• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach 2014 Information & Adoration Thread

I am fairly new to reading about vero beach and looking forward to my trip there on June 9. I seem to remember reading something about people trading off beach chairs? Is there a site to go to for that or any other information I can find about that? I will be there until 12th of June really looking forward to spending some time with my children and grandchildren. We are staying in a one bedroom. I did not put any special requests because I was not sure what to ask for. I'm sure they will all be nice.

We check in on June 12th! Did you end up finding chairs? we'd love to use them when you leave, if so! Let me know!

It's our first trip to VB! I can't wait!!

Checking in today! Leaving from the Boardwalk a bit later after we pick up the car. If anyone has any chairs to pass along today please let me know.
Thanks

For those of you who go to Costco, they have the Tommy Bahama backpack beach chairs that completely recline and have the cooler attached to the back. They also have matching umbrellas and beach carts to carry everything.

For those of you who go to Costco, they have the Tommy Bahama backpack beach chairs that completely recline and have the cooler attached to the back. They also have matching umbrellas and beach carts to carry everything.

We are here now, and those backpack beach chairs are great! We also ordered a "Shade Shack" and a very lightweight parachute "silk" beach blanket from Amazon. The Shade Shack collapses into a disc that doesn't weigh more than a couple of pounds, and together, we end up with an easy to transport, easy to set up, shady home on the beach.

Since Southwest will allow 2 checked bags per person, and I sew, I made a padded bag for 2 chairs, and a non-padded bag for the Shade Shack and 2 beach towels. This is our 3rd trip down here with this stuff, and so far everything has come through perfectly.

We love that we don't have to keep throwing away cheap chairs and have a system that works really well for us.

Do they keep hot water near the area they serve coffee in the morning? I was going to bring Starbucks Via instant coffee, but can't remember if they have hot water readily available. TIA

Do they keep hot water near the area they serve coffee in the morning? I was going to bring Starbucks Via instant coffee, but can't remember if they have hot water readily available. TIA

Yes, we're here now and there is a pot of hot water near the coffee area outside of Shutters.

1st trip to Vero Beach in July. Has anyone visited the spa? We were hoping to get some feedback before booking any services.

1st trip to Vero Beach in July. Has anyone visited the spa? We were hoping to get some feedback before booking any services.

My wife and I did the hot stone massage. It was very nice! A little pricy like everything at Disney but we were happy!

We will be there from June 10-13
First stay for me but my DD's have been there before
Does anyone know what activities will be each day/night

Camp fire sing along/story with marshmallows ???
Stargazing and archery????

One more question we will be going to Disney world first (BCV) and getting the length of stay mugs ... Will they work at vero (total days will be 10)

My husband and sister each had massages early in May. Both were very happy.

A little crazy, but add us to the roll call ~ December 22 for 2 nights, OVIR. DH and I first visited the resort 13 years ago, and loved it so much made it part of every Disney trip thereater until 2 years ago when we purchased a condo in Sebastian. Even though we have our own place, we still LOVE to visit the resort so this year we a taking a "vacation" from our vacation and hitting the resort for 2 nights to enjoy the beach, pool and spa. Crazy maybe, but gee life is good sometimes ::yes::

I can't believe how fast 6 nights flew by at Vero. I'm back home and already counting down the days until my next visit (92).

Weather was great this past week - 2 short pool closings due to nearby lightning strikes but otherwise lovely.

Turtle season is off to a slow start but we had a few new nests near the resort this week. Shout out to the awesome Disney Animal Programs turtle team, especially Kari, who were awesome ambassadors for both Disney and the magnificent, but endangered turtles.

The new pool hours took some getting used to. It was odd to see the lifeguard stand manned from 8am until 10pm each day. Of course, that required some additions to the lifeguard/recreation team and the new and new-to-me CMs are ridiculously awesome.

It seemed as if there were more annoyingly aggressive black birds in the pool area this visit. They seemed to be unavoidable and were pooping all over the place.

Not sure why, but there was a terrible stench along edge of the Indian River Lagoon near Captain Hiram's and Squid Lips. Dining at Squid Lips wasn't impacted (just the walk down the pier to the restaurant) but the Sand Bar at Hiram's was just unbearable (and closed when we tried to go there).

Vittorio's Pizzaria (Publix Plaza on US1 at Barber Rd) is my new favorite place for an excellent, inexpensive meal - Monday & Tuesday they have a take-out or dine-in special of $9.49 for a 16" cheese pie. Sooooo delicious.

And finally, a tip for those who use the showers in the restrooms by the pool before departing the resort. There are no hooks outside the shower stalls to hang your towel and the towel always seems to get wet or fall to the floor if you try to hang it over the curtain rod. If you bring a carabiner, there is a loop on the resort pool towels that you can use to hook the towel to the outside of the shower curtain so you'll have a dry towel to use when your shower is complete.

Will try to post some photos once I get them uploaded to flickr.

I can't believe how fast 6 nights flew by at Vero. I'm back home and already counting down the days until my next visit (92).

Weather was great this past week - 2 short pool closings due to nearby lightning strikes but otherwise lovely.

Turtle season is off to a slow start but we had a few new nests near the resort this week. Shout out to the awesome Disney Animal Programs turtle team, especially Kari, who were awesome ambassadors for both Disney and the magnificent, but endangered turtles.

The new pool hours took some getting used to. It was odd to see the lifeguard stand manned from 8am until 10pm each day. Of course, that required some additions to the lifeguard/recreation team and the new and new-to-me CMs are ridiculously awesome.

It seemed as if there were more annoyingly aggressive black birds in the pool area this visit. They seemed to be unavoidable and were pooping all over the place.

Not sure why, but there was a terrible stench along edge of the Indian River Lagoon near Captain Hiram's and Squid Lips. Dining at Squid Lips wasn't impacted (just the walk down the pier to the restaurant) but the Sand Bar at Hiram's was just unbearable (and closed when we tried to go there).

Vittorio's Pizzaria (Publix Plaza on US1 at Barber Rd) is my new favorite place for an excellent, inexpensive meal - Monday & Tuesday they have a take-out or dine-in special of $9.49 for a 16" cheese pie. Sooooo delicious.

And finally, a tip for those who use the showers in the restrooms by the pool before departing the resort. There are no hooks outside the shower stalls to hang your towel and the towel always seems to get wet or fall to the floor if you try to hang it over the curtain rod. If you bring a carabiner, there is a loop on the resort pool towels that you can use to hook the towel to the outside of the shower curtain so you'll have a dry towel to use when your shower is complete.

Will try to post some photos once I get them uploaded to flickr.

I'll have to try the pizza place!

Ugg about the birds and the stench. Birds were not a problem in early May!

June 29-July 3rd! Family gathering...a one bedroom and 2 inn rooms. We went last year for 2 nights and loved it so much that the kids requested it again this year. We're bringing the cousins...it will be their first visit to anything Disney! We're looking forward to the pirate dinner!! We head to the GF on July 3rd for one night so we can watch the fireworks and check out that resort. Counting the days!!!

Any suggestions for our first visit would be great ...

We will be there June 10-13 in two inn rooms ...

Should I buy chairs, umbrella, water items etc ...

Ages are myself (44) and my DD's (22, 21, 18 and 17)

Thanks

Joining in....my waitlist for a garden view inn room came through:cool1: This will be our first time visiting Vero and we are very excited!!

We will be there July 19-21

Any suggestions for our first visit would be great ... We will be there June 10-13 in two inn rooms ... Should I buy chairs, umbrella, water items etc ... Ages are myself (44) and my DD's (22, 21, 18 and 17) Thanks

Do you go to the beach often? If so I would buy. If not, just rent. For 3 days it is about the same price as buying.

Going for the first time in August for 3 nights :cool1:Reserved a Deluxe Studio but waitlisted for a one bedroom, keeping my fingers crossed!

Booked 2 nights June 30-July 2nd. Never stayed at VBR so I'm really looking forward to it. I do have a couple of questions. Whenever we stay at a Disney Resort my daughter loves the games that are played with CM during the day by the pool. Do they have this at VBR? Also I'm an avid surfer. Is anyone ever surfing in the water out front? Is there a close place to rent board?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter