy in October, and the ocean can be colder, but if you like HH in Oct, you should love VB - odds are it will still be hot and somewhat humid!

We were at VB in Oct 01 and Oct 02 and had great weather and a very relaxing stay. I would go again this year if I weren't going to HH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter