Vero Beach - help please?

BeverlyJ

Little Natasha is my world.
:Pinkbounc Yippee! Just made a cash reservation for a 1 bed at VB for October. This will supplement our trip home to BCV and conserve our points - figured that with the £/$ exchange rate that $187.50pn for 3 nights was a great deal against 110 points.

My question is this. Member services just told me that all 1 bed villas at VB are Ocean View. Is this true?

PS I called my mom (she is coming HOME with us too) and she is soooo excited. First flight, first WDW trip and a great trip with her beloved granddaughter (3). :wave:

Does life get any better? The only way to make this trip better would be for me to be allowed to become Tinkerbell and do the deathslide zipwire at the start of wishes.........::yes::

Ooooh - lost for words - the excitement has taken over. What will the three ladies be like in 240 days - poor hubby!!!!

:hyper:

I don't know about the ocean views with a 1 br. Maybe someone else can answer that.

Did you get the member discount? :D

When in October are you going to be there? We will be there from October 24-Nov.1 or 2.

Have fun!

Thanks. Yes, we got 25% discount. I think that's great, but haven't booked cash before. Is it good?

We'll be there 8th to 11th Oct, so we'll miss your visit. Not met anyone from DIS yet. Still - we have 38 years to go.......:teeth:

Hi, BeverlyJ. I am glad to read that you are looking forward to your stay at Vero!
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that 1br ocean views are somewhat scarce. If you get an upper floor you may get lucky, but it may not be 'head-on' ocean view.
As far as I know, only beach cottages and ocean view inn rooms have a guaranteed ocean view.

Good luck, and enjoy Vero Beach! :cool:

PS- When it October? We will be there October 24-28.

MG

I guess it depends on your definition of ocean view, but I think it would be more accurate to say that very few of the one bedroom villas are ocean view. The dunes really make it very difficult to see the ocean from anything but the top floor rooms. The beach houses have the very best view. I thought I saw someone post that MS would no longer take a request for ocean view for anything other than the inn rooms.

Having said that, last year we had a great 1 br that faced north - ocean was on the right -- you had to lean out to see it, but you could sure hear it. Our philosophy is any day at VB is better than one at work.. Hope you have a great time

I think the cash discount is great for VB. Sometimes it just makes more sense than using points. :D

I believe that the only room types with a guaranteed Ocean View are the Beach Cottages and the Ocean View Inn Rooms. The 1BRs are in the outer buildings so I think you are taking your chances as to whether or not you'll get the the view. An "upper floor" request should assure that you have some sort of a view. We were there mid-January and had one of those corner Inn Rooms with a magnificent ocean view (seriously, my DW gasped when she got a look at it).

But hey, if Member Svcs tells you that is the case, perhaps it is. From the price, it looks like you got the member discount (not suprising given the season); just to note that you could do the one weeknight in your stay (Sunday the 10th) on points, to reduce cash outlay (costs 18 points, I believe). According to my calculations, if you assume points are worth $10 apiece on the rental market, it always pays to get the weekend nights for cash at VB, even at rack rate; the DVC discount on the cash ressie is just gravy after that.

I hope you enjoy VB as much as we did. Note that August thru early November are hurricane season down there (how cool would it be to have an ocean view during a hurricane :) ). But when it is not blowing, the weather is glorious.

October is our FAVORITE time at VB. Warm, pleasant, perfect!

We had about 2 days once when the ocean was churning real hard and we couldn't play on the beach.

The resort is usually pretty quiet in October/November but there are still MANY things to do each day.

Don't forget to get a one hour massage!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter