Vero Beach Adoration 2010 Thread *** Closed now *** Links to 2011 Thread inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay we are 2 weeks from our trip to WDW :banana: followed by 4 wondrous days at Vero :beach:. This is our first time at Vero... what do we need to bring to ward off these critters? :eek: When do we wear our MAGIC GO AWAY BUG SPRAY???? :wizard: (GO AWAY BUGS) What do you buy??? Are they ONLY out at night????????

Are there any photo albums to buy at Vero in the gift shop that say Vero Beach on them???

I only remember seeing the photo albums that you can buy at the parks and WDW resorts, but I could've missed them.

Okay thanks. I usually buy albums for the year we are there. Since we are only going once in 2010, I wanted to make sure I either got 2 at WDW or one there and one at Vero.

15xnvyh.jpg

fwi1cz.jpg

Rob sorry it took so long. Just catching up. Have been out on the high seas in search of Pirate Booty(tagging along on magnetometer surveys ) and out on an African Safari talking to the Animals(playing tourguide with relatives at the Parks LOL)
Those are great pictures! 1st one is a Loggerhead and second is probably one as well. The one in your picture is not a Leatherback.( the body would be almost all black/dark brown with some white "freckles" However, is that the same turtle you posted a different angle picture of earlier that I said could be a Leatherback?(went searching back some pages and couldn't find picture) Because the body did look like a Leatherback.
(Leatherback do not have a hard carapace like other Turtles but thick skin with pronounced ridges). Hard to tell from pix sometimes. Sorry my bad. :(

Okay we are 2 weeks from our trip to WDW :banana: followed by 4 wondrous days at Vero :beach:. This is our first time at Vero... what do we need to bring to ward off these critters? :eek: When do we wear our MAGIC GO AWAY BUG SPRAY???? :wizard: (GO AWAY BUGS) What do you buy??? Are they ONLY out at night????????

This year I took the advice of the great folks on this board and got the bug spray with picardian. I ended up getting OFF family care. I still got some bites but much less than the year before! I have found the bugs worse in the evening, and last year got a lot of bites when we were able to do the turtle walk. That was about 12:30 AM when we finished and we were covered in bites:scared1: This is all coming from someone who will be found by the only biting insect within a 100 mile radius.:) You will love Vero, it is our favorite relaxation spot (besides the cruise!) Have a great time.

You're welcome and Thank you for sharing the wonderful picture.pirate:

I still got some bites but much less than the year before! I have found the bugs worse in the evening, and last year got a lot of bites when we were able to do the turtle walk.
Great to hear. The no-see-ums can be heavy in the morning as well so if anyone plans on following the turtle patrol and/or taking an early morning stroll on the beach(or elsewhere) please use some spray.You won't regret it. :)

Any thoughts ideas for an adults only vacation, first-timers too, at Vero Beach? Tips or suggestions......I think we won't know what to do with ourselves without the kids! :lmao:

Any supermarkets in the Vero area that deliver????
TinklednPants: Village Beach Market on A1A(S. of Resort only about 6-7 miles) They have same day delivery available( order before noon) for a fee of $15. Have not personally used their delivery service but imho it is a high quality great little market to purchase goods from. Their phone # is 772-231-2338. Enjoy your stay.pirate:

TinklednPants: Village Beach Market on A1A(S. of Resort only about 6-7 miles) They have same day delivery available( order before noon) for a fee of $15. Have not personally used their delivery service but imho it is a high quality great little market to purchase goods from. Their phone # is 772-231-2338. Enjoy your stay.pirate:

Oh that's great information.....thanks so much!

Ghost of VB. Walking the beach early one morning came upon this fly fisherman. Shouted out to him if he has had any luck. He didn't answer. Went on my way. Finally started getting some photos off the chips and wierd you can see the ripples right through him Hmmmmmm.
snjjhf.jpg

Ghost of VB. Walking the beach early one morning came upon this fly fisherman. Shouted out to him if he has had any luck. He didn't answer. Went on my way. Finally started getting some photos off the chips and wierd you can see the ripples right through him Hmmmmmm.
snjjhf.jpg

super creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter