• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach for Older Teens

We did visit Vero Beach Resort when our girls were teens, and there was plenty for my DD's to do.

Of course, the pool and beach there offer a great opportunity for swimming, sunbathing, etc. Also, there are wave runners etc. that folks enjoy renting, though we never did.

There is a small mini golf course at the resort, as well as gift shop, community hall, etc.

We typically do short stays there, so I am not sure if you are staying longer than say 4 days that they may get bored by then. There is a mall and cinema not too far, but you definitely need to drive to get to it, perhaps 10 or 15 miles I am guessing. Good luck in your planning..

I can't see spending more than 4 days at Vero with my teenage son and daughters. They aren't old enough to see the value of a "relaxing" vacation, as opposed to a vacation where when you're done with it...you need a vacation.

I was just there last week and my 13 yr. old DD was bored by the third day. She probably would have enjoyed it more if we had brought her sister or a friend with us. It may have been that she was tired of hanging out with her parents at the pool and beach. It's a great, relaxing resort, but we will probably limit future visits to 2 or 3 days.

I Like the beach and just hanging around, my 14 year old son, not so much! We brought friends with us and the boys were bored. You can rent bicycles and go to the nature area acrross the street (there's passage under the road). There's nature walks, archery etc., we did it all and they were less than enthusiastic. We rented kayaks/canoe's and it seemed to go a little better but I would hesitate to do it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter