• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

Some notes relative to previous posts:

We have never rented a boat but there is a place by the Riverside Cafe that does rentals. I think the webpage is florida-boat-rentals.net

We were at VBR Thanksgiving 2012 and the weather was great, but as mentioned above there are chilly spells so you never know. At that time the Christmas tree was up in the lobby and some garland on the second floor rails. Very pretty, and very themed to the resort.

Thanks for all the responses!

I have one additonal question. We are arriving on a Saturday, and Iknow check in is not until 4pm but I would really love to do the CHaracter breakfast and Saturday is the only day it is offered. Does anyone know if they will let me make a reservation for it since Im arriving that day but wont be an "offial" registered guest until that afternoon?

Thanks for all the responses!

I have one additonal question. We are arriving on a Saturday, and Iknow check in is not until 4pm but I would really love to do the CHaracter breakfast and Saturday is the only day it is offered. Does anyone know if they will let me make a reservation for it since Im arriving that day but wont be an "offial" registered guest until that afternoon?

Anybody can make a reservation for the character meal or any other meals. You don't have to be a registered guest.

DH and I will be going back to VB Oct. 30 - Nov. 2. We are DVC members and this is trip #5 -- haven't been in 4 years, so I have questions:

Since I read that Boppy's is gone, what is in it's place? Is the Italian takeout place still there? Is it still good?

Do they still do a wine-pairing dinner at Sonya's? Is the brunch still good?

Can't wait to go! Thanks!:thumbsup2

Well, to be honest, I was usually in bed by 10pm most nights - the sun and surf wore me out! But, yes, they did a hard close of the pool at 10pm.

Ha! Thanks! I didn't even think about that, I'm sure we'll be the same way. We were bummed about it at Bay Lake Tower just because we wanted to hit the hot tub after a long day in the parks. This is our first vacation in years that's not WDW so I'm having a hard time remembering this vacation will be more laid back. :)

Question / no one ever mentions the Cuban restaurant in the plaza near Publix - any thoughts ? I find the menu interesting but don't have any experience as to what "what is good" Cuban food.

Question / no one ever mentions the Cuban restaurant in the plaza near Publix - any thoughts ? I find the menu interesting but don't have any experience as to what "what is good" Cuban food.

Not sire which Publix you are referencing, but if you mean the MoBay Grill by the northern Publix in Sebastian on US 1 it is Jamaican, and very good!! You can get the food to go which is good because it is popular and very small.

The menus use to be posted on Allears.net, but I can't seem to find them. Where can I get an updated menu for all eateries? TIA

staceyrhood said:
Is there a passholder discount at Shutters? Or just DVC ant tables in wonderland?
Thanks!

I know they offered TIW, but only when dining in. I ordered a pizza to pick up and asked about the discount and they said no for takeout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note2 using DISBoards

What is the closest Publix to the resort?

There appears to be three locations of Vittorio's Pizza. Which is closest to the resort and do they deliver?

Getting excitited, 2 weeks and one day til we stay in a beach cottage!!:yay::cool1:

What is the closest Publix to the resort?

There appears to be three locations of Vittorio's Pizza. Which is closest to the resort and do they deliver?

Getting excitited, 2 weeks and one day til we stay in a beach cottage!!:yay::cool1:
The closest Publix is the one on US1 at Barber Road. From the resort main entrance, turn right onto A1A and make a left at the first light onto 510 (Wabasso Causeway). At the first light, turn right onto US1 (heading north). Proceed about a mile or so and make a left at the first traffic light onto Barber (there will be a Walgreens on the southwest corner) and turn right into the Publix plaza parking lot.

The Vittorio's location that I've visited is located in this plaza (they have a take-out/dine-in special for pizza on Monday & Tuesday) so you could easily grab a pizza or other food at the same time you do your grocery run. I know they deliver and I believe the delivery area includes the resort, but I'm not 100% certain as I've always dined in.

Let me also add that if you're coming down I95 and want to stop for groceries on your way to the resort, there is a Publix located at the southeast corner of the intersection of 512 and 510. It is a little further from the resort itself, but again, if you want to get your groceries before checking in, this is probably the most convenient location. From here, you'd just head east on 510 (turn left out of the parking lot onto 510) and over the causeway.

Laughing because you all told me this was going to happen after we returned last year from VB.... we are heading back again for Thanksgiving. We had such an awesome time at the resort and enjoying Thanksgiving and all the activities that we decided to do it all over again!! Hoping the weather is a bit better this time around, but even not, I know we will have a blast!

Laughing because you all told me this was going to happen after we returned last year from VB.... we are heading back again for Thanksgiving. We had such an awesome time at the resort and enjoying Thanksgiving and all the activities that we decided to do it all over again!! Hoping the weather is a bit better this time around, but even not, I know we will have a blast!

Were there special Thanksgiving activities?

Checking in on July 9th!!! Can anyone confirm if you bring a mug from WDW ( Length of Stay) if it will work at Vero of if you can't, do they have the option to do the add a day for $3 extra a day? We're staying at CSR Business Class before VB so I'm not sure if we will get mugs since we will have the beverages included in the business class lounge. Thanks!

Checking in on July 9th!!! Can anyone confirm if you bring a mug from WDW ( Length of Stay) if it will work at Vero of if you can't, do they have the option to do the add a day for $3 extra a day? We're staying at CSR Business Class before VB so I'm not sure if we will get mugs since we will have the beverages included in the business class lounge. Thanks!

Yes we started out 5 days Boardwalk and bought mugs there. We bought them for the two week period and they worked when we moved to Vero.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The closest Publix is the one on US1 at Barber Road. From the resort main entrance, turn right onto A1A and make a left at the first light onto 510 (Wabasso Causeway). At the first light, turn right onto US1 (heading north). Proceed about a mile or so and make a left at the first traffic light onto Barber (there will be a Walgreens on the southwest corner) and turn right into the Publix plaza parking lot.

The Vittorio's location that I've visited is located in this plaza (they have a take-out/dine-in special for pizza on Monday & Tuesday) so you could easily grab a pizza or other food at the same time you do your grocery run. I know they deliver and I believe the delivery area includes the resort, but I'm not 100% certain as I've always dined in.

Let me also add that if you're coming down I95 and want to stop for groceries on your way to the resort, there is a Publix located at the southeast corner of the intersection of 512 and 510. It is a little further from the resort itself, but again, if you want to get your groceries before checking in, this is probably the most convenient location. From here, you'd just head east on 510 (turn left out of the parking lot onto 510) and over the causeway.

Thank you so much!!!!:worship:

The menus use to be posted on Allears.net, but I can't seem to find them. Where can I get an updated menu for all eateries? TIA

I posted pics of the menus from the restaurants from Nov. It's in the first few pages of this thread. On phone so I can't link right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter