VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

Roll Call: Inn Room, Garden View, Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2016. First visit, so I'll be watching this thread!

I've always lived on the Gulf Coast, so I know about the risk of hurricanes that time of year. But how is the weather then in general? Warm enough to swim?

TIA!

Roll Call: Inn Room, Garden View, Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2016. First visit, so I'll be watching this thread!

I've always lived on the Gulf Coast, so I know about the risk of hurricanes that time of year. But how is the weather then in general? Warm enough to swim?

TIA!

I've swam at Vero(pool) in January. There were some in the ocean as well. Will be there in January again next year.

Hi everyone! This will be our first trip to Vero Beach. We'll be in a Studio room Aug 20-25. Going to keep reading this thread to get a handle on the dining situation as we'll be there during closures. Very excited to see photos of refurbed Studios!!!
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay

TIA!
You have been added to roll call, enjoy your first stay

Rollcall: We will be staying for our first time from Dec. 5 to Dec. 8 in a Ocean View Inn room. This will be the relaxing end to a Disney World vacation.

Does anyone know what the restaurant situation will be at the end of July, beginning of August? Also, would appreciate any "turtle-related" information. My daughter is 6 and turtle obsessed!

Does anyone know what the restaurant situation will be at the end of July, beginning of August? Also, would appreciate any "turtle-related" information. My daughter is 6 and turtle obsessed!

This link should help with the turtle information:
https://verobeach.disney.go.com/recreation/sea-turtle-conservation/

If the turtles are still laying eggs, they will probably still be doing morning outings. You meet the naturalist at 7:30AM on the beach and walk to a new nest to expose the eggs, mark the nest and discuss the nesting habits. There is also a Turtle Troop for the kids. Additionally, several nights a week, guests can meet a naturalist in the hotel (at about 10PM) while another naturalist is monitoring the beach for turtles coming ashore. When one is spotted (could be anytime between 10P and 2AM), the group goes out to watch the turtle lay her eggs. I believe advanced reservations are required.

There will be sea turtle releases on July 31st just up the road in Melbourne Beach. See: http://www.tourdeturtles.org/

You can read an old Disney Parks Blog to learn more about the program and what you can expect:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...chlings-from-cinderella-the-sea-turtles-nest/

Last edited:
Sometimes during the summer, a naturalist from AK comes and gives talks about turtles in the Community room. Check the schedule.

We will be staying here for three nights - 10/8/2016 (Heading to BCV right after).

Just to let you know. We have a reservation in August followed by a WDW stay. If you register your VB stay in My Disney Experience you will be able to make your fast pass selection 60 days from your VB check in date.

So I can link this reservation also? Good to know and I will be three/four days ahead of the game. Thank you for the tip!!!

This link should help with the turtle information:
https://verobeach.disney.go.com/recreation/sea-turtle-conservation/

If the turtles are still laying eggs, they will probably still be doing morning outings. You meet the naturalist at 7:30AM on the beach and walk to a new nest to expose the eggs, mark the nest and discuss the nesting habits. There is also a Turtle Troop for the kids. Additionally, several nights a week, guests can meet a naturalist in the hotel (at about 10PM) while another naturalist is monitoring the beach for turtles coming ashore. When one is spotted (could be anytime between 10P and 2AM), the group goes out to watch the turtle lay her eggs. I believe advanced reservations are required.

There will be sea turtle releases on July 31st just up the road in Melbourne Beach. See: http://www.tourdeturtles.org/

You can read an old Disney Parks Blog to learn more about the program and what you can expect:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...chlings-from-cinderella-the-sea-turtles-nest/
During nesting season, the Cast Member who is surveying nests that week usually gives a presentation at 7:00pm on Tuesday evening in Community Hall. It is fun and informative and they often bring little keepsakes for the kids like bookmarks or temporary tattoos. At 7:00am each morning they will meet guests on the beach in front of the boardwalk and will bring all those interested to the nearest nest to demonstrate what they do to monitor the nests, including digging down to verify that eggs were laid for a new nest or checking to see how many eggs hatched for a hatched nest. They'll also help any stragglers get to the Big Ole' Blue if they find any.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort has been supporting the Tour de Turtles event for the past several years, sponsoring 2 turtles that are released from the resort. This usually happens the day before the Melbourne release, so that would be Saturday July 30. Disney VoluntEARS come to host some fun educational activities for the kids (and kids at heart) before the turtles are actually released. It is a really fun morning, especially for the kids. Here's a picture from last summer...

Anyone have any updates on whether they have started the refurb on the villas yet? We are staying in early Aug and were hoping to get an updated one. Also, is Shutters still going to be open in Aug? (if anyone knows!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter